ATTN: UFC Owners. Wanna Bring Back Fan Interest? Bring Back Tourneys

WME would do well to forget about casuals and try expanding the hardcore fanbase because casuals don't bring in any money.

Considering that the TS was referring to a format that would please hardcore fans, I thought I would stick on topic to give it a bit more context.

Lol casuals dont brinf in any money.

Yup instead they should focus on the 125k hardcores because thats there *all* the money is.

Ya dun goofed boy

Doesn’t work.

Far better to concentrate on building contenders and making champions face a meat grinder of the best guys out there.

That meritocracy is what the sport is built upon, that is what gives it integrity, that is why it is different from boxing - and that is what has become endangered in the WME era.

F* Dat - a Tourney all in one night , no weight classes, no roid checks. Throw in Conor, The Mountain, Mighty Mouse, Brock, Jones, Rhonda, Hughes, Frye, Alistair's Brother. Renzo wins again. Id pay straight up $200 for that event.

Last edited:
<DisgustingHHH>
You disappointed me. I gave you every chance to redeem yourself.

How could you miss something that I wrote in the very first sentence?

See, you believe you are being smart by thinking that "USADA" is the thing I am missing but in fact you are just blind and arrogant (which is why you keep using pics and gifs) to try to dismiss people.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/17108509/usada-informs-ufc-second-failed-brock-lesnar-drug-test

See, the fact that Brock Lesnar is allowed to keep fighting after continually being caught taking roids proves that the UFC using USADA is nothing more than a publicity stunt to act legit.

Please, post yet again without actually defending your idiotic post.

In another thread the TS wondered what would become of the titles if DC retired with both HW and LHW belts. No better time than to have the first UFC Grand Prixs, imo. We all know TUF is the UFC's self proclaimed "toughest tournament in sports." But is it really? Who here wouldn't tune into a tourney featuring the 8 best available at each weight class with the winner becoming the division champ? Make it the 12 best available and have two alternate bouts.

But, the divisions aren't very deep right now, right? What a perfect way to create some stars and some drama, both of which the current owners are looking for, in spades.

The UFC needs to shake some things up. The product is stale af at the moment. Sometimes, the best thing to do to look towards the future is to look to the past. Not only would a lot of us hardcores not mind seeing this happen, most people in general love tourneys, and they may be able to gain back some older fans familiar with the format who fell off.

Who's with me? They claim to put on the fights the fans wanna see, maybe if we show interest they will bend to our will?

latest
Are you thinking of a single night Grand Prix like pride or tourneys that last over the course of a few months?

Stupid thread/it ain’t happening. Guys can hardly make it to one fight a year and you expect them to fight 3-4 times in a short amount of time. I don’t want to see prime fighters like Rampage get demolished because they are always fighting injured in pointless tournaments.

See, you believe you are being smart by thinking that "USADA" is the thing I am missing but in fact you are just blind and arrogant (which is why you keep using pics and gifs) to try to dismiss people.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/17108509/usada-informs-ufc-second-failed-brock-lesnar-drug-test

See, the fact that Brock Lesnar is allowed to keep fighting after continually being caught taking roids proves that the UFC using USADA is nothing more than a publicity stunt to act legit.

Please, post yet again without actually defending your idiotic post.

One instance doesn't completely invalidate the legitimacy of an organization which has been catching countless number of cheaters.

So you give Brock as an example. But, what about 50+ fighters who got caught by USADA? Should we disregard this based on their single fuck up?
https://www.usada.org/testing/results/sanctions/

Regulation with little flaws is still better than no regulation.
<Y2JSmirk>
So far, you have done nothing but cementing yourself as a clueless dummy.

Last edited:
I disagree. A late replacement coming in and winning fights is still exciting and generates interest as a dark horse.

Does it? Most thought DC winning the SF tournament as a replacement ruined it

Perfect. There is the tournament final this weekend, that I will be at in Moscow: Gassiev vs Usyk. God, I am so excited and hyped for it.

One instance doesn't completely invalidate the legitimacy of an organization which has been catching countless number of cheaters.

So you give Brock as an example. But, what about 50+ fighters who got caught by USADA? Should we disregard this based on their single fuck up?
https://www.usada.org/testing/results/sanctions/

Regulation with little flaws is still better than no regulation.
<Y2JSmirk>
So far, you have done nothing but cementing yourself as a clueless dummy.

This coming from the person whose comment was completely dismantled and proven wrong. You have nothing to back up what you said.

I have proven USADA drug testing means nothing to White as he went so far as to almost destroy Mark Hunts career to keep Lesnar on and proved you 100% wrong in that other promotions hold tournaments and remain in business and do better by them.

You got nothing outside of continually posting WWE photo's and gifs. Not that I expect much more from someone that is clearly a WWE fan.

