Attacks from Top of Turtle

Lucky4You

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Ive been working on hitting the Bow and arrow from Top Turtle, anyone have any tips or favourite attacks when someone pulls turtle?

Im a white belt and lots of other white belts love to pull turtle because its a generally safe position against other white belts. Ive been working on a solid attack for it.

Liking bow and arrow currently

Spiral ride to hammerlock or kimura or 3/4 Nelson to darce

Cross body ride to catch-style kimura/arm in guillotine or roll/pull to banana split / calf slicer / twister / back take.

Spiral ride to chickenwing (where you use your arm or head to keep them from rolling and do a kimura motion), switch to seatbelt if they defend and back take from there or take side control worst case if they deny seatbelt

If in front, I’m hunting the front chancery (cement mixer grip, I think it’s called?), and using that to control and also hunting the high elbow guillotine or secure the turnover into kimura series.

I never try to put both hooks in while someone is in a proper turtle, they have too many counters versus being broken down or on their side.

roger-huerta-soccer-kick.gif

i never try to finish, always get hooks in first.

i'm on their right side, i get the seatbelt grip, i slide my right knee between their knee and elbow, turning towards their feet. my left foot goes between their feet, and i use it to pull their right ankle to the outside, twisting their knee. they now have a choice, either their knee gets blown out or they fall to the side. when they do fall to their right, my right leg is already positioned to get an easy hook.

works like a charm against all shapes and sizes. i think i saw rafa show it somewhere, but i can't find any videos right now.

oh man I wish I could like GZA's post 12 times

hooks + seatbelt
bow and arrow
suicide/rodeo choke
kimura's 'bitch gimmie dat' teabag kimura
tornado choke
clock choke
truck
rodeo turnover
all of the wrestling cradles
triangle from like three directions
darce
rolling darce
rolling anaconda
literally just pull them over
literally just push them over
neil adams/honda housey rollover armbar
brabo dump into brabo or darce
google 'judo turnover' and do all the things

OlXvX39.gif

edit: i'll gif all this shit later

Last edited:
The truck mf'ers! Pull the truck and the world is yours!

Back