Attn fantasy readers: What do you think of Brandon Sanderson?

Good taste.

Have you read Patrick Rothfuss' Kvothe trilogy? If not, you must. Best I have read George R Martin
really? cause I'm nearly at the end of book 2 and fuck all has really happened since his family got the big chop at the start of book 1. its boring.

and don't get me started on the wheel of time series. up to book 6,brilliant, after that don't bother till sanderson starts weighting them,cause they add next to fuck all to the story.

At some point I'll probably pick up the first book and see how it goes.

I wish they weren't so fucking long though. For me, 400 or 500 pages is about right, since I'm a slow reader.

That's my biggest problem with the Storm light books . . . too many fucking pages for a story I'm only kinda interested in!
This might sound stupid, but I suggest reading the glossary of book 1 first.

It gives names and descriptions of people, events and historical significance.

Usually people think "no spoilers", but in this case, it helps you to understand the world a bit so you understand character mindsets.

Just finished Mistborn 2 and the end makes me want to try and speed through book 3 before Oathbringer gets released. I can't believe Mistborn is tugging at my everything the way it is.

Just because you were late to the party of GOT doesn't mean you cant pick it up. Its amazing

I wasn't born when the art of war was written but that didn't stop me from reading it no matter how late I was

Just because you were late to the party of GOT doesn't mean you cant pick it up. Its amazing

I wasn't born when the art of war was written but that didn't stop me from reading it no matter how late I was
Books 1, 2 and 3 were excellent. 3 is the only one I would call amazing.

Books 4 and 5 were tremendous disappointments in quality dropoff. Still good, but no longer great

and don't get me started on the wheel of time series. up to book 6,brilliant, after that don't bother till sanderson starts weighting them,cause they add next to fuck all to the story.
I am utterly surprised you did not like book 7.
7 was better than 5 and 6 in many ways.

8 was where I noticed a dropoff in quality. 9 was better than 8 by a large margin but still below everything before. 10 was the worst book ever. Skip 10 straight to 11 and you miss nothing.

Books 1, 2 and 3 were excellent. 3 is the only one I would call amazing.

Books 4 and 5 were tremendous disappointments in quality dropoff. Still good, but no longer great

I disagree about 5. 5 was amazing to me but 4 had alot to do with non main characters and i really didnt give a fuck what they were going through. I think that was the problem with that book

I disagree about 5. 5 was amazing to me but 4 had alot to do with non main characters and i really didnt give a fuck what they were going through. I think that was the problem with that book
I loved the Jaime chapters in 4. He remains the single funniest POV to read because he is actually as sarcastic in his thoughts as he is in speaking.

Book 5 I found underwhelming just as much as 4. Tons of filler chapters for the sake of filler chapters.

Unfortunately, 3 was pretty much the peak unless Martin changes something.

So amazon fucked the shipping up and I didn't get the book today. Canceling my prime membership. Third time this has happened in a month.

I had 5 solid hours of reading planned for today godammit.

Back