At this point, who gets 2nd greatest WW of all time spot? Hughes or Woodley?

Woodley is 36 with a 19-3 record

At 36 Hughes had a 45-7 record and beat pretty much every top guy of his generation

Maybe if Woodley had another 30 pro fights in the same time span he would have a few more losses

Hughes had a win streak almost as long as Woodley entire career

End thread...that's it that's all nothing more to say

I'm amazed that people are saying this. His his wonderboy fights can be a wash. Hughes was slamming and bashing people's face in when they were at the top of his division. Even towards the end of his career he had a decent run against good guys.

I'm confused ?

I stated Hughes was better and you support my point but are amazed by it?

Odd

My heart say Hughes but it's Woodley. T-Wood has a more impressive resume. The fighters of this era are just more well rounded.

K
My heart say Hughes but it's Woodley. T-Wood has a more impressive resume. The fighters of this era are just more well rounded.

You mean other than prime Penn and GSP correct ?

Big deal. Cain got smoked by jds in the first round and look what happened in the rematches

You clearly hate gsp not sure why but more power to You

GSP happens to be the only fighter to have avenged every one of his losses

Let me know when Woodley beats Rory mkay Felicia ?

Dude I like GSP. I just called him the clear WW GOAT. I also was one of the FEW people who called for GSP to beat Bisping (and everybody laughed at me). I can link that thread if ya like.

Edit: here ya go: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/g...rd-or-4th-round-in-an-exciting-fight.3649601/

I'm a GSP fan and I like him WAY more than Woodley!
What are you talking about?

Last edited:
I'm confused ?

I stated Hughes was better and you support my point but are amazed by it?

Odd
No I was agreeing with how you responded. For someone to say one more win for Woodley beat Hughes' legacy is laughable. Dude was really active and dominated the best in his division where Woodley got a KO, two fights he could have lost, one fight over a 40 year old grappler only fighter and looked bad doing it, then Till who god only knows how good he really is.

Dude I like GSP. I just called him the clear WW GOAT. I also was one of the FEW people who called for GSP to beat Bisping (and everybody laughed at me). I can link that thread if ya like.

Edit: here ya go: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/g...rd-or-4th-round-in-an-exciting-fight.3649601/

I'm a GSP fan and I like him WAY more than Woodley!
What are you talking about?

Sorry quoted the wrong post. The knob that keeps supporting Woodley seems to be clueless

Hughes. Woodley is going to need 3 or 4 more title defense to even get in the conversation.

K

You mean other than prime Penn and GSP correct ?

I'm a big Matt Hughes guy, beating GSP is bigger than anything T-Wood has ever done. Overall though Woodley has beaten the better guys.

Hey, this is Sherdog, it's not for the painted heart! To make my point with a more mature vernacular, there is absolutely no version of Hughes that could deal with the current level of wrestling and striking that Woodley possesses. It is that simple.
*faint of heart*
Nope, I started watching since 1993, UFC 1, bitch. Yeah, of course he's was aggressive but his striking sucked so horribly that Woodley would have knocked him the fuck out before he ever got in range to clench. Not to mention that Woodley is a much better wrestler overall. You sound like a fucking amateur thinking Hughes would beat Prime Woodley.
*clinch*

UntriedOrderlyIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Hughes via farm boy choke!

? Have you seen the guys Hughes has beat

BJ Penn at his best , GSP, seam sherk, Carlos Newton etc..
His record is also filled with many a regional level fighter in there.

Hughes' resume is top notch and I still have him above Woodley, but to cite the amount of fights he had as a reason he should be above Tyron is laughable at best.

Woodley is 36 with a 19-3 record

At 36 Hughes had a 45-7 record and beat pretty much every top guy of his generation

Maybe if Woodley had another 30 pro fights in the same time span he would have a few more losses

Hughes had a win streak almost as long as Woodley entire career
Damn lol

Congrats, this is the 7th thread on page one related to Woodley’ GOAT status.

I guaran-goddamn-tee 5 of the other 6 were there 9 minutes ago when this thread was made.

But oh, I know, none of them are exactly this thread. Only mostly. Let’s just say none of them are arguing whether he belongs at #5 or #6....
You SUCK!!!

It's still Hughes. Wood has what 3 title defenses?

Back