At what point does Woodley enter WW goat contention?

I saw someone else claimin´ Hughes was P4P No1 at that time, he even sent me a ridiculous Internet P4P list (including Ricardo Almeida & França Nogueira, among others...)...

Sorry, I dont see it.

I dont recall anyone, any MMA commentators, be it in Pride, IVC, WVC etc... backing it at that time.
??

i know hes still a bit off from beating GSP and Hughes, but lets look at some of his wins.

Carlos Condit
Stephen Thompson
Demian Maia
Kelvin Gastelum
Robbie Lawler
He's also a bit off from beating Jake Shields off.

But I think he would need to be champ for multiple more years to come close to GSP. Some more convincing wins, unlike the Wonderboy fights, might help his case as well.

GSP is too scared to fight him, that puts him above GSP in my book.

i know hes still a bit off from beating GSP and Hughes, but lets look at some of his wins.

Carlos Condit
Stephen Thompson
Demian Maia
Kelvin Gastelum
Robbie Lawler

If he brings screenchots of Colbys sister sliding into his DM to the press conference he is GOAT to me

GSP is the overall goat, so h'll never ever pass him

He is not in discussion at all, don't think he ever will be.

GS is solid GOAT for next 10 years at least.

He'd have to defend as many times as GSP since GSP faced a lot of ATG WW's in their prime. So Woodley doesn't have the "newer, tougher competition as the div is stronger" thing going on, like some champs do. Wonderboy or Colby don't have a win over Hughes, Hendo or Condit like Alves and Shields did.

And then there's Hughes' run to beat first, who stopped GSP, Penn, Sakurai, Newton and Trigg.

Even on the title defenses front Hughes beats Woodley because he had 2 title reigns of 2 and 5 defenses for a total 7 defenses over his career at WW.

Don't you assume like I am that people are considering to far fetched to indulge the TS in his hypothetical?

Ok....he needs 10 title defended to best GSP....forget the others stats blah blah blah....I'll take that as confirmation he is welterweight GOAT...ten title defenses

Even if Tyron gets to 10, which he won't, we have to factor in that Georges won the WW title, then defended 9 times, then beat Bisping in a title fight, meaning GSP has currently won 11 consecutive title fights. So f Woodley has 10 title defenses, that means he won 11 consecutive title fights which would tie GSP. The problem is, GSP wins all the tie breakers. GSP has no Draws on his record, Tyron has 1. GSP is 26-2 and avenged both losses. Tyron would be 25-3 and he will never avenge his losses. It would go on and on, Georges wins all the tie breakers.

First of all, it will be hard to pass two guys that were ranked top 1-3 p4p for a very long time. Woodley is good, but when Hughes was at his best, he wasn’t only considered the best WW in the world, but the single best fighter of all weightclasses. Gsp was also considered top 3 p4p.

Second, Tyron only has 3-4 title defences.

Tyron only has 3 and 1 of them was a Draw where he just retained the belt.

It's funny because if GSP accepted a fight with him, Woodley could be goat ww this year after he won.

But by denying tyron this opportunity gsp fans can continue to mma math Woodley out of goat discussions, at least until a few more title defences.

The fact that gsp ducks Woodley who is only 1 year younger and coming off surgeries his own has to be something positive for tyron imo.

Beating an old tired double knee surgery GSP doesn't make Tyron the GOAT. Just compare the two's resume.

GSP - Currently won 11 consecutive title fights.
Tyron - 4 title fights and 1 of them was a Draw.

Lol @ Tyreese Borely ever in that discussion

When he puts on a performance like he did against Lawler. GOAT isn't just about winning. That's why Tim Duncan rarely gets mentioned as a GOAT contender despite his stats. Part of it is HOW you win. Tentative fights make for boring fights. Everyone remembers Anderson's highlights but forgets his snoozers. But he has enough highlights to make him a GOAT contender. Even GSP has highlights. T Wood needs to step up his flash appeal.

He already surpass Hughes, I don’t know why people think he’s not the second greatest welterweight

Most people have Hughes in their Top 10 all time fighters, Woodley, not so much. I would say you are wrong if you think Woodley has surpassed Country Breakfast.

Back