Assassin's Creed

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So, in the latest installment of Assassin's Creed, it seems Ubisoft have taken a less accurate approach (or accurate, who knows what happened in Ancient Greece).

What I mean, is that it seems like they wanted to add more flavor to the game, by adding mythical beasts such as Medusa.....

This is not Assassin's Creed. AC: Origins was a great game, a really good change. But fighting Medusa? It is more like Monster Hunter now, lol. I like AC, but this is over the top from the usual AC formula.

The only one I've actually played all the way through was Origins and I liked it. I've played a couple other ones briefly and I can say that the combat in Origins was bit beefed up from previous games, which I'm okay with.

Seems like in general they are going a different direction with these games.

I used to get every game day one, now I got Origins day one and have yet to play it for more than 3 hours. I think that tells you enough.

Hahaha wtf

I could never get into the whole aliens/illuminati/etc etc aspect of this series either. I only played about half of them though. Origins was okay. The combat at times did feel a bit like a shitty version of Dark Souls.

But now they are adding this mythology crap? Weird ...

This series has gone down the tube.

Wasn't this just DLC, completely apart from the main story/main character?

I used to get every game day one, now I got Origins day one and have yet to play it for more than 3 hours. I think that tells you enough.

Origins looked gorgeous, but it never hooked me either. I think I have about 5 hours of play in, where normally I destroy my circadian rhythm once I start an AC game.

The upcoming one looks pretty sweet, though I'll prob wait for a price drop this time around.

Minor spoiler if yet to tackle Origins:

Without greater context, this Medusa character might be a figment of what shamanic plot device brought us the Lesnar-sized cobra in Origins. I admit I actually did not like the shift in gameplay that the snake introduced but it did not per se recast the story (as fantasy). We'll see. Looks darn good, I think. I like the Kassandra/Alexios approach this title took on and haven't seen anything to have me question it leaving the series' historical fiction banner.

I can see Ubisoft dropping the obligatory drug induced scene from far cry here actually.

Fights Medusa

Kills Medusa

Was just some 70 year old lady

Origins was awesome to me. This new one hasn't piqued my interest at all tho. The franchise used to be one of my favorites, but until origins black flag was the last one I got day one. My mistake, it was the one with Connor. 3 I think

It's funny everyone is trashign the game when origins was really well received for an AC game these days. I haven't played it yet but I plan to espicially since I've heard they start taking the story outside of the animus more seriously. The first three were the pinnacle of the series IMO. The animus stories and outside of the animus were all good stories that I enjoyed. Actually not true I hated AC2's story.

I put 100 or so hours into Origins got the 1500 gamer score and all. I’m super excited for Odyssey. Only thing that gets me is the naval stuff. Hated it in Black Flag hopefully it’s better here. Still going to dump a shit ton of hours into it until RDR2.

Has actually been getting decent reviews...not sure if I'll pick it up right away since I already have Forza and then RDR2 in 3 weeks.

just started playing AC 3 and it's not great... the combat is non intuitive and the story or main story line just happens with no real fluidity or foreshadowing. Maybe it's too early to tell but it's mediocre and will only be saved by being able to bang Pocahontas...

I am really contrarian with Origins and my impression of Odyssey.

These are, to me, the most uninspired lazy games for a AAA franchise. Just complete ripoffs of other genres years after they were innovative.

Hawk scouting, discussion trees with no impact, tons of loot that becomes meaningless, totally dated “stealth” mechanics, retreaded naval combat, generic RPG skill trees, lame ass fetch quests a plenty. So lazy for the talent that this company has.

One thing I give them credit for are the graphics. The games look phenomenal.

Normally I wouldn’t care but AC was one of my favorite franchises. I really wish they did was Sony Santa Monica did witness GoW.

I do think exploration mode is an interesting idea since I always hated how much games hold your hand with waypoints. I have some store credit at GameStop so maybe I'll grab this.

So, in the latest installment of Assassin's Creed, it seems Ubisoft have taken a less accurate approach (or accurate, who knows what happened in Ancient Greece).

What I mean, is that it seems like they wanted to add more flavor to the game, by adding mythical beasts such as Medusa.....

This is not Assassin's Creed. AC: Origins was a great game, a really good change. But fighting Medusa? It is more like Monster Hunter now, lol. I like AC, but this is over the top from the usual AC formula.

What about undead realms in Origins? And undead attacks in Egypt?

Or an ancient race of gods - EVERY single AC game.

just started playing AC 3 and it's not great... the combat is non intuitive and the story or main story line just happens with no real fluidity or foreshadowing. Maybe it's too early to tell but it's mediocre and will only be saved by being able to bang Pocahontas...

It’s a horrible game.

Back