Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.5 (First Critics Reviews)

Predict the WORLDWIDE Box Office Total for Avengers Infinity War

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No shit? That's too bad as I like TH the actor. Cheadle is good too, but I thought Howard came across better as Rhodes.
Me too. I think TH is a great actor in most things he is in. He brings a certain passion and intensity. But I think that is part of the problem as he is like that on set as well.

I just decided to google it since i have seen the rumour repeated many times but don't recall seeing anything substantial and here was ny first hit...

Terrence Howard "difficult" to work with, was highest paid star of IRON MAN?

Finally we are starting to scratch against the surface of mystery that surrounded the sacking of Terrence Howard from IRON MAN 2 which the trades quite conspicuously at the time said was for pay demands.

Entertainment Weekly report that there were two factors in Marvel's decision to let him go. The first was Terrence Howard's "difficult" behavior on the set of the film. They claim that Jon Favreau got so frustrated with Howard's attitude and performance that he spent way more hours than he should have chopping and basically minimalizing his role as Col. Jim Rhodes from a big character, to a supporting player. Another problem was that in the early days of casting, Howard was brought on to the film when no other stars had signed a contract. Marvel, not expecting to get the likes of Robert Downey Jr, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Bridges for the movie, probably offered Howard too big a contract to sign on to secure the first big name for the film.

By the time it was evident that the top Hollywood names were interested in joining this comic book property it was too late for them to negotiate. Leaving Howard, with some of his performance on the cutting room floor, as the highest paid actor of the film even though he had such a small part.

Edit:

Wow, just red this and TH is a very troubled man.

The dark side of Terrence Howard

Last edited:
Same here. Imagine this in AoU..

70af9faa-63d1-4729-8122-6422de4eda82.png

"So I take the tank mang, fly it right up to the General’s palace mang, drop it at his feet mang, I’m like, Boom! You looking for this mang? Boom,mang ! Are you looking... Why do I even talk to you guys mang? Everywhere else that story kills mang."
{<jordan}
that was some funny shit, mang

Isn't Sylvester Stallones in Guardians Of The Galaxy supposed to have powers?

Isn't Sylvester Stallones in Guardians Of The Galaxy supposed to have powers?

In the comics he does, in the movies he has a gun. He should pick up Valkyrie in space and then they can resurrect Killmonger from the sea. They then train Killmonger for an intergalactic boxing match where he has to defeat the son of the guy that killed Stakar's best friend.

The part where he crashes the plane almost ruined it for me.

The movie could've been so cheesy and campy but they made it believable. I was impressed with that. They captured the ww2 feel nicely for a comic book flick.

The ending was kinda sappy, I agree, But the movie was solid all the way through.

What are the odds that T'Challa will wield the Gauntlet at some point in these two movies?

It's really that simple. This is also why I don't like weird shit where people are able to move it in space/without gravity whatever. Goes against the spirit of the object, creative wise, for the sake of drama. It really just should not be able to be moved period unless you are worthy. Also part of why I thought the whole Jane Foster as Thor horseshit was one of the dumbest gimmicks ever crafted.

It was a lame concept, but they pulled it off really well. The first 10? issues were actually very good.

I think Marvel might just let Squirrel Girl defeat Thanos in the climatic scene of 2019 Avengers film. No mention of her beforehand, just boom! Pops in and saves the day.
Would make for an awesome post credit scene :D

Hawkeye looks AMAZING!
What are the odds that T'Challa will wield the Gauntlet at some point in these two movies?
And all the stones turn purple.

It was a lame concept, but they pulled it off really well. The first 10? issues were actually very good.

Would make for an awesome post credit scene :D

Hawkeye looks AMAZING!

And all the stones turn purple.

Since they're already borrowing from Hickman maybe the people behind the scenes like the image of TChalla with the Gauntlet from Secret Wars when he faces off against Doom.

The movie could've been so cheesy and campy but they made it believable. I was impressed with that. They captured the ww2 feel nicely for a comic book flick.

The ending was kinda sappy, I agree, But the movie was solid all the way through.

Not that he said goodbye to Peggy, but it was the slowest, most anticlimactic crash ever. That thing should have exploded mid air and flung him into a mountain. I think as far as origin story movies go it was very good.

Since they're already borrowing from Hickman maybe the people behind the scenes like the image of TChalla with the Gauntlet from Secret Wars when he faces off against Doom.
Lots of great imagery in that series, I wouldn't be surprised if they lifted it.

Not that he said goodbye to Peggy, but it was the slowest, most anticlimactic crash ever. That thing should have exploded mid air and flung him into a mountain. I think as far as origin story movies go it was very good.

Well I think it was written that way so their dialogue could be shared.

I think the scene would've had more weight if it was written a little better. The build up wouldn't have been so bad.

Cap 1 is so underrated it isn't even funny. The movie is great imo.
I feel like I have to rewatch this, because i've heard many people say it, and I don't remember it so favorably.
I saw it once long ago, and I remember being very luke warm on it.
I'll give it another go before IW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back