Austrian Burqa Ban Passed into Law

Would you support a burqa ban in your own country?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, the only "mask laws" we've got are at a state level and (aside from the ones I mentioned about confirming identity) the strictest are the proposed new Victorian anti-protest laws (the Crimes Legislation Amendment (Public Order) Bill 2017, which hasn't been passed yet).
None of them have religious exemptions.

You're correct, they said technically there's no law and unless they can prove its for a crime they can't charge you just for wearing it in public. My apologies mate.
He said they'd be telling you to remove it though, than suggested they'd start looking into you and asking questions.

Had a mates brother was a copper tell me this year's ago, but I was an idiot than so may have lied so I wouldn't do it for a laugh.

The cop said to tell you you're a bloody idiot and good luck trying it ;) . Also said he wasn't sure with the new bikie laws as we don't have that problem up here. Either way you were right and I was wrong.

Which state?
There are laws about "being disguised with unlawful intent", but that wouldn't include just generally covering your face.

God's country, maroons etc but you're correct anyway

Why isn't there an 'undecided' option? Not sure if it's the governments task to ban clothing.

I am quite conservative and traditional when it comes to social issues. I have no problem with banning alcohol and other drugs. I am also a big proponent of the society enforcing more appropriate behavior and manners in public. I like modest women. I do not even like it when they wear makeup. I am certainly no libertarian.

This is my kind of woman:

292849b6db7e0def4771d1e378fea008.jpg
The burka goes too far. I have no problem with the hijab. I think more women should wear it.

0ab9538a0b4a4c8d96e43f97b02fbfbd.jpg
<mma4>

I'm pretty surprised by this too in here. I generally though most of the posters here had a more libertarian view in the sense of social issues/ "don't tread on me" vibe but something simple as a burqa they ban cause it doesn't have to do with them.
That, for most people, only means I don't want the government to take things I like away from me + lower taxes.

I answered no, but then i realized that Burqa and Hijab are not the same.

So Burqa ban is good. Hijab ban is going too far. imo

Besides wearing scarf on your head is not only a muslim thing.

Exactly. Its the black tarp ninja costume that really freaks people out.

I answered no, but then i realized that Burqa and Hijab are not the same.

So Burqa ban is good. Hijab ban is going too far. imo

Besides wearing scarf on your head is not only a muslim thing.

You stopped here? What was your policy again? What between white and a brown is too far? Please enlighten us.

If you are asking what would my immigration policy be for the USA if I could make it anything I wanted, I'd class the world population into 3 categories:

Germanic
Non-Germanic European
Other

And I'd allow free movement of Germanic people subject to a basic background check. I'd put stringent criteria in place for immigration of Non-Germanic Europeans and accept small numbers of light-haired, light-eyed, talented people and would not accept any 'others'. All of the NGE and other category people who are already in the USA would be asked to leave and then deported if they refused. All the degenerate lefties who disagree could go with them.

That, for most people, only means I don't want the government to take things I like away from me + lower taxes.

I'm not strict on government size so not to me. I care more about balancing the budget than whether it's through cuts or increased taxes

I'm not strict on government size so not to me. I care more about balancing the budget than whether it's through cuts or increased taxes

Good luck in balancing the budget when the government has to borrow all its money from a private bank.

Good luck in balancing the budget when the government has to borrow all its money from a private bank.

Yhe deficit was manageable even after central banking started. I don't think that really is the issue though it does make it easier to support debt

If you are asking what would my immigration policy be for the USA if I could make it anything I wanted, I'd class the world population into 3 categories:

Germanic
Non-Germanic European
Other

And I'd allow free movement of Germanic people subject to a basic background check. I'd put stringent criteria in place for immigration of Non-Germanic Europeans and accept small numbers of light-haired, light-eyed, talented people and would not accept any 'others'. All of the NGE and other category people who are already in the USA would be asked to leave and then deported if they refused. All the degenerate lefties who disagree could go with them.

This sounds familiar. How can this Germanic group be determined? Is it all by cosmetic attributes or is this a type of DNA test of heritage?

This sounds familiar. How can this Germanic group be determined? Is it all by cosmetic attributes or is this a type of DNA test of heritage?

It's a matter of public record who is of say Norwegian or Dutch or whatever descent and who isn't. And yes I'm sure one can differentiate those people from the others by eye the great majority of the time anyway. DNA analysis isn't very good for determining ancestry so I'd probably not use that for the time being.

Back