B1tchy training partners

Yeah in isolation maybe I’d say your training partners were soy boys.
But you have another thread about wanting to do scissor take downs which are legit super injury prone, and never showed any real concern or interest in how dangerous they are or the real likelihood of injuring others.

Maybe you have rolling dirty this whole time but when you were in bad shape no one noticed cause you couldn’t really execute.

I’ve seen a few arguments over Kimora’s specifically. One I had a training partner hurt my shoulder a few times. I believe him that he didn’t mean to but he kept doing it and I was getting pissed. He gave me zero time to tap and just cranked it hard because “I was so strong it’s the only way he could get it”. I was like “yeah but you should have proper control so you can apply the sub without a surprise crank and jacking up my shoulder”. Sure his Kimuras worked etc. but its not sustainable to tweak my shoulder once a week. He eventually chilled out and we have good rolls.

Point being you might be doing uncool things and not realize it
I agree. After grappling for a while you should be able to work out that at training the setups and positions need to be quick and aggressive but the actual finish of joint locks needs controlled application which a seasoned grappler should be able to do. If you think you'll hurt your partner heaving on a submission just let it go and transition to something else or keep position.

I realize a bunch of people have already pointed this out, but I have to agree. The fact that TS admitted to using kani basami on people at his gym, not knowing what the risks are, and didn't want to ask about it because he wanted to feign ignorance if anyone caught him, makes his training partners seem like the more reasonable ones.

Also like....his entire posting history, which is mostly how whatever variation of lifting technique he has just discovered with transform him into an apex sexual predator.

I realize a bunch of people have already pointed this out, but I have to agree. The fact that TS admitted to using kani basami on people at his gym, not knowing what the risks are, and didn't want to ask about it because he wanted to feign ignorance if anyone caught him, makes his training partners seem like the more reasonable ones.

So it was him with this scissor thread. I wasnt sure. I guess that answers TS thread title about who is bitchy. He is the kind of training partner why I decided to start boxing instead of grappling this year after a long layoff. You have such a jerk in boxing as partner and get clocked thats it. Very small chance of serious injury and then he reaps what he sow. In grappling there may be surgery waiting and weeks out of the job or permanent damage with drastic consequences.

Bruh, that ego at the door is bullshit and only applies to white belts. After that 99% of these mf'ers have huge egos and can only handle getting tapped by higher belts. Just keep training. Keep your own ego in check the best you can.
i have grappled for fifteen years but never graded at all. it shit people to tears when they get chewed up by a white belt.

there are a toooooooon of egos in jiu jitsu, striking, boxing, MMA, etc.

I would say, just make sure you're not the common denominator. it's possible everyone is bitchy, but just take a moment to evaluate your behavior to be sure. Maybe gently ask your partners or coach if you're being too aggressive or something. You can't change other people's behaviors, but you can change your own.

Just a thought.

Bruh, that ego at the door is bullshit and only applies to white belts. After that 99% of these mf'ers have huge egos and can only handle getting tapped by higher belts. Just keep training. Keep your own ego in check the best you can.

This unquestionably resonates with me as being the higher truth.

The dude used to rag doll me cause, in his own head, he's billy badass.

Truth is - I'm what others perceive as a, "nice guy".
And nice guy means soft guy in their minds.

And getting tapped by the soft guy?
To billy badass - his brain cannot compute that so he comes back with, "you were using a dangerous technique"; that's his out-clause.

As to the scissor takedown - I did that once and it worked so well.
After making a thread here, I explored it with the coach - and he said, "no fucking way" - and had never done it before or since; intend to stick to Imanari rolls as leg entries in future.

You should not have to torque it at all. If you have good positioning you should be able to have the pressure come on gradually so they have time to tap.

That's hilarious. Would get panties in a big ol was.

I would not stop rolling with them.

Also realize, when you are matched more or less physically and skill wise, you're going to go back and forth a lot with guys. There are guys I train with, and the difference in who is tapping whom at the moment is predicated almost solely on who is training more.

I understand that it felt good to get your retribution, and you feel like your game is coming along. Great.

Don't gloat or be a dick about it. Just slap hands fist bump and keep rolling. Thank your partners after the round and tell them it was a good roll.

A guy I've been training with for 4 years caught me in an Ezekiel the other day. First time he's ever tapped me. I told him that it was a good tap and I think that's the first time he ever caught me, good job. But here's the deal he didn't make a big deal about it when it happened.

Your ego is not your amigo.

I am just gonna second this.

Stay humble and courteous, err on the side of caution if u are repeatedly hurting people. If those people are bitches it will come out over time.

If it gets to much avoid them. We are here to learn and have some fun while we are at. I’ll never get the massive egos especially from guys that are not even competing. So serious.

I’ll never get the massive egos especially from guys that are not even competing. So serious.

I think Jack had a good point regarding how self proclaimed hobbyists will use their "casual" approach to the sport to justify both poor and good performance in the gym. I'm guilty of this myself because I don't compete and don't have an objective idea of where I am.

Youre a 15 year white belt?
pretty well. never trained full time at a bjj club and most of the grappling i have done was no gi geared towards mma, but i have grappled nearly half my life. it's pretty funny when you go to a club as the new white belt.

pretty well. never trained full time at a bjj club and most of the grappling i have done was no gi geared towards mma, but i have grappled nearly half my life. it's pretty funny when you go to a club as the new white belt.
You are one of those guys, huh. Come in with your whitebelt and the guys go easy on you and you just wreck them because they give you a good position. You know if you told them you trained for 15 years before you rolled, it would be a different feel. I never understand this mentality.

Someone told me today that - the guy whose arm I had supposedly hurt - he hasn't actually been back to the class since.

Now - that's either cause - I actually did hurt is arm for real, which I doubt, but cannot definitively rule out.

Or - I hurt his ego, and he still hasn't recovered.

Plus - lots of feedback to the effect of the guy basically being a ruthless cunt with everyone else he trains with; nasty techniques, very aggressive, blatant disrespect shown etc.
I never had much beef with him - but in any case, apparently he's not been back.

Other thing was - he was a good competitor - won some tournaments etc.

Funny how things go.

I'm interested to see what will happen.

Back