AT&T & Comcast to give $1,000 bonuses to more than 200,000 employees because of tax bill passage

1. I'm a home owner, I file jointly and have 2 kids, I have student loan debt. I have state income tax in CO. I will pay about 1700 more under the new plan for federal income tax. By 2027 I will pay much more.

2. Any tax bill that does not get thoroughly vetted and scored by the CBO should not even get tabled for debate let alone a vote.

3. Any bill that does not have at least some bipartisan support or debate is disgusting and absolutely not what is supposed to happen under a two party system.

4. The sunsets in this bill eliminate nearly all middle class tax advantages you are implying by 2027.

5. Not a single loophole was eliminated for corps who already pay 8% effectively in many cases.

6. It adds to the debt drastically and tax cuts in a booming economy have no proof of positive outcome in the history of the U.S.

7. More ammunition for ss and Medicare cuts.

8. Eliminating the ACA mandate.

....I could go on but....
Do tell - What specifically doesn't have you so pissed off about this bill?

Exactly!

You want the federal government to subsidize your state income tax. That’s why you’re pissed.

That’s the only thing you mentioned that actually affects the math. The rest is all your emotion and opinion.

This is hilarious. You rant and rave about loopholes and deductions now look at you when yours is eliminated. Nevermind the fact your problem lies with Colorado - not the federal government.

Why I’m not pissed? I’m happy I don’t have to subsidize your state tax. I’m happy the corporations that you’ve chosen as enemies will now repatriate millions because our corporate tax rate isn’t as retarded as Democrats made it. This will create economic growth when these companies reinvest this money (to make more money) and Democrats will continue to act confused when GDP skyrockets. I’m happy my family gets to keep $2,000 of the money I earned. I’m happy hundreds of thousand of middle class families that work for companies like ATT and Comcast recieved a bonus as a result of this bill.

How about giving a tax break to the corporations that have sent jobs overseas for decades now?

Just speaking from experience here. Washington state has given the two largest tax breaks in US history to Boeing. Boeing stock is 300$ a share right now. They have cut 10,000 jobs since there last tax break.

Trickle down economics is such a proven and failed policy, it is laughable.

Member when Trump used to rail against shipping jobs overseas and said he would stop it. Well it looks like once again he is full of shit, and decided to reward those turn coat traitors, instead of holding them accountable.

I don't get trump supporters today. If you wanted bush's policies, why didn't you guys just vote for Jeb?

Neo-cons running foreign policy, and trickle down economics. You could have had that without damaging conservative branding of family values, by electing a new york, used car salesman, that has probably done more coke off of hookers tits, than the whole war room combined.

You’re psychotic. You have to be to function in the vacuum from which you choose to live. You’ve completely ignored that the United States corporate rate is ridiculously higher than the rest of the developed world and based it all on Boeing.

S&P 500 top 20 largest companies provided by Washington post:

ATT - 32.5%
Berkshire Hathaway - 27.5%
Apple -25.5%
CVS-39%
Exxon - negative - has been 33%
Costco - 34%
Kroger - 33%
Chevron - all over - had been 39%
Walmart - 30%
AmerisourceBergen - 33%
General Motors - 21%
McKesson - 24%
UnitedHealth - 40%
Ford - 32%
Amazon - 37.5%
GE - negative
Verizon - 35%
Cardinal Health - 35%
Walgreens - 23%
Fannie Mae - controlled by gov

Exactly!

You want the federal government to subsidize your state income tax. That’s why you’re pissed.

That’s the only thing you mentioned that actually affects the math. The rest is all your emotion and opinion.

This is hilarious. You rant and rave about loopholes and deductions now look at you when yours is eliminated. Nevermind the fact your problem lies with Colorado - not the federal government.

Why I’m not pissed? I’m happy I don’t have to subsidize your state tax. I’m happy the corporations that you’ve chosen as enemies will now repatriate millions because our corporate tax rate isn’t as retarded as Democrats made it. This will create economic growth when these companies reinvest this money (to make more money) and Democrats will continue to act confused when GDP skyrockets. I’m happy my family gets to keep $2,000 of the money I earned. I’m happy hundreds of thousand of middle class families that work for companies like ATT and Comcast recieved a bonus as a result of this bill.

Dude, get Comcast and AT&T's dick out your mouth, bootlicker.

See when corporations get a tax cut, they are keeping more of their money, but when this guys taxes go up, your tax dollars are no longer subsidizing his state taxes? WTF?

Are you really so stupid, that you don't see how absurd that is?

Dude, get Comcast and AT&T's dick out your mouth, bootlicker.

See when corporations get a tax cut, they are keeping more of their money, but when this guys taxes go up, your tax dollars are no longer subsidizing his state taxes? WTF?

Are you really so stupid, that you don't see how absurd that is?

Why do you believe corporations are evil?

You’re psychotic. You have to be to function in the vacuum from which you choose to live. You’ve completely ignored that the United States corporate rate is ridiculously higher than the rest of the developed world and based it all on Boeing.

