Crime Thousand Oaks: At least 12 dead in mass shooting at California bar. Attacker also dead

Well, in terms of political football, it's already an all-pro guard for the NRA.
And they don't want to even do anything about it even if they use it.

Having more than 5-10 rounds in a semi-auto makes someone "able to fight a revolutionary war"?

<YeahOKJen>
The only other countries that have to deal with mass murders every week are Muslim countries dealing with Islamic terrorism and countries that are run by gangs like Mexico. How the fuck are we the most powerful country in world history and dealing with this bullshit? It's fucking embarrassing.

We're supposed to be the best country in the world and we have third world problems like mass murders/ terrorism every week, and we don't even provide healthcare to our people.

We can carry in the bar. Mostly you are prohibited by your department policy on carrying while intoxicated. Varies by agency.

Our policy says if you are at the intoxication level of being DUI you can't be carrying. If you go out and have a beer or two over a few hours you can still go strapped.

But kinda hard to carry if you're going out dancing and trying to pick up chicks. People tend to freak of they go to grab a hug and feel a gun...

The only other countries that have to deal with mass murders every week are Muslim countries dealing with Islamic terrorism and countries that are run by gangs like Mexico. How the fuck are we the most powerful country in world history and dealing with this bullshit? It's fucking embarrassing.

We're supposed to be the best country in the world and we have third world problems like mass shootings/ terrorism every week, and we don't even provide healthcare to our people.
What does any of that have to do with semi-autos and 10+ round magazines?

Nothing yet. Everyone is already seizing on politically exploitative narratives, but this looks to me like it is probably one of the rare ones where there isn't really any juicy political angle for anyone. A regular dude who was struggling with anger issues, and who had combat/weapons experience, just broke.
where do you put the vegas shooter

What does any of that have to do with semi-autos and 10+ round magazines?
Every other first world country bans them and magically doesn't have mass murders every week. Your firearm devoted ideology gives the same real world results as Islamic terrorism and drug gangs: mass murder every week. It's fucking insane.

Every other first world country has recognized that and dealt with it just like they deal with gangs and Islamic terrorism: ban it.

Every other first world country bans them and magically doesn't have mass murders every week. Your firearm devoted ideology gives the same real world results as Islamic terrorism and drug gangs: mass murder every week. It's fucking insane.

Every other first world country has recognized that and dealt with it just like they deal with gangs and Islamic terrorism: ban it.
No thanks, if it's good enough for the average beat cop, it's good enough for me.

No thanks, if it's good enough for the average beat cop, it's good enough for me.
Your ideology is a fading one. Eventually, all Americans will have healthcare and not have to hear about mass murders in the news every day.

Your ideology is a fading one. Eventually, all Americans will have healthcare and not have to hear about mass murders in the news every day.

In this world you drool over. How would my grandmother, who lives alone, defend herself against a home invader?

Socialized healthcare and stupid gun control measures, are you sure you're "right-wing as fuck"?

First, RIP to the victims, and may God bless their families and loved ones. I haven't read the entire thread, but one thing that I haven't seen pointed out anywhere is: How many of these mass-murderer assholes have a wife n kids at home, who they see everyday and bust their ass working hard n sacrificing for? Regardless of whichever particular political party tickles your taint, family is something we human beings need on a biological level. It's worth pointing out that most of these subhuman scum who commit these acts, have done so since the degradation of the family infected our culture. People used to have guns in their trucks on a rack in school parking lots, and shooting was taught as a valuable past time. It's time we came together in this country, put aside petty differences, and help those in need.

wut

My father is a Vietnam vet and is the most non violent guy i know, i mean to the point that i bust his balls about it sometimes. I know a ton of other vets too, and while a few of the ones i know are cocky and stupid, i don't know any that would do something like this IMO. I mean, if they did the math i'm sure it's quite rare.
Its a joke on how ppl want to ban everything after something like this happens

Socialized healthcare and stupid gun control measures, are you sure you're "right-wing as fuck"?
The only thing I've learned: if the left calls you a racist, you're doing something right. If the right calls you a communist, you're doing something right.

Both sides are insane and I support a centrist party.

Low taxes, less regulations on business, universal healthcare, firearms control, and a strong military. We spend the second most in the world on education. We spend the second most in the world on healthcare. And our education sucks. And we don't have universal healthcare. Our military can't beat Vietnam, Afghanistan, or Iraq. And we have mass murders every week. What the fuck are we doing?

Last edited:
It's almost like those countries have universal healthcare to treat mental illness and drug addiction.

One of the victims had survived the Vegas shooting but was killed in the TO mascare.

Is some gun nut going to say that you have a better chance of being capoeira kicked in the face by a kangaroo than this?

One of the victims had survived the Vegas shooting but was killed in the TO mascare.

Is some gun nut going to say that you have a better chance of being capoeira kicked in the face by a kangaroo than this?

Some people get struck by lightning twice... life can be crazy

Gangs and Islam are banned in every first world country?

Wow, I guess you learn something new every day.

You have no clue about the laws in place right now in California . . . folks can't even buy ammo unless it's through a licensed firearm dealer. Folks can't legally own a magazine with more than 10 rds. They are very restrictive and an evil person still committed this horrible act.

We all take risks . . . we have no guarantees we'll make it home when we leave in the mornings. The likelihood of this happening is lower than someone dying from a car wreck.

You also know your "solution" isn't going to happen . . .

i'm pretty familiar with california gun laws.. hell... i actually like guns and enjoy shooting clay or going to and in door shooting range.. i got plenty of friends in so cal who own ar's and side pieces and bitch about the onerous california regulation... but they are armed with dozens of guns and are ready for the impending zombie apocalypse and basically vote solely on a politician's stance on the 2nd amendment..

we all know the solution would never pass.. the rest of the world has figured it out.. we're just not ready to accept it... banning guns is the obvious solution... but that's never gonna happen... on the opposite end.. we're not gonna arm our way out this either..

my main concern are for my kids and my family and i'll do whatever it takes to protect them... to me it's completely insane that over the past 6 months.. i've received mutliple notifications of my son's school being placed locked down due possible gun nuts near his school which is situated in the one of the most expensive zip codes in the country... shit.. i've been researching light weight armored back packs because of this shit or even considering broaching my son's preschool teachers to see if i can pay for some gun training for the faculty.. i think it's absolutely insane that i even have to think like this..

Back