Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.1 (New Set Photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think they'll bring Adam Warlock into this when revealing the soul stone?

Nope, gonna be in Ragnarok.

T = Tesseract/Space
H = Hela/Soul
A = Aether/Reality
N = Necklace/Time
O = Orb/Power
S = Scepter/Mind

giphy.gif

GOAT Captain America line,

Surrender? You think this letter on my head stands for France?!
I don't know if I can lighten up on Mark Millar.

I was talking LOGAN with my buddy and had to admit the depiction of Professor X was very Millaresque -- the cursing, the extremities, the finality. I hate Mark Millar's writing because it smacks of easy fan-fiction, and he's stumbled his way into writing for actual intellectual properties. And when he's not twisting them into perversions of themselves, he's lifting ideas wholecloth from other places. Sometimes, even, it's raw pandering.

But watching Professor X in LOGAN, having to admit to myself it's a very Millar-type, I began to see mitigating nuances that softened the gonzo, anything-goes feel. I had to wonder if I went back to read Millar's work, could I then see beyond the histrionics and extremities and bear witness to what he intended, even if lazily. I was able to find more shape and dimension to Matthew Vaughn's work, with the help of Dragon and Film Crit Hulk, but Millar appeal still eludes me. It feels too vacuous, and I don't know why. He usually picks great art partners. The genius isn't flying off the page for me.

I don't know if I can lighten up on Mark Millar.

I was talking LOGAN with my buddy and had to admit the depiction of Professor X was very Millaresque -- the cursing, the extremities, the finality. I hate Mark Millar's writing because it smacks of easy fan-fiction, and he's stumbled his way into writing for actual intellectual properties. And when he's not twisting them into perversions of themselves, he's lifting ideas wholecloth from other places. Sometimes, even, it's raw pandering.

But watching Professor X in LOGAN, having to admit to myself it's a very Millar-type, I began to see mitigating nuances that softened the gonzo, anything-goes feel. I had to wonder if I went back to read Millar's work, could I then see beyond the histrionics and extremities and bear witness to what he intended, even if lazily. I was able to find more shape and dimension to Matthew Vaughn's work, with the help of Dragon and Film Crit Hulk, but Millar appeal still eludes me. It feels too vacuous, and I don't know why. He usually picks great art partners. The genius isn't flying off the page for me.

Much like Garth Ennis, Millar is an acquired taste. And also like Ennis, he can go for cheap, easy shock value instead of using his undoubted talent to create something new.

At his best - Wanted, Ultimates, Kick Ass etc - Miller is GOAT level. At his worst, he's almost unreadable. He's also frustratingly undisciplined when it comes to finishing work on time. Or even at all. It's not unknown for Miller to start a promising series and then simply abandon it. War Heroes for example.

Millar has said that Old Man Logan was his, "Fuck you!" to Marvel as his contract ran out. His books had been selling really well and Marvel gave him carte blanche to do whatever he wanted with OLM, as it was his last work for them. So he decided to kill all the Heroes, put the Red Skull in the White House(after he'd gouged out Captain America's eyes)and turn the Hulk into an cannibal who fathered a tribe of inbred monsters by raping the She Hulk, his own cousin:rolleyes:

Update: March 22, 2017

The Vision Spotted on the Edinburgh Set of AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

display

Update: March 24, 2017

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Set Video Shows the Vision in a Fight

[MILD SPOILERS] "...a scene of Vision being kidnapped and fighting two aliens on the set of Avengers: Infinity War."

Ooooh, it really looks like the attackers are from The Black Order. :eek:

The one swinging the staff could be Proxima Midnight. The other one could be Black Dwarf or Corvus Glaive.

Marvel-Infinity-TheBlackOrder-Thanos-Poster.png

Update: March 24, 2017

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Set Video Shows the Vision in a Fight

[MILD SPOILERS] "Just filter a scene of Vision being kidnapped and fighting two aliens on the set of Avengers: Infinity War."

Thanos: Boy, bring dat ass HERE!!

Ooooh, it really looks like the attackers are from The Black Order. :eek:

The one swinging the staff could be Proxima Midnight.

Marvel-Infinity-TheBlackOrder-Thanos-Poster.png

Does Vision die if you take away his gem thing ? Cause I'm sure Thanos will get it in the first movie.

Does Vision die if you take away his gem thing ? Cause I'm sure Thanos will get it in the first movie.
Yeah, that seems to be the consensus among the fans that Thanos will get Vision's gem in Infinity War. It's still unknown if The Vision will die in the process.

Christ that's all this needs is a million fucking aliens to fight against.

Please no.

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus among the fans that Thanos will get Vision's gem in Infinity War. It's still unknown if The Vision will die in the process.

Thanos needs to off Vision if we're to take him seriously.

Please no.
There's going to be like 30 superheroes in the movie. You want all of them to fight one guy for 20 minutes?

Please no.

I think DL's right in assuming it's PM and either CG or BD.

There's going to be like 30 superheroes in the movie. You want all of them to fight one guy for 20 minutes?

I think it makes things much more personal when you watch 2-3 bad guys completely beat the shit out of your heros and tear them down, even end a few to watch the remainder team up and grow and win in the end.

Watching waves upon waves of some bland cgi...thing has been done twice now in both avengers movies.

it's boring

it's impersonal

it needs to stop.

I'm hyped.

@BVG As mentioned by others it probably wont be a huge army but these 5 or 6 guys kicking ass to support Thanos. Sounds good to me. Although I wouldnt mind having aliens all over the place, so they could show scenes with the defenders and the agents of SHIELD getting involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back