Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.5 (First Critics Reviews)

Predict the WORLDWIDE Box Office Total for Avengers Infinity War

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawk eyes family story was garbage and unnecessary. If it was told better it may have been ok. Im not opposed to know his back story in the movie, it just wasnt handled well

Yeah felt more than a bit tacked on, but I liked how Hawkeye took out Scarlett Witch when she getting the better of all the others and I liked his pep talk to her after she and her brother face turned.

I like Hawkeye. But man did they give him the short straw in the original Avengers. I think one of the things I liked a lot about Age of Ultron (which I think is nowhere near as bad as people tend to think) was that Whedon went out of his way to rectify that and gave Renner a much bigger part and some funny moments.

He did better against Loki than Cap. Cap is around so he can fist fight other characters so we can gauge power levels.

Update: April 19, 2018

Peter Dinklage Possibly Playing/Voicing Corvus Glaive in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

yddLS6M.jpg
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...laying-corvus-glaive-in-avengers-infinity-war

Seems like it wasn't mentioned here - according to imdb page of Avengers 4 Harley Keener (Stark's sidekick from IM3) is gonna return.

I might have missed something, but it's unclear if/when Thanos gets the reality stone (Aether). It looks like he's on his way to Earth after getting the first two you mentioned, he would have to take a detour to get reality 3rd since The Collector has it.

Indeed it,s not that clear but he does have the space stone so he can pretty much go anywhere at anytime. Detours aren't really detours when you are capable of controlling the space stone. My guess is that he will go after the reality stone right before coming to earth as he will learn from the Asgardians that the Collector has it. Because after all they are the ones who gave him the reality stone in the dark world

In the trailers he doesn't have it in the scenes on earth but it's heavily rumored that some of the stones have been CGIed out of the gauntlet as to not reveal too much.

Seems like it wasn't mentioned here - according to imdb page of Avengers 4 Harley Keener (Stark's sidekick from IM3) is gonna return.

Harley is the real Mandarin, and the Ten Rings will fight alongside the Avengers;)

Indeed it,s not that clear but he does have the space stone so he can pretty much go anywhere at anytime. Detours aren't really detours when you are capable of controlling the space stone. My guess is that he will go after the reality stone right before coming to earth as he will learn from the Asgardians that the Collector has it. Because after all they are the ones who gave him the reality stone in the dark world

In the trailers he doesn't have it in the scenes on earth but it's heavily rumored that some of the stones have been CGIed out of the gauntlet as to not reveal too much.
The stone being CGI'd out is definitely possible, but would Thanos be running up to people and punching them if he controlled the Aether? If he shows up in Earth with half the stones already collected he would just merk everything. Think of what Malekith could do with the Aether and then take that and add the power stone (apparently it's supposed to empower the others).

Spoilers from one of the half gazillion trailers/TV spots released:

Banner, Stark and Strange are in the NY sanctum and Banner tells them that Thanos has the two stones and that already makes him the most powerful being in the universe. Soon after one of those ships shows up in NY.

Which is a shame because DC if done right has as much potential as Marvel.

Unfortunately the current iteration is a steaming pile of horseshit. I liked Man Of Steel but it all went downhill after that. Had high hope for suicide squad but it ended up not being very good. Ben Affleck as Batman was a terrible terrible idea.

Man of steel was Godly (the scenes with hans zimmer score literally made me the feel power of the gods)

Superman like Ironman was a good or even better platform to start the universe.

Had they follow up with a good solo batflick, followed by a wonder woman solo, then instead a bvs as their main foundational phase, following up more solos and sequels before JL.

It couldve been a good turnout for DCEU.

I normally wait at least a week until the crowds die down a bit before I go see a movie. But not this time. Booked my ticket for 0925 on opening day morning. 3D Showing.

View attachment 371861

Smart move
They certainly have good villains. The Joker is on par with Thanos and Dr Doom for me. Luthor , Deathstroke , Two Faces and Harley Quinn are solid too. I feel that generally DC is a bit darker and grittier than Marvel. They are trying to do that with the current iteration but it just feel flat and lifeless.

