Audi drops remaining manuals in their lineup

Pretty sure that has never been their slogan. Maybe you are thinking of BMW?
1*tzErzsAIJoiAMaoN48ZcUw.jpeg

abe05fe0bbd9ec5ac157ce5f1e822572.jpg

Subaru is getting rid of all manuals except for the WRX. Won't be long before they ax that too.....
Self driving cars for everyone will be the next step......

I heard a statistic the other day that only 17% of the American population knows how to drive a manual.

Awesome. I’m left handed and I know how to drive stick. So I’m in the 98th percentile in that regard.

I've only been driving for a year and a half, and I picked manual because of price, plus I wanted to make driving manual second nature.

I will be switching to automatic in a few years though, because I don't like doing busy roundabouts as it is, but especially on steep inclines where I can roll back.

I'm also waiting on electric cars to get better...and cheaper...

There is a reason F-1 hasn't used manual clutches and switched to paddle shifting 20+yrs ago.

Left foot vs right foot braking doesn't have anything to do with coming to a complete stop.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-foot_braking

Yes people use left foot braking even with clutch operated manuals. Watch hardcore sim racing on YouTube where they have pedal cams. Plenty of left foot braking even when driving manuals. When you need both (down shifting) you heel toe.

It doesn't help your case that the photo example is a woman driver.

Using your clutch foot to break is not a good idea. What happens when you instinctively slam your breaks on with your clutch foot? It might be ok in video games, but for real world driving its daft as fuck.

And here, where most people drive manuals, "heel toe" is not considered an advanced driving technique. You learn it day 1 on your driving lessons.

If we're hanging onto old outdated stuff, we may as well bring the 3 on the tree back.

It’s a kind of evolution, manual cars, whilst offer complete control and skill, automatic cars are, for the driver a comfort, another thing to not worry about and can focus on the task at hand, driving.

And I personally feel that is BULLSHIT, I want to drive a vehicle that I control, a vehicle I understand and can self repair (to a certain extent), I have driven in many countries over the years (currently in Japan) and out of the European countries and the states the offering of manual cars were abundant but then I went to China, holy pancakes, aside from taxis and delivery trucks, almost EVERY family/business car is automatic, not to mention having a driver assigned to me, WTF, I want to drive the Benz I’ve been given only to realize it’s an automatic.

Maybe due to the hellish traffic or the laziness I don’t know but I do know the buying power of the Chinese and when they purchase cars they want automatics, thankfully here in Japan they take car culture more seriously.

/rant

if everything goes automatic it means there is one less thing to think about while driving, so what are the excuses gonna be for women accidents now then?

I'm a dinosaur currently trying to find a new car that is manual that I like. Very difficult.

I can't stand automatics or floppy paddles

I developed it by have one one foot on clutch and one on the gas when driving my old down stick shift. So it became a habit id look for it, strange as it sounds, Id catch myself putting my left foot on the break for some reason took me a while but I broke.

I dont know if they are teaching it I just remember hearing it on the radio a few years back they were suggesting to start teaching people to drive with two feet.

here is an article about it from 2015
Why some experts think driving with two feet could be safer than one
https://www.vox.com/2015/7/1/8877583/two-foot-driving-pedal-error

Left foot braking is an advanced technique for racing. Its used for automatic cars though not manuals.

Its inevitable manuals have been decreasing for many years.

Automatic driver checking in. Manual's are for nerds and people that can't afford an auto.

There's NOTHING fun about driving a non-automatic car.

Ive never owned a auto anddd Ive been driving a long time.

The wifes next car will be an auto.

Im getting getting where I dont want to replace clutchs and I do all my own work.

I drive my automatics way more than the manual cars. If I had to go with only 1, I would take auto.

Maybe due to the hellish traffic or the laziness I don’t know but I do know the buying power of the Chinese and when they purchase cars they want automatics, thankfully here in Japan they take car culture more seriously.

That's because the Japanese have had car culture since shortly after the war. In China, cars didn't really get popular until maybe ten of fifteen years ago, when automatics were already dominant.

Don't know why some Americans are so fetishitic about manual transmissions. Modern ones may as well be automatic anyway with all gears synchro'ed, easy clutches, auto-rev matching and hill holder brakes.

Back