"place any smartass image here in hopes it makes me look good and you bad"...anything to try to earn points since I need all the help I can get.

n
He's possibly the furthest thing from being a worthy challenger. He'll probably bring in the most money that's why they're setting up this fight, but it completely shits on the fighters themselves who have still been here busting their asses while Brock has been in WWE sitting out a suspension.
no argument here. but brock is of course an anomaly, always has been.

of course, the hw division isn't exactly loaded with worthy challengers. again, almost all title fights go to worthy challengers, and the very few exceptions get all the attention. but it is rare.

This coming from the person whose comment was completely dismantled and proven wrong. You have nothing to back up what you said.

I have proven USADA drug testing means nothing to White as he went so far as to almost destroy Mark Hunts career to keep Lesnar on and proved you 100% wrong in that other promotions hold tournaments and remain in business and do better by them.

You got nothing outside of continually posting WWE photo's and gifs. Not that I expect much more from someone that is clearly a WWE fan.

"place any smartass image here in hopes it makes me look good and you bad"...anything to try to earn points since I need all the help I can get.

You showed me an article in regards to the allegation Involving Brock's antidoping violation. You proved nothing.

I already backed what I said. USADA and UFC together caught more cheaters than any other combat organizations and this is proven by the comprehensive list of athletes who were suspended by USADA on their website.
{<jordan}
How come USADA drug testing means nothing if they are actively catching drug users as we speak, you retard lol

Brain motherfucker, do you have it??

The problem with the tourney format is it would be very difficult to get them sanctioned by athletic commissions. Fighters would likely be pulled from tourneys right and left if they sustained any damage in a fight.

Uhh... they decided the 125lb #1 contender with a tournament

Just crowned a 125lb women's champ with a tournament.

Nobody gave a shit. OP disproven.

If they really wanted to be crazy and get interest going, they'd do an open weight tournament like Bellator, but have huge cash/prizes attached. 16 fighters. Online brackets. Strict schedule with fights exactly 3 months apart starting in January and ending New Years Eve. Maybe a little variation in the rules so guys have an easier time making it to the end.

Brain motherfucker, do you have it??

Your inability to post without a photo to try to demean someone says a lot about your lack of ability to form an actual argument to do it for you.

1. I proved USADA testing means nothing as even a single person getting away with it makes your original point INVALID not to metion the simple FACT that a fighter does not HAVE TO roid up to fight a fucking tournament...IDIOT.
2. I proved other promotions still hold tournaments proving your original point INVALID.
3. I proved promotions doing them are not going out of business proving your original point INVALID.

All you can do is post pics/gifs and act as if the person bitch slapping you isnt saying anything.

Congrats, you represent the pond scum growing on the floors of Sherdog and are basically nothing more than a thing to use to increase post count.

They should just merge with the WWE and get it over with. UFC hasnt been a legit sport in years and that is why they brought Lesnar back.

Roided up freaks with little skill that can bring in the mouth-breather PPV buys over actually trying to earn those buys with legit contenders.

Actually, that word there, contender...that is the reason for the UFCs downfall. Its not about putting on a great card, its about only using fights were someone can move up the boxing style rankings for a title shot. I would pay to see Mark Hunt fight for the title over most of the guys in the HWY division because I KNOW the man will fight his heart out and put on a good show, in fact, I would rather watch Hunt lose 6 x in a row than most of the other guys win 6 in a row man hugging and hoping the judges will say he won...but the UFC isnt about that anymore. Its all about the rankings.

This post is so rife with contradictions and inaccuracies, I don't even want to begin...

Your inability to post without a photo to try to demean someone says a lot about your lack of ability to form an actual argument to do it for you.

1. I proved USADA testing means nothing as even a single person getting away with it makes your original point INVALID not to metion the simple FACT that a fighter does not HAVE TO roid up to fight a fucking tournament...IDIOT.
2. I proved other promotions still hold tournaments proving your original point INVALID.
3. I proved promotions doing them are not going out of business proving your original point INVALID.

All you can do is post pics/gifs and act as if the person bitch slapping you isnt saying anything.

Congrats, you represent the pond scum growing on the floors of Sherdog and are basically nothing more than a thing to use to increase post count.

1, single person getting away doesn't invalidate the legitimacy of the USADA as every organizations makes mistake one way or another and there is about 50+ instances where USADA drug testing was proven to be effective.
The article you provided is an allegation which completely disregarded the side of USADA. You proved nothing.
Fighters can fight in the tournament without taking steroid, but they will be more prone to injury without it, and thus tournament itself wouldn't be sustainable. This was my argument you illiterate retard lol

2 , Other promotions holding tournament is irrelevant as they don't even have a strict drug testing in place.

3, I don't even know what you are trying to say here lol Maybe you should try putting together a coherent sentence first.

Conclusion

tenor.gif

Back