Awesome Interview with Mike Goldberg

chrisdiaz

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Good to hear some behind the scenes talking and insight from him. Now that hes back with bellator and the ufcs commentary has taken a big dip, it gives you a new appreciation for him. I know he made some mistakes but he was genuinely passionate about fighting. Miss him on the UFC PPV's.

-Talks about the difference between bellator and ufc
-UFC best Moments
-what he did with his 6 month layoff
-Him and Big john calling fights toghther

I like him and Chael Sonnen together.

But nothing will ever replace him and Joe.

Man... I used to give Goldie lots of shit for his fuck ups... but only after he’s gone, made me realize he and joe are the best commentary team

UFC is just not the same without Goldie

Glad Bellator picked him up. He had a lot of haters, but he truly was the voice for so many epic mma events and it just feels right hearing him call the action.

Goldie truly is the godliest sidekick, made even Ariel sound articulate and confident for once.

Man... I used to give Goldie lots of shit for his fuck ups... but only after he’s gone, made me realize he and joe are the best commentary team

Agreed. I used to shit on him too but now that he's gone I miss Goldie.

Glad he got hired with Bellator.

the GOAT

jRR5Izw.gif

Can someone please tell me why people dump on him?

Is it simply because he sometimes got tongue twisted? Because if so, people should remember that when you are speaking THAT MUCH you're going to have slip ups.

The dude is earnest, well-spoken and enthusiastic.

"Ourrrr TALE OF THE TAPE!!!"

I don't understand how there were people here who didn't like Goldie. Both intentionally and unintentionally hilarious (mostly unintentionally), good voice, good energy, never lost his cool even when egomaniac Rogan was being a dick to him...The guy was the greatest commentator of all time and it ain't even close.

uyjr8kh09mbz.png

You guys are funny. When he's in the UFC he gets shit on, gets let go and he's the goat.
Just like after an asshole dies, all of a sudden he was such a great guy or girl...

“Vadim Nemkov continues to chop down that 6 inch tree”

Ariel asking about Goldies daughter “what kind of actress is she?”
Goldie: “she can do anything, triple threat, quadruple threat”

<{Heymansnicker}>

Agreed, except I never wanted him gone. I knew he was flawed and I gave him a lot of shit too, but Joe and Goldie really had chemistry and their energy and enthusiasm is just right. I laughed at him a lot, but I knew I was going to miss him when he was gone.

Totally weird hearing his real voice. Sounds way less dumb...

Last edited:
You guys are funny. When he's in the UFC he gets shit on, gets let go and he's the goat.
Just like after an asshole dies, all of a sudden he was such a great guy or girl...
Naw I said when he left it was a mistake and I have always supported him, thats why I made the thread.

Back