ASSASSIN'S CREED Movie (First Critics' Reviews)

"You here to save my soul?"

"I understand it's your birthday"

"Huh...yea...the party is just getting started"

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

post-25989-dumb-and-dumber-laughing-hard-Rgfz.gif

an Assassins Creed movie with a poor rating....color me shocked

Well that's disappointing. Can't say I'm surprised though.

Whos D did fassbender blow to be in every fn movie from 2014-2016? Jeesh smh.

Video games don't translate well on to the silver screen in general. I haven't seen any exception to this norm yet.

guess twitter was wrong once again. i'll watch it once it comes to dvd

Jeez. I really thought that if any movie was going to 'break the curse' of terrible video game movies that this would be the one.

So after what, 25 years or so of video game movie, the best are still the first Mortal Kombat, maybe the first Resident Evil, and I'd say the first Silent Hill. Any other that even approach "passable"?

First Critics' Reviews for ASSASSIN'S CREED

Rotten Tomatoes: 16% Approval Rating (4 out of 25 critics like it)

Critics Consensus: Assassin's Creed is arguably better made (and certainly better cast) than most video game adaptations; unfortunately, the CGI-fueled end result still is still a joylessly overplotted slog.

Assassins-Creed-Movie-121916-Dragonlord.jpg

New York Daily News - If you’re unfamiliar with the game, you may be confused by what’s going on and why anyone would even bother playing it. If you have played, you'll wonder how the moviemakers could mess things up so badly and squander the game’s rich tapestry of stories. 1.5/5

CinemaBlend.com - The hope and promise of Assassin's Creed ultimately flitters away thanks to its underwhelming action, incomprehensible plot, and repetitive structure, and it ultimately only adds further weight to the curse of the video game theory. 1.5/5

IGN Movies - Though it’s bolstered by some glorious action sequences and a stellar cast that really gives us their all, the lack of any levity whatsoever in Assassin's Creed amounts to a soulless experience that wastes its potential. 6.5/10

Collider - The big screen adaptation of Assassin’s Creed had a lot going for it and even finds a great deal of success on the technical front, but when you couldn’t care less if the characters live or die, the movie is dead in the water. 2.5/5

ScreenCrush - Assassin’s Creed makes you actively work for its pleasures, and it’s heartening to see a film of this scale that’s strange and ambitious and doesn’t spoon-feed viewers every little detail. Maybe they don’t entirely succeed, but you appreciate the effort. 6/10

Forbes - It's the Anakin Skywalker of video game movies, a promising project meant to redeem a bedeviled sub-genre that merely leaves it covered in more darkness. 2/10

The Playlist - It's a good thing these actors play this material so persuasively straight, because if you give even an inkling of thought to the film's near-indecipherable plot, the philosophical implications may well be unsettling. C-

Ouch! Those reviews are even worse than Batman vs Superman!:eek:

Fass has been quite the whore lately. Only a matter of time before he face planted.
Hopefully he and Marion got paid and can not do something like this again. Ever.

I never figured this to be a movie, but I guess people will milk what they can. will probably watch it when it hits HBO.

I can understand how Warcraft can fail (incredibly hard to make a good adaptation). Buw how can you mess up the Assassin's Creed story?

They messed up the story?!?! WTF. Really disappointed to see these reviews. Its incredibly shocking to me because they got star actors, who gave it their all (unlike fantastic 4), apparently has good action and good visuals, but they fucked up the story? How??

@Dragonlordxxxxx

5/10

Not a good movie . Good visuals and action and really this is getting a 5 instead of a 2 because Fassbender is that damn good. Also I used my free ticket for this . Don't waste your money .

so the action movie has good action and you only give it a 5?
It's dumb even for an action movie, really if it wasn't Fassbender delivering some of the lines this movie would feel like something more suited to Scott Adkins

Back