At what point do you consider someone rich?

I would say if they have millions of dollars and don't have to work for a living.

200k or just a bit more a year is nice, but it's not rich.

If that's not rich - what is it? Middle class?

That's rich. bro.

If you owned property (like a house and so on) and pay all that comes with it, plus other expenses -you'd see that it's not rich at all. Not even close. You still have to go to work every day to keep up on everything. Unless you live some bullcrap minimalist lifestyle which isn't reasonable to ask everyone making that money to do. You want those people turning around and spending that money, making purchases and so on to help keep the economy rolling along.

7 figure salary or more a year is about there. But 6 figure isn't.

not everyone trying to buy a mercedes and live in a mansion bro. For some of us, 6 figures would be plenty to easily maintain everything and save.

not everyone trying to buy a mercedes and live in a mansion bro. For some of us, 6 figures would be plenty to easily maintain everything and save.

Being able to maintain and save does not equal rich. Rich does not need to 'save' or 'maintain'

When someone has fuck you money. That depends on your lifestyle but you are there when you can say "fuck you" to anyone wanting you to do something you don't want to do.

If you owned property (like a house and so on) and pay all that comes with it, plus other expenses -you'd see that it's not rich at all. Not even close. You still have to go to work every day to keep up on everything. Unless you live some bullcrap minimalist lifestyle which isn't reasonable to ask everyone making that money to do. You want those people turning around and spending that money, making purchases and so on to help keep the economy rolling along.

7 figure salary or more a year is about there. But 6 figure isn't.

You're right on the properties thing. Just the cost of the obligations is a fucking headache (take it from someone who had 3 places, no debt).

Minimalist bullcrap existence is the way to go. I can't wait to get rid of my cars, my last house, and move to a 600sqft condo + a storage locker for sports equipment.

IMO it's a grey area but I guess for me;

2-3 houses paid off
A weekend car like a Nissan GTR
No need to work because rent from houses

Being able to maintain and save does not equal rich. Rich does not need to 'save' or 'maintain'

To me, being rich is living beyond comfortably - 200k would do that for me.

I guess you are saying you're not rich unless you don't have to work. I feel you I just disagree to an extent.

One of the greatest feelings i've ever had is the ability to look at stuff and say, "I can afford that but I'll pass". It's not just the "I can afford it part" it's the feeling of saying "fuck it, I don't need it".

As for rich, no amount of money I've had rivals the felling of wealth in experiences that I've had. More than half of those experiences were obtained while I was damn near broke. I've always felt like a rich man.

That depends on where you live. If you have $2 million in the Canadian Atlantic provinces, you're making it rain. For the same $2 million, you can barely afford a detached house in Vancouver.

If you absolutely need a definitive cut off line, then my answer is $10 million.

You're right on the properties thing. Just the cost of the obligations is a fucking headache (take it from someone who had 3 places, no debt).

Minimalist bullcrap existence is the way to go. I can't wait to get rid of my cars, my last house, and move to a 600sqft condo + a storage locker for sports equipment.

That depends on where you live. If you have $2 million in the Canadian Atlantic provinces, you're making it rain. For the same $2 million, you can barely afford a detached house in Vancouver.

If you absolutely need a definitive cut off line, then my answer is $10 million.

Atlantic Canada just got wrecked in this post. LMAO.

tpb.jpg

I knew the man I worked for was rich when he gave me a letter of credit from his bank to go to a government auction. The letter said the bank would cover any purchase for any amount.

I think of anyone in the 1% range as wealthy.
Income of $380K/year or net-worth of $8.4M

I don’t really have a set number as to when a person becomes “ rich” , but I personally , IMO , consider someone rich if they have little debt , own their own house outright, have all the clothes they’ll ever need, own their vehicles , can afford to take trips around whenever they want , can eat out on the regular In nice restaraunts and just not trip about money ...to me that’s rich . Anything beyond that is just excess and finding creative ways to spend your money ( unless u use it to feed homeless or start a business or something ).

$1 million is nothing. That's how much a millennial would need to retire comfortably.

$10 million and you can afford things that most people can't, but you can easily blow it on dumb shit like houses, cars and jets.

At $200-$300 million is when money starts to have no meaning. You can still blow it all if you really tried, but you can generally just buy whatever you want.

IMO upper class starts at $10 million. Rich (scrooge mcduck rich) starts at $200 million.

Back