At what point does one let one's hairline go?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see some "struggle hairlines" all the time. I think a bit receding is no big deal, happens to the best of us, but at some point it ends up in the middle of your hair, or making a Vegeta-level widow's peak.

9721458_web1_ufc-214-weigh-ins_072817ev_001.jpg

Daniel Cormier PROUDLY holds on to the few strands he has left.

stephen-a-smith-2015-1.jpg

Stephen A Smith's hair grows fairly evenly, but starts in the middle of his forehead.

maurice-white-1986-LA-portrait-billboard-650.jpg

The legendary Maurice White (R.I.P.) amazingly was somehow balding and had an afro!

At least Steve from Blue's Clues recognized he was balding, said "F this!" quit the show, and shaved his head off respectfully.

3EF15E2500000578-0-image-a-38_1491336919280.jpg

Must be tough to suffer from hair loss, if you live in the US, where socioeconomic standing is 100% linked with the niceness of your hair.

Actually, that's not fair. Teeth straightness is also important in determining your wealth and social standing.

Whenever the hair on the top of your head has receded pretty far back, it's time to just shave it all in my opinion. Either that or get hair transplant surgery if you look terrible without hair...

I dont know man shaving it kinda send out signal about being insecure.

When i see jason statham or tony ferguson, thats more a boss move imo.

Never dealt with it so not sure. I was always on the 'shave and move on' level from the get go. My hair started thinning around 22 and I figured I'd be bald or baldish by 25. I'm now 30 and my hair has stayed strong since the initial thinning so now I have no idea.

I did shave my head at 22 for a while expecting to stick with it. Grew it out for a bit and was like "wtf, i still got hair?"

As soon as you start consuming round-up in your food. Buh bye hair. It doesn't take long to set in either once you are past 26 years old.

Depends on what you've got going for you, other than your hairline. If you're an intellectual, i.e.,your hairline means shit.

Insecure?

latest

And if Jason Statham wasn't already a guy with rugged looks it wouldn't look that great. It'd look bad on an average to below average looking guy.

It depends on if you can pull it off.

Statham and Bruce Willis are seen as more of a badass type, so they can get away with it.

But if someone like Tom Welling or Ashton Kutcher started balding, they'd be in trouble.

My hair is where my power comes from. Chicks love the salt and pepper. If it receded, my power may go with it. I wouldn’t look good bald.

LaBron will be GOAT...

Top 3 right now.

Every dude I know who should've shaved their head long before they did felt they should've done it long before they did.
They were just afraid they wouldn't look good bald.

Granted that one looks unfortunately like Charlie Brown.

My hairline is going back. Getting worse as time goes by.

I can pull off the bald look (tried it actually) but that's a last resort move for me. I don't have very thick hair, but they are enough to look ok and to be a pain in the ass to shave them off.
For now minoxidil helped me regrow some and keeps other hair from falling off.
I think if you start to look like Cheech Marin you should shave it.
So either Shiseido 2020 alopecia cure or ssBaldy becoming a baldy some years later lol

I see some "struggle hairlines" all the time. I think a bit receding is no big deal, happens to the best of us, but at some point it ends up in the middle of your hair, or making a Vegeta-level widow's peak.

Stephen A Smith's hair grows fairly evenly, but starts in the middle of his forehead.

The legendary Maurice White (R.I.P.) amazingly was somehow balding and had an afro!

At least Steve from Blue's Clues recognized he was balding, said "F this!" quit the show, and shaved his head off respectfully.

I think holding onto a receding hairline - unless you are a handsome motherfucker with a head shape that can handle high hairline - is pathetic. Be a fucking man and shave that shit bald.

Meh, my dad was balding and just kept whatever hair he had trimmed but not shaved. Shaved looked weird, but the balding look worked for him.

Depends on the person.

I prefer to think of him as Steve from the Flaming Lips.

Here is my favorite Flaming Lips song:

Back