Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.1 (New Set Photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you like the character so much ? if you please indulge me. :)

Because he owns it.

A lot of Big Bads in Marvel Comics are given redeeming qualities. Magneto is a Holocaust survivor who will do whatever it takes to prevent the same thing happening to Mutantkind. Even if that means wiping out the Human Race. Dr Doom(in the comics, not the appalling movies)has a highly specific code of honour. If he gives you his word, he will keep it, no matter what. Although of course, Doom will often keep his word to the strictest letter of it. So for example, Doom may promise not to kill you, but do nothing to save you if you are attacked by someone else.

Eddie Brock's Venom is a cold-blooded killer, but has in the past protected those he regards as innoncent. Loki was shown to be grief-stricken when his mother was killed, and retains some love for his father, even if he did usurp Odin's throne. Dr Octopus spent several months trying to improve on Peter Parker's career as Spider Man, albeit with often questionable methods. However, he did save lives, even if his driving force was ego.

But the Red Skull...he's like Emperor Palpatine. There is no code of honour, no redeeming features. He's simply obsessed with acquiring power, no matter what the cost. In spite of where he began his career, he's not even a Nazi; he considers racism absurd as, "The Perfect Man is not born, he must be made". He reminds me of the Jew Hunter. Completely amoral, driven by ego and the desire for power. Everything and everyone is a pawn to him, to be used and sacrificed as required.

There is one Captain America storyline where Red Skull admits to him that Capitalism is a far superior system to National Socilaism. He then salutes the American flag, telling his appalled enemy that, "America is the Red Skull's kind of country!"

Because he owns it.

A lot of Big Bads in Marvel Comics are given redeeming qualities. Magneto is a Holocaust survivor who will do whatever it takes to prevent the same thing happening to Mutantkind. Even if that means wiping out the Human Race. Dr Doom(in the comics, not the appalling movies)has a highly specific code of honour. If he gives you his word, he will keep it, no matter what. Although of course, Doom will often keep his word to the strictest letter of it. So for example, Doom may promise not to kill you, but do nothing to save you if you are attacked by someone else.

Eddie Brock's Venom is a cold-blooded killer, but has in the past protected those he regards as innoncent. Loki was shown to be grief-stricken when his mother was killed, and retains some love for his father, even if he did usurp Odin's throne. Dr Octopus spent several months trying to improve on Peter Parker's career as Spider Man, albeit with often questionable methods. However, he did save lives, even if his driving force was ego.

But the Red Skull...he's like Emperor Palpatine. There is no code of honour, no redeeming features. He's simply obsessed with acquiring power, no matter what the cost. In spite of where he began his career, he's not even a Nazi; he considers racism absurd as, "The Perfect Man is not born, he must be made". He reminds me of the Jew Hunter. Completely amoral, driven by ego and the desire for power. Everything and everyone is a pawn to him, to be used and sacrificed as required.

There is one Captain America storyline where Red Skull admits to him that Capitalism is a far superior system to National Socilaism. He then salutes the American flag, telling his appalled enemy that, "America is the Red Skull's kind of country!"

Oh okay, thanks for taking the time.

I love me some Palp so I get it better now.

I'm surprised that the Red Skull hasn't already turned back up in the MCU. The MCU really lacks quality villains.

They're gonna need more bad guyz to back up the big bad... so this makes sense.

The taunting upon first seeing him could be epic.

Captain America lies on the ground, seriously wounded. Thanos has snapped his shield in two. Cap crawls to it and lifts the broken pieces. A shadow falls across him. He looks up and sees the Skull,

"I told you once before, Herr Kapitan: I had seen the future. And there were no flags!":cool:

They're gonna need more bad guyz to back up the big bad... so this makes sense.

They supposedly have the Black Order, so, I'm thinking RS is to throw off Cap via infinity stone shenanigans.

Captain America lies on the ground, seriously wounded. Thanos has snapped his shield in two. Cap crawls to it and lifts the broken pieces. A shadow falls across him. He looks up and sees the Skull,

"I told you once before, Herr Kapitan: I had seen the future. And there were no flags!":cool:

Reading it in Weaving's accent just makes it that much better.

Here's a request:

Can some clever soul locate all the Infinity Stones thus far, and the movies they've featured in.

I know we could all just Google it, but I prefer to work from memory - y'know, use my brain the old fashioned way.

Here's my attempt:

The Tessaract -

Appearances: Captain America First Avenger and Avenger's Assemble

Current location: ?

The one in Loki's staff, the Mind Stone -

Appearances: Thor, Avenger's Assemble (Loki's staff) and Age of Ultron

Current location: In Vision's 5head

That purple MacGuffin in Guardians -

Appearances: Guardians of the Galaxy

Current location: Benicio Del Toro's collection

The Aether -

Appearances: Thor 2: The Dark World

Current location: Odin's vault

The Green Eye -

Appearances: Doctor Strange

Current location: Round Strange's neck or on it's stand at his gaffe

That's all I got so far, from my recollection (some info might be incorrect). I think it's a good sign that I'm not a total nerd, but am brighter than your average casual who prolly don't even know what an Infinity Stone is or it's relevance to this series of movies.

Hopefully some clever chap will come in with a definitive list (NOT GOOGLED - don't be a jabroni)

Well shit I'm going to have to go back and watch Thor 2 I don't remember there being an infinity stone.

Here's a request:

Can some clever soul locate all the Infinity Stones thus far, and the movies they've featured in.

I know we could all just Google it, but I prefer to work from memory - y'know, use my brain the old fashioned way.

Here's my attempt:

The Tessaract -

Appearances: Captain America First Avenger and Avenger's Assemble

Current location: ?

The one in Loki's staff, the Mind Stone -

Appearances: Thor, Avenger's Assemble (Loki's staff) and Age of Ultron

Current location: In Vision's 5head

That purple MacGuffin in Guardians -

Appearances: Guardians of the Galaxy

Current location: Benicio Del Toro's collection

The Aether -

Appearances: Thor 2: The Dark World

Current location: Odin's vault

The Green Eye -

Appearances: Doctor Strange

Current location: Round Strange's neck or on it's stand at his gaffe

That's all I got so far, from my recollection (some info might be incorrect). I think it's a good sign that I'm not a total nerd, but am brighter than your average casual who prolly don't even know what an Infinity Stone is or it's relevance to this series of movies.

Hopefully some clever chap will come in with a definitive list (NOT GOOGLED - don't be a jabroni)
Good job except for your info on the current location of the Aether and Orb. The Aether was last seen with the Collector (see post-credits scene from Thor: The Dark World) and the Orb was stashed away at Nova Corps headquarter. The Tesseract is presumed to be in Odin's vault or in Asgard.

Only Infinity Stone we haven't seen yet is the Soul Stone.

Space Stone - Tesseract
Mind Stone - Loki's scepter / Vision's forehead jewel
Reality Stone - Aether
Power Stone - Orb
Time Stone - Eye of Agamotto

GiftedReflectingAiredale-size_restricted.gif
LOL.

#StrangeBless

Because he owns it.

giphy.gif

Good job except for your info on the current location of the Aether and Orb. The Aether was last seen with the Collector (see post-credits scene from Thor: The Dark World) and the Orb was stashed away at Nova Corps headquarter. The Tesseract is presumed to be in Odin's vault or in Asgard.

Only Infinity Stone we haven't seen yet is the Soul Stone.

Space Stone - Tesseract
Mind Stone - Loki's scepter / Vision's forehead jewel
Reality Stone - Aether
Power Stone - Orb
Time Stone - Eye of Agamotto
do you think they'll bring Adam Warlock into this when revealing the soul stone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back