Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Baby Slice’ vs. Devon Brock set for Bellator 196
By Ariel Helwani@arielhelwani Feb 8, 2018, 5:18pm ESTSHARE
1DX_3451.0.0.jpg
Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
“Baby Slice” has his next assignment.

Kevin Ferguson Jr., the son of the late Kimbo Slice, has been booked against Devon Brock in a 160-pound catchweight fight at Bellator 196, which is scheduled for April 13 in St. Charles, Mo., MMA Fighting has learned.

After losing his professional debut, Ferguson (2-1) has won two in a row via first-round stoppage.

Meanwhile, Brock (1-0) will look to add a win over another son of a famous fighter to his resume. He defeated Khonry Gracie, Royce’s son, in January via unanimous decision.

Coincidentally, the booking comes on what would have been Kimbo Slice’s 44th birthday. The popular street fighter turned mixed martial artist died in 2016.

Bellator 196, headlined by Brent Primus vs. Michael Chandler 2 for the lightweight title, is set for the Family Arena in St. Charles. The main card, which Ferguson Jr. vs. Brock will be a part of it, will air on Paramount Network.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/8/16993036/baby-slice-vs-devon-brock-set-for-bellator-196

thoughts on this fight? i think it's the right fight to make for slice. brock didnt look like a world beater, but didnt look like a scrub against gracie.

Good matchmaking. I like it. I also like the quick turnaround Bellator is giving some of the inexperienced fighters.

Back