ATT fighters react to teammate Colby Covington’s controversial post-fight remarks

Ok, I see now. Yeah, not really mad at him saying that after reading that. Just all pissed off guy about a bunch of bitch ass Brazilians that take this nationalism shit way too far. Fuck em for that.

Could've just stayed quiet about it, but we're not in his shoes, so it's whatever. Soemone throws drinks, and says shit like that toez best believe I'm gonna say something about it too. Maybe not call the entire country of Brazil a dump, and call them filthy animals, but his anger is understandable.
He called Brazil a dump over and over again 5 days before the fight on Ariel's show. His victim role doesn't check out. Not that I give a shit either way. That was a funny apology letter.

Behind closed doors Maia and Colby showed respect so all that doesn't matter.

Again, better than nothing, but it does matter. Part of the reason you do it in public is to honor the other person in front of others. Basically he is not only bad at whatever it is he thinks he is doing, but he is a phoney too.

can you imagine if someone like khabib turned heel and said that america's democracy is a joke, its people are fat and lazy, and the people there are only religious because they are stupid? he could say that 911 arose directly from their evil foreign policies and that america has only its own elected officials to blame for the death of its civilians.

CAN YOU IMAGINE

Picture him turning heel at Madison square garden and the reaction it would get

Brazilian crowds always disrespect foreign fighters, where are all the Brazilian fighters with their outrage then? I remember seeing some fucking dude from somewhere like Bulgaria on one of the first Brazilian UFC shows and they were booing him mercilessly and everyone was laughing about it. I mean the dude was Eastern European of some description, how the fuck could they have anything against him? Yet they still acted like disrespectful assholes.

You want to talk about racism, how about all the racist assholes shouting 'you've got a little dick' at Okami when he rematched Anderson? That was all hilarious as well to all the Brazilians too. They are ridiculously hypocritical when it comes to this shit, people need to stop giving their whining the time of day.

You know the continent is called America, right biatch? And ATT is major made by Brazilians?
The continent is called NORTH America. Brazil is in SOUTH America, which is a separate continent.

Lol Americans would shit their pants if those roles were reversed.

Who the fuck are you people kidding. Americans can't even handle players kneeling during an anthem when half the crowd is piss ass wasted
Riots on the streets and the beginning of a second civil war just because someone said pussy!

He called Brazil a dump over and over again 5 days before the fight on Ariel's show. His victim role doesn't check out. Not that I give a shit either way. That was a funny apology letter.
The Brazilians were saying shit to Colby when he first fought there in 2014 for the UFC. That pre dates his Ariel interview

The Brazilians were saying shit to Colby when he first fought there in 2014 for the UFC. That pre dates his Ariel interview
So what? He took the you will die thing personally or what? He was nobody in 2014. How would the Brazilians even recognize him unless he did or said something.

Leave it to Sherdog to keep fucking up something as basic as this. To the people saying "DURP Brazil is a nation and not a race so the comment isn't racist!" :

Yes Brazil is a country comprising of many different lineages and are not one distinct race of people. However, calling everyone in that country filthy animals can be seen as racist because he is saying that all of those people (Brazilian society is made up of a confluence of people of several different origins, from the original Native Brazilians, with the influx of Portuguese colonizers, Black African, and European, Arab, and Japanese immigration) are dirty subhumans.

Describing people from different racial orgins than you as animals (and yes Convington doesn't see Portugese descent Brazilians as being part of his race) is classic racist rhetoric going all the way back to Herbert Spencer and the pseudo scientific racial heirarchy of the 19th century.

If you don't understand this point mabe you should take an anthropology class.

Last edited:
So what? He took the you will die thing personally or what? He was nobody in 2014. How would the Brazilians even recognize him unless he did or said something.
You were saying his victim role doesnt Check out because he was saying the shit to Ariel 5 days before his fight.

I was stating that it does check out cause this shit started happening years ago. That is all

You were saying his victim role doesnt Check out because he was saying the shit to Ariel 5 days before his fight.

I was stating that it does check out cause this shit started happening years ago. That is all
Colby wishes BrazilIan's knew who he was in 2014.

And they offend *in such a particular way* because there is a kernel of truth to the central claim.

Otherwise, it would be easy to laugh off or otherwise ignore.

But it sticks in peoples' craws precisely because it touches on truth (albeit through self-promotion and generalization).

If someone called me a "piece of shit", I'd roll my eyes because I know the claim has precisely zero truth value.

However, if someone called me fat (I've put on about 20 pounds over the last few months), I'd have a more severe reaction because there is an element of truth to it, even if I'm in respectable shape (especially compared to most people here).
Lmao
This is absolutely horseshit logic
No, that is not how people work
If someone called me a "lazy n word" , I wouldn't laugh it off. Just because that statement holds zero validity, that doesn't mean I should laugh it off. The person's intent was to insult me. I am reacting to his intent, not only his specific words.

A person calling attention to you being fat will sting more, but that doesn't mean that if you also got mad at an additional untrue statement that there is validity to it. Lol that's fucking absurd

another whiny trumper loser

The US census counts all spanish and portuguese speakers as one race.... So there's that.

Um no. There are two seperate questions on the Census form:

1. What is your race? (White, Black, Asian, Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Native American, Other, Two or More)
2. Are you Hispanic or Latino (Y/N?)

You can be any race and be Hispanic according to U.S. Census, as Hispanic is considered an ethnicity and not a race by the Census Bureau.
Source: I work with Census data as a large part of my job.

Back