Austin McMahon shoot?

jamesmiller14

Hoosier Daddy
@Brown
Reaction score
I was listening to a stone cold podcast with Mick Foley on. When on the topic of Vince McMahon, he told Nick that "You were there for the Austin McMahon Feud, hell, some of that was a shoot."

It makes me wonder. I don't know how many of you were watching at that time, live, but it really did feel like they hated each other. Now I was reading Dave Meltzer at this time, but they still Kayfabed me a little bit. Hearing this from Austin makes me think there might have been some shoot elements involved there, rather coincidentally, or rather one was fucking with the other to artificially inflate the feud. (obviously McMahon would be the one to do that)

Has anyone read anything or seen anything that can add to this? Because it really makes me wonder.

I haven't read a lot of people's books, particularly from that era.

I was listening to a stone cold podcast with Mick Foley on. When on the topic of Vince McMahon, he told Nick that "You were there for the Austin McMahon Feud, hell, some of that was a shoot."

It makes me wonder. I don't know how many of you were watching at that time, live, but it really did feel like they hated each other. Now I was reading Dave Meltzer at this time, but they still Kayfabed me a little bit. Hearing this from Austin makes me think there might have been some shoot elements involved there, rather coincidentally, or rather one was fucking with the other to artificially inflate the feud. (obviously McMahon would be the one to do that)

Has anyone read anything or seen anything that can add to this? Because it really makes me wonder.

I dunno man I think you might reading too much into it and he was just joking around. If anything he probably just meant he fought with Vince a lot about his booking backstage so it was nice to be able to make him take bumps and embarrass him on tv.

I think he's being sarcastic. The concept of the feud itself is s bit of a shoot which is why everyone can relate. But two things... 1) if my memory serves me correctly Vince helped Austin buy a house early on in his wwe run before he really broke through. I could be wrong on this timing, but either way it's a pretty great gesture from a boss and I think Austin really respected him for it. 2) they were making way too much money to actually hate each other lol. I can imagine Vince might egg him on from time to time and I'm sure they had many disagreements. But at the end of the day when it came to work it was just that. Work. Nothing close to an HBK hart situation.

The only thing I recall them saying was "legit" was the bed pan hit. It was a real bed pan and Steve wanted to find the best way to hit him without hurting him and Vince wanted it to look and sound as real as possible so he told him to really hit him.

The only thing I recall them saying was "legit" was the bed pan hit. It was a real bed pan and Steve wanted to find the best way to hit him without hurting him and Vince wanted it to look and sound as real as possible so he told him to really hit him.
Orton said the same thing about when he punted Vince. He wanted him to not hold back. Can't remember if it is the Hogan or the Michaels mania match where he doesn't even protect his head for the chair shots.

Orton said the same thing about when he punted Vince. He wanted him to not hold back. Can't remember if it is the Hogan or the Michaels mania match where he doesn't even protect his head for the chair shots.
The chair shot that HBK hit him with is up there with Taker/Maven as the loudest shot I've ever heard

I think he's being sarcastic. The concept of the feud itself is s bit of a shoot which is why everyone can relate. But two things... 1) if my memory serves me correctly Vince helped Austin buy a house early on in his wwe run before he really broke through. I could be wrong on this timing, but either way it's a pretty great gesture from a boss and I think Austin really respected him for it. 2) they were making way too much money to actually hate each other lol. I can imagine Vince might egg him on from time to time and I'm sure they had many disagreements. But at the end of the day when it came to work it was just that. Work. Nothing close to an HBK hart situation.
They had me kayfabed when I was a teenager. So when I heard this, it was like my young self coming out and saying "I knew it! I knew there was something there!"

Man I really wish Vince does a documentary movie or some shit

Back