AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.12 (Crosses $2 Billion Worldwide; Dragonlord's Review)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Apr 25, 2018.

?

If you have seen AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR, how would you rate it?

1. 10 - Excellent

31.9%
  2. 9 - Great

37.3%
  3. 8 - Good

14.6%
  4. 7 - Pretty Good

8.6%
  5. 6 - Decent

2.9%
  6. 5 - Average

1.9%
  7. 4 - Poor

0.4%
  8. 3 - Bad

0.6%
  9. 2 - Terribad

1.0%
  10. I am a nerd

0.8%
  11. 1 - Reserved for Adamant's Score

0.2%
  1. MMouse

MMouse Yellow Card Yellow Card

If DCEU is ran by kevin feige.

At this point id rather go with Marvel vs Marvel.

DCEU hasnt even built themselves up to the rep of MCU and deserve a crossover.

Im good with gifs of evans laughing at batfleck.

Khabibs Tiramisu, SaiWa, Mike and 2 others like this.
  2. MMouse

This is better

1:23, my exact reaction

We will have the same reaction for the new threat for new avengers/f4/xmen

3. Sonny

Sonny Titanium Belt

[​IMG]

Mike and Clippy like this.
  4. Sonny

Sonny Titanium Belt

I might die.

5. Mike

Mike Apathetic Belt

Man I would mark out if Galactus showed up and just stomped all of them, followed by Richards and the F4 showing up with some wacky science to bail them out. Richards was the only reason Galactus and Doom didn't rule/destroy the world multiple times.

method115 likes this.
  6. TKing

TKing Brown Belt

It's a damn shame that they keep fucking up Dr Doom, I'd be cool with him rolling into the Avengers and they can make a slight mention of the F4 while he is kicking ass. He can melt war machine in his own iron suit as his entrance.

SaiWa likes this.
  7. method115

method115 Steel Belt

I've never been a huge fan of the Fantastic 4 so not as excited for them as others. Have always enjoyed the Silver Surfer\Galactus story line so I hope they heavily get into that before bringing Galactus over or at least one good movie. They tried a cartoon once but it didn't do very well because it was over after 1 season I believe.

Marvel has found a way to make me a fan of a lot of marvel characters I was never that interested in though and I'm sure they'll do the same with F4.

8. Mike

Mike Apathetic Belt

For me it's always been X-men >>>>>>> Avengers >> F4

But the F4 definitely have their moments, they have some really fun space exploration stories, especially the silver age stuff. And they have a great presence and impact in the crossover events. They are in the rare situation where their allies and villains are more interesting than they are. Silver Surfer, Doom, Galactus, etc. Also back in the day Peter and the Human Torch were bros and he would always go over there for help and advice. This is back before crossovers were as common so I always thought those stories were really cool.

The big thing is getting a proper version of Doom, a top 3 marvel villain imo. After seeing what they did with Thanos, I KNOW they can get Doom right. And GOTG laid the ground work for a cosmic setting you can just throw the F4 into. It's funny, if you had asked me back in the day I'd have said The F4 would be used to establish a cosmic backdrop you can use all the weirdo fringe cosmic characters like GOTG in.

If they can make the team with talking trees and raccoons work, they can make F4 work. And I think a lot of people underestimate how many people have been waiting for a REAL F4 movie and a REAL doom. Normally I'd say after 3 fuck ups it's just too late, but even casual fans know the difference between the MCU and everyone else. The hype on X-men or the F4 being done by MArvel studios will be HUGE, and will bring back all those fans that were disappointed with the old movies.

I'm a BIG X-men fan, and I can't wait to get new X-men movies made by someone that knows what the fuck they're doing. They know how to stay faithful enough to the comics to keep comic fans like me happy, while adding something new and changing enough things so it all looks good on the big screen and nothing looks goofy or dated.

I was slightly disappointed the MCU kicked off with the Avengers because I like the X-men more, but these movies are so damn good now I'm excited to see what they do with all my favorites.

Khabibs Tiramisu and method115 like this.
  9. TheWorm

TheWorm Red Belt

They can’t do anything like that until after the deal closes. That’s not supposed to happen till mid-summer 2019. While the transaction is creeping towards completion now that it has shareholder approval from both Disney and Fox, there’s still a long way to go before this gets done and they can’t start utilizing each other’s characters until it is a done deal.

10. method115

method115 Steel Belt

Eh maybe technically they can't but with the deal being approved I could see them getting permission to do this.

Anung Un Rama likes this.
  11. SheetsMMAfan

SheetsMMAfan —-ThePENISS.com—-

12. MikeMcMann

MikeMcMann Silver Belt

There is always one guy who has to show up with the bucket of cold water to ruin our fun.

[​IMG]

But you are probably right.

But if Marvel wants them and the deal is near closed they could throw a few extra dollars Fox way to get a one time use permission prior the deal closing.

HomerThompson, Mike and Anung Un Rama like this.
  13. MMouse

Couldnt be more true. With longeavity of MCU, casuals are catching on. And now studios either sell their rights back (fox) or are open to share their characters (sony), because at this point there really isnt any chance competing against MCU.

Not gonna lie i wasnt fully on board up until Avengers1. After many repeats of spiderman, superman, batman, i thought we were gonna get typical one hit wonder type movies that have no longeavity. But MCU is a connected comic book on screen that will be here for as long as I live

14. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom Platinum Member

[​IMG]

15. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom Platinum Member

So who is going to be the big bad for the next round?

Galactus
    Kang
    Dark Phoenix
    Apocalypse

Mike and Clippy like this.
  16. Clippy

Clippy ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SPOT!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike and Anung Un Rama like this.
  17. MikeMcMann

MikeMcMann Silver Belt

I think it might be Doom.

They may not try to spin out the F4 immediately into their own Franchise. I think they will be more focused on the Xmen Universe. And therefore similar to Captain America Civil War being more of a Avengers movie, we may see the F4 in some type of ensemble taking on Doom. Probably in a Hawkeye standalone movie.

'Hawkeye Civil Unrest'
    *featuring the F4'

You made me stand up for Hawkeye you callous bastard.

18. Mike

Mike Apathetic Belt

When I was growing up, a cinematic universe was just a fan pipe dream thought to be impossible to implement. What they're doing is groundbreaking not just for the genre, but for filmmaking as a whole.

It's such a wide reaching endeavor with so many ways that things could go horribly wrong. It's interesting now to see all these other studios try to rush out their own CU without all that diligent work, patience, and setup, and just fall flat on their faces. It really does show these aren't movies appealing to the lowest common denominator that anyone can just mimic.

19. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Black Belt

Not as good as their normal stuff.

Heck, I'd be happy for a 7 minute clip of just their "starring" shtick for all of the characters in IW

Zookeeper Gabe likes this.
  20. VitorReem

VitorReem Geralt of Rivia

Just got my 4K Infinity War steelbook yesterday. Watched it on the ole 4K LG OLED.

LOOKS AMAZING. Watched it 2x already. 20/10. Favorite movie ever.

ufcfan4, Mike, Ottawaguy and 2 others like this.