Austin Aries Released

Okay so isn't that what i said.

A small promotion drawing 100 people doesn't have the money to pay through the nose.

Do you know Danny Inferno. He was big on the Indy scene years back. Prob 10 years ago

A small local promotion that plans on running multiple shows year round don't spend the money a lot of one offs do. They are not the shows that book these guys. There are a lot of one off shows that happen all the time.

An I ndy wrestler can't make more than 40K a year

He's better off going to Japan

It is what you said

A small local promotion that plans on running multiple shows year round don't spend the money a lot of one offs do. They are not the shows that book these guys. There are a lot of one off shows that happen all the time.

It is what you said

Yeah a lot of one offs are promoted by marks who just like wrestling and bring in names so they can chill with them for a bit. I bet it's fun putting on a wrestling show.

A lot of the guys like AJ go over and wrestle in Japan. They prob get paid well. From what I've heard from old school guys the money was always good in Japan.

But the I heard stories where guys like Punk/Bryan were making like 25k an appearance. But who would be paying that?

I have a buddy who wrestled the Indy scene on the east coast, some nights he made $20 bucks lol. He liked doing it and had a job like most Indy wrestlers. This was more than 10 years go. Prob 15.

What wrestler do you think on the Indy scene makes the most?

And what about promotions that always run shows like CZW or other territorial promotions that run many shows. What does a top guy there make?

Yeah a lot of one offs are promoted by marks who just like wrestling and bring in names so they can chill with them for a bit. I bet it's fun putting on a wrestling show.

A lot of the guys like AJ go over and wrestle in Japan. They prob get paid well. From what I've heard from old school guys the money was always good in Japan.

But the I heard stories where guys like Punk/Bryan were making like 25k an appearance. But who would be paying that?

I have a buddy who wrestled the Indy scene on the east coast, some nights he made $20 bucks lol. He liked doing it and had a job like most Indy wrestlers. This was more than 10 years go. Prob 15.

What wrestler do you think on the Indy scene makes the most?

And what about promotions that always run shows like CZW or other territorial promotions that run many shows. What does a top guy there make?

you're now comparing the literal worst era for indy wrestling vs AJ during his prime indie/NJPW years. Your buddy was wrestling when indies were basically dead. 15 years ago guys like Eddie were getting 5k a show IIRC. They were also the only dudes getting paid more than 100$ at most.

CZW doesn't hold their talent down to just CZW. Tremont probably clears a shitload. Deathmatch guys make a lot more money. There is more paydays but they also cant work that style all the time.

I hate them but there are quite a few guys like the Young Bucks (pre Bullet Club) and Joey Ryan who make way more than $40k a year.

you're now comparing the literal worst era for indy wrestling vs AJ during his prime indie/NJPW years. Your buddy was wrestling when indies were basically dead. 15 years ago guys like Eddie were getting 5k a show IIRC. They were also the only dudes getting paid more than 100$ at most.

CZW doesn't hold their talent down to just CZW. Tremont probably clears a shitload. Deathmatch guys make a lot more money. There is more paydays but they also cant work that style all the time.
You also have all the conventions and stuff now too. These guys can make serious bank just doing bimonthly appearances.

I'm not comparing them just telling you a story my friend made like $20 bucks years ago working small east coast Indy Feds at an American Legion hall.

He has some matches up on youtube actually. He wrestles Little Guido in a cage match if I'm remembering correctly.

How much could Tremont make a year? It can't be more than 40k-50k. Some of those CZW IWA shows have 30 people in attendance and these guys are brutalizing themselves with glass and cut all over. They can't be making more than $45 dollars a night. I've heard stories some guys get paid a hot dog and a pain killer.

In your opinion what does an Indy wrestler make who wrestles for small local promotions. Guys like the Briscoes.

I'm not comparing them just telling you a story my friend made like $20 bucks years ago working small east coast Indy Feds at an American Legion hall.

He has some matches up on youtube actually. He wrestles Little Guido in a cage match if I'm remembering correctly.

How much could Tremont make a year? It can't be more than 40k-50k. Some of those CZW IWA shows have 30 people in attendance and these guys are brutalizing themselves with glass and cut all over. They can't be making more than $45 dollars a night. I've heard stories some guys get paid a hot dog and a pain killer.

In your opinion what does an Indy wrestler make who wrestles for small local promotions. Guys like the Briscoes.

Tremont can make a lot because he can go to Europe/Japan/Deathamtch tournaments. Those tournaments pay the top death match guys. I think he lives comfortably for a guy who's a relative unknown. Local dudes are making anywhere from 20-100$ a night depending one experience. A lot of dudes who aren't wrestlers or are new wrestle for that, or guys will wrestle for free on a show that they haven't worked before. Those are the majority of wrestlers.

Guys like the Briscoes I have no idea, I know Jay and he's a good dude but I've never talked money and he's more farmer than wrestler.

Tremont can make a lot because he can go to Europe/Japan/Deathamtch tournaments. Those tournaments pay the top death match guys. I think he lives comfortably for a guy who's a relative unknown. Local dudes are making anywhere from 20-100$ a night depending one experience. A lot of dudes who aren't wrestlers or are new wrestle for that, or guys will wrestle for free on a show that they haven't worked before. Those are the majority of wrestlers.

Guys like the Briscoes I have no idea, I know Jay and he's a good dude but I've never talked money and he's more farmer than wrestler.

Yeah Japan deathmatch scene is a crazy place. Those guys are nuts. But I still cant see them making much considering their medical bills. How can you get paid $30 bucks at an IWA Deep South show and need thousands in medical treatment afterwards. Who's paying for that.

I know decades ago when the territories were huge top guys made 6 figures just wrestling their territory as the top guy. They also wrestled like 5 times a week.

Last edited:
I was kind of hoping he'd stick around longer and become a permanent announcer...he was actually pretty good at it.

At the end of the day...a vanilla midget is a vanilla midget.

The top guys make much, much more than that lmao. Top indy guys are getting 1500+ per appearance + travel. They work on average 9 time a month if they're active. That's not including the megastars on the indy level. A lot of indy guys are making more on the indies than what the WWE is offering.

Cody's even said since joining Bullet Club and getting in on those merch deals that he makes more now than he he did in WWE.

Never was a big fan. Solid worker, sure.

Hooking up with Jarrett for dat GFW money

he was good, a great rival to Neville but I guess his ego doesn't want to be 2nd best to him and wanted main roster treatment, he would have got lost in the shuffle tbh, I don't think he would stand out

he'll do well in ROH/NJPW, I'd stay away from GFW

I would like to see Adam Cole in NXT soon tho

He was supposedly a dick in the locker room. What did he do a few years back on a house show that pissed people off?

Aries is a good worker but he's not that great too think he deserves to wrestle for world titles. He could've done more in WWE but I think tag team or US champ was about as high as he should go.

They need to combine NXT and 205 Live into one roster / 2 hour supershow

I read somewhere that he was known to make kids and parents beg and thank him for autographs.

Just imagine if he did this to terminally ill children from Make-a-wish. I can't blame the wwe for firing him.

Back