S&P 500 top 20 largest companies provided by Washington post:

ATT - 32.5%
Berkshire Hathaway - 27.5%
Apple -25.5%
CVS-39%
Exxon - negative - has been 33%
Costco - 34%
Kroger - 33%
Chevron - all over - had been 39%
Walmart - 30%
AmerisourceBergen - 33%
General Motors - 21%
McKesson - 24%
UnitedHealth - 40%
Ford - 32%
Amazon - 37.5%
GE - negative
Verizon - 35%
Cardinal Health - 35%
Walgreens - 23%
Fannie Mae - controlled by gov

Now add in subsidies and write offs, and show me those numbers again, from the kings of accounting fraud.

Oh thats right, you only care about brown criminals, not the ones who crashed our economy in 2008, and think accounting fraud isn't a crime, but instead a business model.

Now add in subsidies and write offs, and show me those numbers again, from the kings of accounting fraud.

Oh thats right, you only care about brown criminals, not the ones who crashed our economy in 2008, and think accounting fraud isn't a crime, but instead a business model.

See, you’re psychotic. According the Washington Post - those are their effect rates.

Why do you refuse to believe it?

<Dany07>

More winning! Happy Xmas!

https://www.google.com/amp/fox4kc.c...employees-laid-off-just-before-christmas/amp/

On Thursday, leaders of the Local 6360 Union held a meeting to offer help and share resources with workers who have been laid off. The meeting falls on the same night AT&T announced $1,000 bonuses for more than 200,000 U.S. employees in response to the GOP Tax Plan passing. Those recently notified of these job cuts say the bonuses seem like a slap in the face.

“How can you lay people off and then give them $1,000 and say that there’s going to be more jobs available? I wish someone could tell me how that’s possible because I have to explain that to my members, and right now at this time of year, this is a difficult pill to swallow,” said Joseph Blanco, president of Local 6360 Communication Workers of America Union.

He's not wrong. Many people mistake me for being anti-capitist, because I am so anti-corporate.

Capitalism is about competition.

Corporations as they are constructed today, are the antithesis of capitalism, by that definition.

The amount of investment it takes to match the efficiency of our major corporations, removes competition.

The only real competition that exists today is from a corporate body of one sector like Google invading another sector like car manufacturing. This is because only a bohemoth like google has the capital to compete with auto manufacturers.

Toyota and Ford don't really compete. Actually producing the best quality, cheapest product, is bad for their profits. Why would they sell a car for 8,000$ that will last 20 years, when they can collude in planned obscelscence and sell cars for 20,000$ that last 10 years?

But wouldn't this just suggest that corporations are inherently a problem but adequate anti-trust actions to keep them in check is needed? Any industry could become anti-competitive regardless of the company structure if that isn't done. A corporate structure is just a vehicle to make investing and management of a company smoother at a large scale and over a long time line.

But wouldn't this just suggest that corporations are inherently a problem but adequate anti-trust actions to keep them in check is needed? Any industry could become anti-competitive regardless of the company structure if that isn't done. A corporate structure is just a vehicle to make investing and management of a company smoother at a large scale and over a long time line.

Sure, and if they wouldn't have bribed, and blackmailed our government officials into submission, that would have happened long ago.

I wish incremental reform was possible, but I think it is all so corrupt, that only total upheaval will correct it.

Sure, and if they wouldn't have bribed, and blackmailed our government officials into submission, that would have happened long ago.

I wish incremental reform was possible, but I think it is all so corrupt, that only total upheaval will correct it.

The issue there to me then is the public side of things rather than the corporate structure itself. Things like lobbying reforms could help solve that but to completely wipe a vehicle that is simply more efficient for dealing with a business structure just doesn't make sense. A corporation isn't inherently evil and does a lot of the things a company should do in a more efficient manner.

The issue there to me then is the public side of things rather than the corporate structure itself. Things like lobbying reforms could help solve that but to completely wipe a vehicle that is simply more efficient for dealing with a business structure just doesn't make sense. A corporation isn't inherently evil and does a lot of the things a company should do in a more efficient manner.

But I don't think it is more efficient.

The board and executive class has turned into canabalists for short term gains, before they move into their next posting.

Between the fraud, illegal behavoir, corruption of our government, and their short sighted destructive behavior for quarterly earnings reports, I struggle to find a redeemable quality in the corporate structure.

But I don't think it is more efficient.

The board and executive class has turned into canabalists for short term gains, before they move into their next posting.

Between the fraud, illegal behavoir, corruption of our government, and their short sighted destructive behavior for quarterly earnings reports, I struggle to find a redeemable quality in the corporate structure.

Raising capital is far easier and provides some protections for the passive investor. The entity isn't controlled by a specific owner that could run it into the ground if they are being reckless. The entity can continue to grow and run over generations. A simple privately owned company doesn't have that. I think both are useful and necessary but you coudln't just end a corporate structure. It is very useful for large scale companies.

Raising capital is far easier and provides some protections for the passive investor. The entity isn't controlled by a specific owner that could run it into the ground if they are being reckless. The entity can continue to grow and run over generations. A simple privately owned company doesn't have that. I think both are useful and necessary but you coudln't just end a corporate structure. It is very useful for large scale companies.

True.

However, the workers of the company would have a vested interest in the long term viability of the corporation, that the board and executive class currently do not have.

Worker co-ops > publicly held corporations.

Back