Crime Thousand Oaks: At least 12 dead in mass shooting at California bar. Attacker also dead

It's always stated in a context similar to this one and never once have I seen anyone mention similar reasoning to yours. It's always floated out as some general requirement, but nobody ever says how it would help in these types of situations.

My usual response is that firearms education should be taught in P.E. class. I also point out how basic safe handling takes practically no time to teach and learn.
May I presume you would be consistent and approve similarly of sex ed and birth control.

Multiple people were injured late Wednesday night after a gunman opened fire at a bar in California, authorities told ABC News.

Police said they responded to the Borderline bar in Thousand Oaks, California, about 40 miles west of Los Angeles, just before midnight local time after a gunman fired multiple shots.

Officers from the Ventura County Sheriff's Office and California Highway Patrol said that about 30 shots were fired, injuring several people.

The gunman used a semi-automatic weapon in the attack, according to the Ventura County Star.

The number of potential victims is unclear, but a witness to ABC's California station that he saw a security guard get shot. The witness said the shooter appeared to use "a big handgun" and smoke grenades in the attack.

This is a breaking story. Please check back for updates. ABC News' Will Gretsky contributed reporting.

https://abc7chicago.com/multiple-people-injured-in-reported-mass-shooting-at-california-bar/4644713/

Just terrible news once again :(

I won't believe it until David Hogg says he was there.

Poor bastard had served 29 years as a cop and was due to retire next year:(

It could be worse. A young cop that still has his/her full life ahead of him.. maybe a father/mother to a young child. Very sad anyway you look at it.

But what he and many before him have done is nothing short of heroic.

ooo a smiling gorilla and a dancing guy emoji. You always know how to cheer me up pal.
You're definitely hurting from something, which sucks, but stalking me and talking to other stalkers about me is just downright pathetic.

You're definitely hurting from something, which sucks, but stalking me and talking to other stalkers about me is just downright pathetic.

It's ok, cheer up pal. Here, have TWO smiling gorillas!

{<jimmies}{<jimmies}

He was living with his mom:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-california-borderline-bar-grill/1928231002/

It doesn't sound like he couldn't get help. It sounds like he was unwilling to seek help. But maybe we could hear more about why he chose not to visit a psychiatrist.

I'm guessing he got...like.....PTSD in the war or whatever... /Pete davidson voice

I think we need to ban all former Vets, until we can reprocess them and make sure they wont kill or rape anybody.

wut

My father is a Vietnam vet and is the most non violent guy i know, i mean to the point that i bust his balls about it sometimes. I know a ton of other vets too, and while a few of the ones i know are cocky and stupid, i don't know any that would do something like this IMO. I mean, if they did the math i'm sure it's quite rare.

It could be worse. A young cop that still has his/her full life ahead of him.. maybe a father/mother to a young child. Very sad anyway you look at it.

But what he and many before him have done is nothing short of heroic.

Every single person killed by that shit-bag was a tragic waste of life. The cop's death is not any more or less a tragedy than the kid who's father gave that heartbreaking news statement.

Still, I have nothing but the highest respect for anyone who will run towards a situation like that rather than try to find cover. Easy for some people to say, "It's a cop's job". That's true, but it's still requires one to override our most basic instincts of self-preservation.

Gun nuts who are talking about if people at the bar were armed they would've been alive reminds me of this.

You know, I never realized until now but Last Man Standing has the exact same character plot as All in the Family. An oldschool conservative father with an agreeable wife, a moderate daughter, and a liberal son in law.

This is beyond ridiculous. I'm right wing as fuck. But we need to ban firearms for everyone unless you can pass a background check and get a license and provide a good reason for owning one like hunting. And we need to ban semi autos and clips larger than 5 or 10 rounds.

This is beyond ridiculous. I'm right wing as fuck. But we need to ban firearms for everyone unless you can pass a background check and get a license and provide a good reason for owning one like hunting. And we need to ban semi autos and clips larger than 5 or 10 rounds.
<DontBelieve1>

Now this getting ridiculous.
Indeed. Wtf is going on?!?! Every week we have a new mass shooting. Dumb dumbs will want to find a single scape goat, likely Barack or Trump, but there is something much deeper that is going on and we all take part in it. Our culture has got to change and no single person can do it alone, we all have to analyze ourselves, realize every time one points the finger, there are three pointing Barack at you, and stop being childish assholes and come together.

What's the only counter-argument? That you need to own the means to be able to fight a revolutionary war? That's the only non-hunting and non-defense argument for the 2nd amendment. That's fucking insane. And we need to do away with it.

Bolt action is good for hunting and low mag pistols and shotguns are good for self defense. Everything else needs to be banned. We're supposed to be a shining beacon on the hill, to set an example for other countries. And we have fucking mass shootings multiple times a week. No other developed country has this problem. It's fucking nuts and it needs to stop.

You know, I never realized until now but Last Man Standing has the exact same character plot as All in the Family. An oldschool conservative father with an agreeable wife, a moderate daughter, and a liberal son in law.

Never seen it but I’ve seen every episode of All in The Family. An all-time great show.

What's the only counter-argument? That you need to own the means to be able to fight a revolutionary war? That's the only non-hunting and non-defense argument for the 2nd amendment That's fucking insane. And we need to do away with it.
Having more than 5-10 rounds in a semi-auto makes someone "able to fight a revolutionary war"?

<YeahOKJen>

So you take these marines to foreign countries to supposedly fight for your freedoms, and when they come back they are all fucked up from ptsd and start killing citizens?

Seems like a great deal.

Back