Awesome Gif of Jose Aldo and Max Holloway Trading Punches in the Pocket

Aldo is still young true but you can tell he's been is wars. Prime Aldo is still the greatest FW I've seen. He basically went through the division twice and had like a 10 year winning streak? You can't keep that up. I see the mileage on him.
Aldo is the greatest featherweight by default, but who did he beat that is better than Conor and Max? He went through the division because the fighters at the time weren't on his level. Kinda like how Ronda went through her division. When they finally went against a superior fighter the armor was :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ed. Aldo is great, but in the end I don't think he'll be recognized as the greatest in his division because he has the best skills. He's know as the best because he beat inferior fighters for a decade. They weren't cans, just not as skilled as him.

What are you basing this on? His win over Edgar after the McG fight wasn't nearly as narrow as the first.

His win against Edgar was the worst that Edgar had ever been beaten until Ortega KO'd him. That was after Edgar KO'd Mendes in the first round and was on a great run himself.

The Edgar rematch is arguably Aldo's best win, so that narrative about Conor "ruining" him is fucking ridiculous.

Holloway is that good.

It's fascinating how a loss to McGregor will effect each fighter differently. Our beloved Jose will most likely never be the same. However the young thundercat Max has built upon the lessons learned and came along in extremely impressive fashion.
Conor's balls. Mmmmmm yum

Aldo is the greatest featherweight by default, but who did he beat that is better than Conor and Max? He went through the division because the fighters at the time weren't on his level. Kinda like how Ronda went through her division. When they finally went against a superior fighter the armor was :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ed. Aldo is great, but in the end I don't think he'll be recognized as the greatest in his division because he has the best skills. He's know as the best because he beat inferior fighters for a decade. They weren't cans, just not as skilled as him.

This is some revisionist, out of context, blowing hot smoke out of your ass bullshit.

In hindsight, without context, everyone will eventually suck and have beaten inferior guys.

"Jose beat less talented fighters!"...

Uh, no shit. He was more talented than them so he beat them.

His win against Edgar was the worst that Edgar had ever been beaten until Ortega KO'd him. That was after Edgar KO'd Mendes in the first round and was on a great run himself.

The Edgar rematch is arguably Aldo's best win, so that narrative about Conor "ruining" him is fucking ridiculous.

Holloway is that good.

Max is phenomenal. I'll always be a fan of his, as well as Aldo. No matter how bad ass someone is , eventually someone just as bad ass will come along at the right time.

That fight was hard to watch as an Aldo fan. Aldo fought like a lion, but it wasn't enough. Fuck, even during that final push from Holloway, he was firing back and landing. And Holloway just walked through it all. I remember thinking "what the fuck is Also supposed to do"? He was literally blasting Holloway back, and getting nothing from it except an ass kicking.

Both of them were great fights. Halloway is destined to be an all time great FW. If he takes out Ortega, that will be a big step.
Aldo had a good chance but he needed to point fight and get a 48-47 razorblade decision.

You just dont go in there and KO Max Holloway.

All I see is Aldo eating a ton of shots....

You didn't see the massive left hook Aldo lands in the first few seconds that snaps Holloways head violently to the left? That was a huge shot, Holloway has a hell of a chin

No, he's known as the best because he is one of the most complete Mixed Martial Artists we've ever seen. Phenominal complete striker, phenominal takedowns and top control and arguably the greatest TDD in the sports history.

From a pure skillset stand point Conor isn't even in the same league, Holloway is getting there though

Almost Done at 29, kinda sad.

Still unreal to think he's only 29...he has lots of miles on him though. Gotta fight smarter with age, not get in wars with the likes of Max H, the younger, bigger, fresher guy. I hope Jose can get his head in the game, reinvent himself. I'd love to see him try a new team...not full of "yes man" though (looking at you BJ Penn), a camp like Kings MMA for example. We'll see.

hosey aldo is wide open holy shit people saying conor knocking him out was a fluke are funny, just look at that Conor would have slept him 6 times

Still unreal to think he's only 29...he has lots of miles on him though. Gotta fight smarter with age, not get in wars with the likes of Max H, the younger, bigger, fresher guy. I hope Jose can get his head in the game, reinvent himself. I'd love to see him try a new team...not full of "yes man" though (looking at you BJ Penn), a camp like Kings MMA for example. We'll see.
Conor and Max have his number but i'm sure he would whoop lamas ,cub ecc worse than he did back then let's not forget that he whooped frankie after people said he was out of his prime and then frankie went on to beat a young hungry fighter yair

Aldo got smoked. Holloway is just a better fighter. Aldo used to mix it up way more.

Aldo was pretty tired at that point (when he is not in full control he tends to get flustered and gas a bit) he only ended up getting wild and eating shots in the end. Oh well, one of the GOATs, still.

Good point.

Aldo landed some massive shots and it had no effect

Its part of the reason I am not buying Ortega as a threat tbh.

Max at 145 is the king imo and the only way to be him is to take him down imo. Why i thought the khabib fight was a bad idea
Holloway can definitely win, but not buying Ortega as a threat is silly. As soon as he locks up a choke the fight is over. And he already cracked an uncrackable chin with relative ease in his last fight, and I reckon Frankie is harder to hit than Max. Gonna be a hell of a scrap

I know the routine, every new fighter is the better fighter, that's all I see on here. The guy went through Frankie Edgar twice that tells me he's tough and not elite just by default of the division being weak, that's a silly approach in seeing things. Unless you're going to tell me Edgar is primitive and never really elite aswell? That division was always tough and Aldo was that good. He was killing it in WEC while Conor was pondering quiting the game. Miles on a fighter is a real thing and easy to see.

Back