Aung La Nsang

ImLovinIt

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I recently came across this fighter from One Championship and the dude is the middleweight and light heavyweight champion. Are the competition in One much lower than Bellator or WSOF? The submissions he gets on his opponents seems like it's easily avoidable or defendable, but his opponents always taps right away.

It’s much lower. He has a couple relatively good wins but he isn’t anything special. A special fighter from that region would be a lot better than 23-10

Ever seen Prachnio in the UFC? KOd twice in his two fights. That's the level of many ONE champions. Some of them are good tho.

I recently came across this fighter from One Championship and the dude is the middleweight and light heavyweight champion. Are the competition in One much lower than Bellator or WSOF? The submissions he gets on his opponents seems like it's easily avoidable or defendable, but his opponents always taps right away.
giphy.gif

KO of the year candidate.

In truth Nsang would get destroyed in the UFC and there are few guys on the roster he could beat. He's winning at life right now by being a big fish in a small pond. There are plenty of guys on the ONE roster who could have UFC success though in their smaller weight classes.

don't think he would make a big dent in the UFC tbh.

He One Champonship's Myanmar guy. They need him to draw in Myanmar's casual fanbase. They wouldn't feed him to the wolves.

I remember him getting monocled out bad by a much smaller Kyle Baker. I don't think he's got much chin.

He's a tough motherfucker, but as far as his skillset goes, it's decent, but average.

His best win was against Hasegawa, in a fight which he almost lost.

Not sure what you mean by that... He started and spent most of his career in the usa
Not only this, but he mostly lost to decent guys:

Uriah hall -- ufc vet
julio paulino -- ufc vet
james lee -- fought in pride and ufc
costa phillipou -- ufc vet
sam oropeza -- bellator vet
jonavin webb -- ufc vet

Did this guy start out as a Lethwei fighter?

No, moved to the States when he was 18 and picked up mma there. He's from a pretty well-off family, and like muay thai, not exactly the demographic that would take up lethwei.

No idea why we have to assume that he had no lethwei training growing up in burma.

No idea why we have to assume that he had no lethwei training growing up in burma.
I just thought his stance and striking style resembled south east asian standup striking style.

giphy.gif

KO of the year candidate.

In truth Nsang would get destroyed in the UFC and there are few guys on the roster he could beat. He's winning at life right now by being a big fish in a small pond. There are plenty of guys on the ONE roster who could have UFC success though in their smaller weight classes.
I love Aung La N Sang, crowd pleasing style of fighting. Id love for gim to grab that 3rd title against Vera.

Ken hasegawa is half Japanese and half morrocan.

Burmese people's biggest enemies are Muslims and Japanese. (We never get to hear this often because they're not loud like chinese) Ang killed 2 birds for his people in Tokyo. It meant a lot for his team.

My bad. I didn't know Ang's team mate is posting on sherdog.

First off, Ang?

Ken hasegawa is half Japanese and half morrocan.

Burmese people's biggest enemies are Muslims and Japanese. (We never get to hear this often because they're not loud like chinese) Ang killed 2 birds for his people in Tokyo. It meant a lot for his team.

And this to come after implying that I'm overreaching when talking about Aung La Nsang? I didn't know barma's ambassador is posting on Sherdog.

I'm no expert, but I've lived in Myanmar for 14 years, know people who have trained with him here, and others who went to high school with him before he moved to the States. I don't want to be loud like the chinese but you don't know what you're talking about.

Back