Back control tactics | Page 3

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Mr Rick, Jan 24, 2018.

1. BJJ_Rage Gold Belt

BJJ_Rage
    I believe the biggest problem with gloves is not getting the foresrm under the chin, but actually locking up the choke, gloves get in the way, plus provide a solid surface for the defender to grab on...

dmwalking likes this.
  2. MaxMMA Green Belt

MaxMMA
    This is true, but the gloves can also act as a wedge, if you can manage to get your gloved hand deep enough behind the head/neck. It can make the choke even tighter and even harder to defend. You can use your own chin to help push the hand down deeper.

Getting your glove wedged behind their head is especially effective if you don't have the arm under the chin, It makes the face crank extra tight. If you slowly apply pressure to the crank sometimes the pressure can "pop" their chin out of the choke and give you the whole neck.

I like to practice my RNC technique on the "Century Bob" bag. The mannequin head/neck is strong enough to help develop your "squeeze."

BJJ_Rage likes this.
  3. MilesP4P White Belt

MilesP4P
    Thank you so much for shedding some light on this brotha! Gonna start drilling everything in this thread!

mataleaos likes this.
  4. Mr Rick White Belt

Mr Rick
    I agree loads of great info in the thread. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks to everybody that has commented!

MilesP4P likes this.