ATT fighters react to teammate Colby Covington’s controversial post-fight remarks

Talk shit get hit

Everybody knows who Colby is now BOI

#thatsthefightgame
#savagesnotsaints

Will Brooks is now basically a confirmed member of the Social Justice Brigade (ie. Naive, misinformed, overly sensitive to everything, consumed by the notion of ubiquitous racism).

If he did make a remark about Brazil hopefully the
folks at American Top Team tell him to get lost do
to the fact most of the camp is Brazilian fighters.

Im sure i saw colbys GF in an embedded video, she was Brazilian and hot AF.
Was that the one where Colby and Jorge tried to wine and dine those Brazilian hotties at their dump apartment? Nah...if I recall correctly, the ladies chose to pass on both of them.

I don't understand why a certain group of people refuse to understand what the term triggered actually means. It's not simply having a response to a situation.

And like I said, the real reason why his words have impact is that deep-down, people know the spirit of his words is basically correct. It gives a strong eye-poke to the (usually leftist) narrative of equality.
Brazil is in fact populated by humans, not animals.

His words have an impact because they offend.

If I call you a sack of shit and you get mad, it's not because you are a sack of shit (which is technically true).

Curious argument. As if Colby possesses some secret knowledge - lmao.

Brazil is in fact populated by humans, not animals.

His words have an impact because they offend.

And they offend *in such a particular way* because there is a kernel of truth to the central claim.

Otherwise, it would be easy to laugh off or otherwise ignore.

But it sticks in peoples' craws precisely because it touches on truth (albeit through self-promotion and generalization).

If someone called me a "piece of shit", I'd roll my eyes because I know the claim has precisely zero truth value.

However, if someone called me fat (I've put on about 20 pounds over the last few months), I'd have a more severe reaction because there is an element of truth to it, even if I'm in respectable shape (especially compared to most people here).

And they offend *in such a particular way* because there is a kernel of truth to the central claim.

But it sticks in peoples' craws precisely because it touches on truth (albeit through self-promotion and generalization).

If someone called me a "piece of shit", I'd roll my eyes because I know the claim has precisely zero truth value.

However, if someone called me fat (I've put on about 20 pounds over the last few months), I'd have a more severe reaction because there is an element of truth to it, even if I'm in respectable shape (especially compared to most people here).
Hilarious.

Could you walk me through the application of this theory in a more domestic context?

Let's start with the NFL anthem protests over police brutality.

What kernel of truth?

Hilarious.

Could you walk me through the application of this theory in a more domestic context?

Sure.

See any "Americans are ignorant, Americans are fat, Americans are gun-loving maniacs" styled-rhetoric that you see all the time from foreigners or even segments of the native population.

Each chunk has a kernel of truth to it, but is generalized, and touches on something offensive (no one wants to be dumb, fat, or uncivilized). That's why you'll frequently see a bunch of heat and energy around those topics in political discussions, especially online.

Like I said, if his comment were completely removed from reality, no one would really care and they certainly wouldn't generate as much heat. Imagine if a foreign fighter called America "a country full of technologically backwards apes"...no one would give a shit because the claim would be completely detached from reality.

Colby to Jacks WInk then

Sure.

See any "Americans are ignorant, Americans are fat, Americans are gun-loving maniacs" styled-rhetoric that you see all the time from foreigners or even segments of the native population.

Each chunk has a kernel of truth to it, but is generalized, and touches on something offensive (no one wants to be dumb, fat, or uncivilized). That's why you'll frequently see a bunch of heat and energy around those topics in political discussions, especially online.

Like I said, if his comment were completely removed from reality, no one would really care and they certainly wouldn't generate as much heat. Imagine if a foreign fighter called America "a country full of technologically backwards apes"...no one would give a shit because the claim would be completely detached from reality.
That doesn't address the issue I proposed.

At any rate, Brazil is not offended because it believes, on some level, that its citizens are in fact animals. Brazil is offended because its sense of national identity was shat upon. People have abstract values. Duh.

Lol Americans would shit their pants if those roles were reversed.

Who the fuck are you people kidding. Americans can't even handle players kneeling during an anthem when half the crowd is piss ass wasted
Chael hates new york and calls it a dump but americans don't do anything. Not even send out a tweet.

While I guess that is better than nothing what I am talking about is going to him after the bell, sportsmanship, thanking him for taking a fight Maia certainly didn’t have too. Maybe even acknowledging him on the mic before calling the crowd filthy animals.

I don’t see how cursing out Brazil gets him Woodley either, but that’s a different thread.
Behind closed doors Maia and Colby showed respect so all that doesn't matter.

I absolutely love Colby now. He trolled his own team.

Back