I thought Nolan did a good job with the Dark Knight trilogy. Not everyone agree with this as some think it was too dark and while i agree that it was pretty gritty , it was done in a way that felt omore natural. The current DC movies just feel "forced" if that make any sense. Directors and actors are quite a big part of this. Calvill and Gadot are decent as Superman and Wonder Woman, Margot Robbie was also good as Harley Quinn. I was quite indifferent to Leto as the joker (even tough we didn't saw much of him so it may change in the future) but to me the worst is Affleck as Batman. Not that Affleck is a bad actor but he just doesn't fit the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. He's lifeless while playing the role and he doesn't even seem to enjoy it. Considering that Batman is a huge part of the DC universe that really doesn't help. Jessie Heisenberg also fucking sucks as Lex Luthor. Doesn,t feel credible for one second

He didnt do too bad in bvs. But you can tell he was trying, it didnt feel natural as bruce or batman but his physical appearance only had that going for him and felt like batman out of a comic

JL, I felt as you said, every line and act felt forced as he just wanted to get it over with cause he realizes the utter shet and mess WB DCEU Snyder is.

This batman never even got a solo, and in my opinion will be completely overshadowed by nolans batman in the long run.

Last edited:
Man of steel was Godly (the scenes with hans zimmer score literally made me the feel power of the gods)

Superman like Ironman was a good or even better platform to start the universe.

Had they follow up with a good solo batflick, followed by a wonder woman solo, then instead a bvs as their main foundational phase, following up more solos and sequels before JL.

It couldve been a good turnout for DCEU.

The road not taken:(

Burj Khalifa tower.
Literally the largest billboard on earth.
DbZUyziVAAERKPQ.jpg
Incredible.

The stone being CGI'd out is definitely possible, but would Thanos be running up to people and punching them if he controlled the Aether? If he shows up in Earth with half the stones already collected he would just merk everything. Think of what Malekith could do with the Aether and then take that and add the power stone (apparently it's supposed to empower the others).

Spoilers from one of the half gazillion trailers/TV spots released:

Banner, Stark and Strange are in the NY sanctum and Banner tells them that Thanos has the two stones and that already makes him the most powerful being in the universe. Soon after one of those ships shows up in NY.

Could be abd yeah i saw that tv spot but we don,t really know when it happens Reason i think he will go aftter the collector before earth is because once he start being involved in acquiring the time , mind and soul stones he will have his hands full unless the Black Order succeed in retrieving one for him. Would feel a bit weird for him to take a break from his that to go after the reality stone and then come back to earth. I think it would flow better if he go after the collector before going after the earth stones. But its not impossible i guess since he has the space stone so

So it seems that we are starting to get a picture of phase 4.

Heroes : Nova , Warlock , X-Men , Fantastic 4 , Namor (rumored) , Silver Surfer and those who will likely transition from phase 3 to 4. Notably Dr Strange , Spiderman , Ant Man , Black Panther , Captain Marvel. Perhaps GOG , Thor , Winter Solider and Falcon

Villains : Skrulls , Dr Doom , Magneto , Galactus , Annihilus , One or more spiderman villains (Doc Oc , Mysterio , Green Goblin , Kingpin etc) , perhaps the Sinister Six

Those are just speculations on my part from what have been reported so far but i think it's going to look more or less like that.

So it seems that we are starting to get a picture of phase 4.

Heroes : Nova , Warlock , X-Men , Fantastic 4 , Namor (rumored) , Silver Surfer and those who will likely transition from phase 3 to 4. Notably Dr Strange , Spiderman , Ant Man , Black Panther , Captain Marvel. Perhaps GOG , Thor , Winter Solider and Falcon

Villains : Skrulls , Dr Doom , Magneto , Galactus , Annihilus , One or more spiderman villains (Doc Oc , Mysterio , Green Goblin , Kingpin etc) , perhaps the Sinister Six

Those are just speculations on my part from what have been reported so far but i think it's going to look more or less like that.

I dont know (but will search) n.e thing about Nova but he sounds and looks badass.

Silver surfer is OP as well.

We also got the eternals.

I like MCUs cosmic universe. So much potential.

Chris evans spoiled and said
he assumes his last movie is avengers 4

I dont know (but will search) n.e thing about Nova but he sounds and looks badass.

Silver surfer is OP as well.

We also got the eternals.

I like MCUs cosmic universe. So much potential.

Chris evans spoiled and said
he assumes his last movie is avengers 4
Isn't that when his contractual obligations are done?

Hawk eyes family story was garbage and unnecessary. If it was told better it may have been ok. Im not opposed to know his back story in the movie, it just wasnt handled well

The family was foreshadowing.

Wife is a Skrull. She is the link between Avengers and Kree.

He becomes Ronin in despair that his family life as a ruse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back