Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.4 (April 27 U.S. Release; Six Untitled MCU Films Get Release Dates)

How much will Infinity War earn in the U.S. after its theatrical run?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Cheadle is by far the worst casting every in an MCU movie. Such a waste.

Last man on earth I'd nickname "War Machine". The man looks like a ballet dance instructor.

Last man on earth I'd nickname "War Machine". The man looks like a ballet dance instructor.
This doesn't make any sense, he's only named that because of the suit.

Downey doesn't look like an Iron Man.

Not really, I guess. She's telekinetic for sure. They've never really given a verdict on her.

She can manipulate people's perceptions, usually by making them see whatever they fear or hate the most. As far as I know, she can't read minds or directly control them like Xavier.

This doesn't make any sense, he's only named that because of the suit.

Downey doesn't look like an Iron Man.

But Hulk looks like a hulk, Wolverine looks like a wolverine, professor X looks like a professor, Juggernaut looks like a juggernaut, Captain America looks like a captain, Power Man looks like a powerful man, Superman looks like a super man, Drax the Destroyer looks like he destroys things, Thor looks like he's a god of thunder, Black Panther is in fact a black guy that lives in the jungle and seems like a pretty cool cat, Beast is a beast, Colossus is colossal, Doomsday looks like the last thing you'll ever see, Loki the trickster looks sneaky, Joker looks funny, Flash isn't a big fat guy, Sabretooth looks feral, Thanos looks like a Thanos, whoever that is.

And so on. Overall, there is a visual correlation between the name and the person, both in the comics and in the movies.
Plus, from what I remember, comic-book Rhoades has never been depicted as anything but a fairly tough-looking dude.

But Hulk looks like a hulk, Wolverine looks like a wolverine, professor X looks like a professor, Juggernaut looks like a juggernaut, Captain America looks like a captain, Power Man looks like a powerful man, Superman looks like a super man, Drax the Destroyer looks like he destroys things, Thor looks like he's a god of thunder, Black Panther is in fact a black guy that lives in the jungle and seems like a pretty cool cat, Beast is a beast, Colossus is colossal, Doomsday looks like the last thing you'll ever see, Loki the trickster looks sneaky, Joker looks funny, Flash isn't a big fat guy, Sabretooth looks feral, Thanos looks like a Thanos, whoever that is.

And so on. Overall, there is a visual correlation between the name and the person, both in the comics and in the movies.
Plus, from what I remember, comic-book Rhoades has never been depicted as anything but a fairly tough-looking dude.
I'm not reading all that, man.

In his suit he literally looks like a war machine.

The Good thing about naming them the "The Children of Thanos " is the connection to Guardians of the Galaxy and having Gamora and Nebula as his Daughters. They kind of make the Children like Darkseid's Furies bred for Battle to serve the Master , in this case though taken prisoner and the only way to survive was to win or risk receiving "improvements" in Nebula's case.

There's also the fact that there is a real life Black Order, and they are not very nice people at all. Probably best to avoid connecting a group of characters in your film to a group of Nazi Satanists - because obviously just being a Satanist or a Nazi isn't evil enough:rolleyes: - who advocate human sacrifice:eek:

It's unfortunate, because Black Order is a cool name, and I was looking forward to the invitable #BlackOrderLivesMatter memes:D

Update: February 8, 2018

Marvel Studios Kicks Off Its 10th Anniversary with Massive Class Photo

DVh0DUXV4AAIi6e.jpg:large

Where is Ed Norton and Liv Tyler?

Does Black Widow look like a Black Widow?
Does Scarlet Witch outside the suite look Scarlet or like a witch?
Does Batman look a manbat?
Does Magneto look like a magnet?

We could go on as well.

While some characters may look like their alter ego their are equally many others who do not.

Can any Marvel Comic fan help me out

Amazon is selling this book called Infinity War for 4 dollars...I also see that its 256 pages

My question is does that include all the tie in issues and should I buy this ???

Amazon is selling this book called Infinity War for 4 dollars...I also see that its 256 pages

My question is does that include all the tie in issues and should I buy this ???

According to the information, it only "collects Infinity Gauntlet (1991) #1-6."

I don't think it will include any tie-in. I did the math. One issue is around 39 pages. Multiplied by 6, you'll get 234 pages. So if you include the covers and foreword and stuff, you'll get 256 pages.

Bought the series as a kid. Still have it at my mom's house in a box.

According to the information, it only "collects Infinity Gauntlet (1991) #1-6."

I don't think it will include any tie-in. I did the math. One issue is around 39 pages. Multiplied by 6, you'll get 234 pages. So if you include the covers and foreword and stuff, you'll get 256 pages.

I feel like those Tie Ins have got to be important

Guess I'll just find them a different way

Update: February 18, 2018

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Promo Art and Toy Reveals Thanos in Full Armor

snjpsuobgtg01.jpg

display

Good news to the Thanos armor lovers. He does put on the armor at some point in the movie.

<{smellit?}>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back