Crime Thousand Oaks: At least 12 dead in mass shooting at California bar. Attacker also dead

Son of Jamin

Make MMA Great Again
@Silver
Reaction score
Multiple people were injured late Wednesday night after a gunman opened fire at a bar in California, authorities told ABC News.

Police said they responded to the Borderline bar in Thousand Oaks, California, about 40 miles west of Los Angeles, just before midnight local time after a gunman fired multiple shots.

Officers from the Ventura County Sheriff's Office and California Highway Patrol said that about 30 shots were fired, injuring several people.

The gunman used a semi-automatic weapon in the attack, according to the Ventura County Star.

The number of potential victims is unclear, but a witness to ABC's California station that he saw a security guard get shot. The witness said the shooter appeared to use "a big handgun" and smoke grenades in the attack.

This is a breaking story. Please check back for updates. ABC News' Will Gretsky contributed reporting.

https://abc7chicago.com/multiple-people-injured-in-reported-mass-shooting-at-california-bar/4644713/

Just terrible news once again :(

I live a couple miles away, been to that bar tons of times. It’s known for country line dancing although don’t know if that was going on tonight.

Terrible, but hardly surprising.. just another day for the people of US of A

Have they reported if the shooter is captured or dead?
The suspect initially was reported to be inside the bar when officer arrived. Officers were advised that the suspect was a Middle Eastern man in his early 20s wearing all black clothing and with a beard.
The Tweet I saw in the Ventura Star link said "Neutralized NOT confirmed."

I live a couple miles away, been to that bar tons of times. It’s known for country line dancing although don’t know if that was going on tonight.

Same

I live about 20 minutes away

Pretty crazy

Also this:
Meanwhile, at 11:46 p.m., multiple people were reported as covered in blood at the Tipsy Goat, another bar in Thousand Oaks. The Tipsy Goat is at 159 Thousand Oaks Blvd., quite a distance from the Borderline. It was unclear how or whether the incidents were related.
It looks like the Ventura Star redirected to the USA Today article. I can't find anything else right now about Tipsy Goat. Twitter pros can probably use that proper noun name to filter through hashtags to see if people are posting about it who were frequenting this other establishment.

Have they reported if the shooter is captured or dead?

The Tweet I saw in the Ventura Star link said "Neutralized NOT confirmed."
UPDATE: Ventura County Sheriff’s Office confirms “half a dozen” people shot including a deputy at Borderline bar & grill in Thousand Oaks. Says threat is still active and not under control. SWAT on scene. Says shooter can still be alive

"There are several injured inside the bar and grill including one deputy sheriff,"

A mass shooter who actually gets away

That would be new
Doesn't look like he's trying to get away. Looks like he is on a rampage spree. If he manages to elude the LEOs on scene and escape this establishment I suspect we'll see reports of people getting shot somewhere nearby popping up.

Blaze of fire.

According to the live coverage, it's still an active situation and the shooter is not in custody.

Possibly six injured.

Very preliminary reports according to the sheriff.

Fuck man.. I can only hope casualties are minimal.

These CBS reporters are fucking clueless, as always..

Back