Locked AVENGERS: ENDGAME Thread v.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not liking this for the sole reason that Annihilus is a great prospect for the big bad in the next arc; especially if they introduce the FF.
No, Skrull War time! They've been introduced in Captain Marvel, and it's great way to transition actors in key roles

I am calling it NOW.... There will be a surprise guest appearances from the X-Men (Fox version)... Maybe even Deadpool will make an appearance... I WANNA BELIEVE!!!!

Not liking this for the sole reason that Annihilus is a great prospect for the big bad in the next arc; especially if they introduce the FF.

Not sure if any kind of adaptation from Annihilation storyline would fit in the MCU. It is too complex for the average moviegoer, even for comic book readers (i was on marvel wiki at least 3 times with each comic), spanning over far too many characters and frankly, too many things happen in space, and I think it would not be well received (due to the nature of the villain and it's army).

I'm honestly not sure where MCU takes us after IF2, as this have been a well rounded phases 1, 2 and 3. But i don't think annihilation is the place to go, especially considering the movies in Phase 4 announced so far. If Nova, GotG 3 and Cap marvel 2 have been announced, then i would be more prone to believing Annihilus is the new big baddy.

No, Skrull War time! They've been introduced in Captain Marvel, and it's great way to transition actors in key roles

Continuing from the above, Super Skrull would be great in annihilus story, serving as an antivillain of sorts.

I don’t want Skrull War or Annihilus. Both are too convoluted.

I want Dark Avengers and Thunderbolts.

No more faceless armies. Give me better tier 1 & 2 villains.

Update: October 11, 2018

Leaked AVENGERS 4 Promo Art Gives Us Our First Look at New Space Suits

43147387_171623350436192_1612381565217142259_n.jpg

Things are getting serious.

Skrulls wouldnt be faceless, quite the opposite potentially, it could make for great hero v hero matchups like Civil War but without forcing you to pick who's ethically in the right. Might also be an excuse for bringing in FF and mutants. There was an old X-men where they ended up on the Skull moon base where Skrull train to impersonate superheros and they were having trouble mimicking certain mutant powers. That could be used to justify the X-men and FF missing at least, they were kidnapped and the Skrull were having difficulty with the mutant powers and/or were working on Super-Skrull

Do Skrulls get all the powers of the mutants they become? Are there limits? Can Thor Skrull lift Mjolnir and use electricity power? What are they like as their own selves?

Agreed but as AoS is not viable, I think Punisher is the next best option, given their history.

If they really wanted to boost the MTVU they could do a Defenders/Punisher cross over that Cap comes into to help out. that would put a ton of eyeballs on most of the TVU properties.

I thought the leaders of MCU and MTVU aren't on talking terms and don't like each other. This is why there's been zero connections outside of AOS.

That said, if MCU would use any of their top guys in shows, then it would be for the shows on Disney's new streaming network. Get those subscriber numbers up. Cap is too big for that anyways and considering he doesn't want to play Cap right now, there's no way he'd change his mind for a tv show..

Hell to the Yeah. If they did Norman Osborne - the Marvel poster boy for extreme mental health problems - right, the Dark Avengers would be sick:cool:

@Dragonlordxxxxx we need your Fantasy Casting for Norman Osborne/Iron Patriot, Daken/Wolverine, the Sentry and Ares - stat!:D

I thought the leaders of MCU and MTVU aren't on talking terms and don't like each other. This is why there's been zero connections outside of AOS.

That said, if MCU would use any of their top guys in shows, then it would be for the shows on Disney's new streaming network. Get those subscriber numbers up. Cap is too big for that anyways and considering he doesn't want to play Cap right now, there's no way he'd change his mind for a tv show..
i think @Dragonlordxxxxx has spoken to a cooling between the MCU and MTVU recently but I could be wrong?

And I am not so sure. Chris Evans is not an actor in very high demand. And its one think to not want to commit to the character in any more movies and quite another to do a small TV arc that would not require much time. I would not be so sure that any of the 'retiring' MCU phase 1 characters would not consider small cameo roles and especially if, as you say Disney is trying to promote a new streaming service.

Do Skrulls get all the powers of the mutants they become? Are there limits? Can Thor Skrull lift Mjolnir and use electricity power? What are they like as their own selves?
There are special Skrulls with super enhanced abilities but the nominal power of the Skrull is undetectable chameleonism. They can form simple weapons with their appendages, like blades or cudgels. They likely have greater resilience, speed, etc. -- but nothing too far beyond the realms of an apex human. They are nowhere near Plastic-Man level.

There are special Skrulls with super enhanced abilities but the nominal power of the Skrull is undetectable chameleonism. They can form simple weapons with their appendages, like blades or cudgels. They likely have greater resilience, speed, etc. -- but nothing too far beyond the realms of an apex human. They are nowhere near Plastic-Man level.
Just to add on, many (most) skrulls use tech to mimic the powers of the meta-human they're impersonating.

See: Fantastic Four 250 --

ff250_26b.jpg

I'm just mentioning Annihilus as another option for the next arc.
Skrull Kree War is definitely another, as is Galactus, Age of Apocalypse, Secret Invasion, Secret Wars, Victoria Secrets, etc.

Not sure if any kind of adaptation from Annihilation storyline would fit in the MCU. It is too complex for the average moviegoer, even for comic book readers (i was on marvel wiki at least 3 times with each comic), spanning over far too many characters and frankly, too many things happen in space, and I think it would not be well received (due to the nature of the villain and it's army).

I'm honestly not sure where MCU takes us after IF2, as this have been a well rounded phases 1, 2 and 3. But i don't think annihilation is the place to go, especially considering the movies in Phase 4 announced so far. If Nova, GotG 3 and Cap marvel 2 have been announced, then i would be more prone to believing Annihilus is the new big baddy.

Continuing from the above, Super Skrull would be great in annihilus story, serving as an antivillain of sorts.

Annihilation only seems crazy because they haven't built toward it. But, if the FF introduce the Negative Zone (could be epic af (Blastaar for the win), then Annihilation Wave could fit into a 2 part finale. Not my top 5 choice tbc, but definitely a big bad option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back