Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.3 (First Epic Trailer Released; Most Watched Trailer of All Time)

What did you think of the Avengers: Infinity War trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tempered my expectations a little. I love the Infinity Gauntlet run of comics they're some of the best ever written but they are all written from the perspective of Thanos. These movies are going to be from the perspective of Robert Downey Jr and i think it's really going to hurt the story telling. The Avengers & X-Men were practically a footnote in the source material.

@Dragonlordxxxxx any thoughts on:

https://www.cbr.com/disney-fox-deal-back-on/

giphy.gif

Wow if Disney could get x-men and just start all over. Do the sentinel Saga properly his time, work into the dark phoenix saga properly. Would be amazing.

If they do get the Rights back I am 100% confident Feige takes his time it. Phase 1 to 3 was essentially and Avengers Saga and if they get X-men a little late in Phase 4 Phase 4 can be a farewell to the Avengers as we knew them and an introduction to the X-men and Fantastic 4 into the MCU. Scarlet Witch can be the catalyst , a MCU version of the house of M as her powers alter reality and allow for Mutants in the MCU.

I've tempered my expectations a little. I love the Infinity Gauntlet run of comics they're some of the best ever written but they are all written from the perspective of Thanos. These movies are going to be from the perspective of Robert Downey Jr and i think it's really going to hurt the story telling. The Avengers & X-Men were practically a footnote in the source material.

meh, Transitioning to Cinamatic Universe will have changes do it being a complete different approach in comparison to comics, cartoons ect. Alot things to consider when making the transition without it being a huge flop.

On screen, the audience has already developed a connection with the characters and it's foundation via (RDJ/Tony stark and others), we've already got snippets of Thanos slowly building up to be the major villain. Making them a footnote on screen won't make any sense since we've already gon through adventures and prepared for the last 10 years to see the squad go up again'st Thanos on screen.

The directors have also said, this will be Thanos's Journey to acquiring the stones so we will be connecting with his perspective aswell to a degree. They're not gonna kill him off right away

Last edited:
If they do get the Rights back I am 100% confident Feige takes his time it. Phase 1 to 3 was essentially and Avengers Saga and if they get X-men a little late in Phase 4 Phase 4 can be a farewell to the Avengers as we knew them and an introduction to the X-men and Fantastic 4 into the MCU. Scarlet Witch can be the catalyst , a MCU version of the house of M as her powers alter reality and allow for Mutants in the MCU.

The best part is that the Phase 1-3 actors can still appear in the MCU under this scenario without being totally committed.

Ok here's who I think is going to die in these next two movies:

Loki
Tony and/or Cap
Hawkeye
Wong
Falcon or War Machine

@Dragonlordxxxxx, who do you think is gonna get out down by those big purple hands?

Ok here's who I think is going to die in these next two movies:

Loki
Tony and/or Cap
Hawkeye
Wong
Falcon or War Machine

@Dragonlordxxxxx, who do you think is gonna get out down by those big purple hands?
I think Loki is going to die. But other than that, I'm not sure who else. And I rather don't want to dwell on who's going to die too much because I don't want to set myself up for some unrealistic expectations and be disappointed when those expectations are not met.

I think Loki is going to die. But other than that, I'm not sure who else. And I rather don't want to dwell on who's going to die too much because I don't want to set myself up for some unrealistic expectations and be disappointed when those expectations are not met.
So this is you, watching the movie:

DLX: C'mon, kill Tony! Kill Tony!!

Movie ends.

DLX: Goddammit! He's still alive! Fuck this movie!!!

So this is you, watching the movie:

DLX: C'mon, kill Tony! Kill Tony!!

Movie ends.

DLX: Goddammit! He's still alive! Fuck this movie!!!
Lol. No, it means I'm ready to just accept what the movie is going to give us. If these so and so characters don't die, I'm fine with it.

I think Winter Soldier is close to the chopping block. After all, what has he got to live for? no family or love interests, no plotline to pursue, not likely to star in any spinoff movie. And yes, I know he suceeded Captain America for a while in the comics, but I don't feel like that would make a whole lot of sense in the movie continuity. Him redeeming himself by dying heroically, on the other hand...

Odin? Wouldn't it make sense for him to finally be killed off?

I think Winter Soldier is close to the chopping block. After all, what has he got to live for? no family or love interests, no plotline to pursue, not likely to star in any spinoff movie. And yes, I know he suceeded Captain America for a while in the comics, but I don't feel like that would make a whole lot of sense in the movie continuity. Him redeeming himself by dying heroically, on the other hand...

Sebastian Stan has a lot of movies left. I doubt he dies.

Odin? Wouldn't it make sense for him to finally be killed off?

Have you seen Ragnarok yet?

Did anyone watch Thor Ragnarok in 3D? Worth it or better normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back