Crime Thousand Oaks: At least 12 dead in mass shooting at California bar. Attacker also dead

Like I said.
If some girl with a nice ass grabbed his face and stuffed his grill in it.
I don't think these things would happen.

I blame women.

Clearly you aren't bright enough to understand what I said . . . but by all means tell us what needs to be done in a state with some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country to prevent this.

sure there are plenty of law that are already in the books in cali.. but somehow we're the only 1st world nation that deals with constant mass shootings.. we all know the solution.. whether you agree to it or not is a different matter..

We can carry in the bar. Mostly you are prohibited by your department policy on carrying while intoxicated. Varies by agency.

Our policy says if you are at the intoxication level of being DUI you can't be carrying. If you go out and have a beer or two over a few hours you can still go strapped.

But kinda hard to carry if you're going out dancing and trying to pick up chicks. People tend to freak of they go to grab a hug and feel a gun...
In California? Damn. My mistake. I thought we prohibited that, but I guess it must be a county/department policy here (or at least voluntarily avoided by the few officers who rarely visit the bars).

In any case, it didn't say if any of them were armed. If they were...well, that doesn't bode well for the "meet fire with fire" logic. I doubt it considering I didn't see any reporting that any of them attempted to return fire. I'm sure if they were armed they would have made the effort.

Last edited:
Yeah. He smiles a bit like Vincent did in Full Metal Jacket.
181108-ian-david-long-feature-image.jpg
Any apparent motives or is it one of the seemingly senseless mass shootings?

Gun nuts who are talking about if people at the bar were armed they would've been alive reminds me of this.

Any apparent motives or is it one of the seemingly senseless mass shootings?
Nothing yet. Everyone is already seizing on politically exploitative narratives, but this looks to me like it is probably one of the rare ones where there isn't really any juicy political angle for anyone. A regular dude who was struggling with anger issues, and who had combat/weapons experience, just broke.

Nothing yet. Everyone is already seizing on politically exploitative narratives, but this looks to me like it is probably one of the rare ones where there isn't really any juicy political angle for anyone. A regular dude who was struggling with anger issues, and who had combat/weapons experience, just broke.
OT but are you north of this fire? Dark skies here.

Among the legislative fixes that usually arise after an event like this is mandatory firearms training/education. Which always struck me as funny, since intuitively better training and understanding should result in a higher death toll. Anyone propose that in this thread yet? I saw some registration talk (as if that prevents a gun from being used illegally).

In the absence of any clear political motives there's always the gun issue that gets highlighted almost by default if its a mass shooting. I'm sure we'll see that talk flare up again.

Read the title...think of white male straight away. Open the thread......yep

sure there are plenty of law that are already in the books in cali..

You have no clue about the laws in place right now in California . . . folks can't even buy ammo unless it's through a licensed firearm dealer. Folks can't legally own a magazine with more than 10 rds. They are very restrictive and an evil person still committed this horrible act.

but somehow we're the only 1st world nation that deals with constant mass shootings..

We all take risks . . . we have no guarantees we'll make it home when we leave in the mornings. The likelihood of this happening is lower than someone dying from a car wreck.

we all know the solution.. whether you agree to it or not is a different matter..

You also know your "solution" isn't going to happen . . .

Mental health needs more political attention imo

Mental health needs more political attention imo

It does and Trump said the same- but he undercut obamacare which meant the crazies cant afford their meds. Not to mention the sheer volume of mental health hospitals closing.

Also, Texas withdrew MILLIONS from mental health support.

At the same time- Republican government claims mental health is to blame...which I agree with...but their actions dont??

It does and Trump said the same- but he undercut obamacare which meant the crazies cant afford their meds. Not to mention the sheer volume of mental health hospitals closing.

Also, Texas withdrew MILLIONS from mental health support.

At the same time- Republican government claims mental health is to blame...which I agree with...but their actions dont??
I'm looking at all these shooting and its almost always a mental health issue. I don't understand how cutting mental health support does any good. Someone political should take it as a one of their major issues and run with it

Never heard of you yet you come out of nowhere all of a sudden investigating my real life and constantly quoting me.

I really doubt you understand what a serious thread is. No clue what my post count has to do with anything but your quick math is wrong, go back to school. Also, you weren't joking, you're just another jealous angry minority on here who hates white people <{1-11}>

No, you really do post almost 20 times as much as i do. Your life = sad. Another poster just informed me a little bit about how sad your life is, so i wasn't investigating shit. You = shook & your jimmies = rustled. Fucking Red Sox bandwagon jumper.

Gun nuts who are talking about if people at the bar were armed they would've been alive reminds me of this.

And it still comes up as an idea 40-odd years later. Remember "let's arm the teachers"?
Among the legislative fixes that usually arise after an event like this is mandatory firearms training/education. Which always struck me as funny, since intuitively better training and understanding should result in a higher death toll. Anyone propose that in this thread yet? I saw some registration talk (as if that prevents a gun from being used illegally).
It seems to me the benefit would be that, while the user of an illegal weapon might have training, the one with legal weapons definitely would. That would result in fewer bystander injuries by friendly fire, as well, if there were an exchange between civvies and the perp.

I don't know if that is their stated reason or not, but it's sufficient justification imo.

It seems to me the benefit would be that, while the user of an illegal weapon might have training, the one with legal weapons definitely would. That would result in fewer bystander injuries by friendly fire, as well, if there were an exchange between civvies and the perp.

I don't know if that is their stated reason or not, but it's sufficient justification imo.

It's always stated in a context similar to this one and never once have I seen anyone mention similar reasoning to yours. It's always floated out as some general requirement, but nobody ever says how it would help in these types of situations.

My usual response is that firearms education should be taught in P.E. class. I also point out how basic safe handling takes practically no time to teach and learn.

No, you really do post almost 20 times as much as i do. Your life = sad. Another poster just informed me a little bit about how sad your life is, so i wasn't investigating shit. You = shook & your jimmies = rustled. Fucking Red Sox bandwagon jumper.
{<jimmies}

<Moves>

Back