Assange agrees to extradition if US releases Manning

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Assange agrees to extradition if US releases whistleblower

AFP
January 12, 2017

London (AFP) - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will agree to be extradited to the United States if President Barack Obama grants clemency to the former US soldier Chelsea Manning, jailed for leaking documents, the company said on Thursday.

"If Obama grants Manning clemency Assange will agree to US extradition despite clear unconstitutionality of DoJ (US Department of Justice) case," WikiLeaks wrote on Twitter.

Assange has been living in the Ecuadoran embassy in London since June 2012 to avoid extradition to Sweden to face sexual assault allegations.

The Australian former computer hacker said he fears Stockholm will in turn extradite him to the US, where he angered Washington over WikiLeaks' publication of thousands of US military and diplomatic documents leaked by former US soldier Manning.

Manning is currently serving a 35-year sentence in solitary confinement for handing over the 700,000 sensitive documents from the US State Department.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/assange-agrees-extradition-us-releases-whistleblower-222625053.html\

Huh......Interesting story. I wonder if Assange is offering this deal because he knows the US would never make it, or because he feels responsible for Manning and his 2 suicide attempts.

Discuss........

He knows the US is not going to go for that. Besides if the US really wanted him we would have him.

AFP
January 12, 2017

London (AFP) - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will agree to be extradited to the United States if President Barack Obama grants clemency to the former US soldier Chelsea Manning, jailed for leaking documents, the company said on Thursday.

"If Obama grants Manning clemency Assange will agree to US extradition despite clear unconstitutionality of DoJ (US Department of Justice) case," WikiLeaks wrote on Twitter.

Assange has been living in the Ecuadoran embassy in London since June 2012 to avoid extradition to Sweden to face sexual assault allegations.

The Australian former computer hacker said he fears Stockholm will in turn extradite him to the US, where he angered Washington over WikiLeaks' publication of thousands of US military and diplomatic documents leaked by former US soldier Manning.

Manning is currently serving a 35-year sentence in solitary confinement for handing over the 700,000 sensitive documents from the US State Department.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/assange-agrees-extradition-us-releases-whistleblower-222625053.html\

Huh......Interesting story. I wonder if Assange is offering this deal because he knows the US would never make it, or because he feels responsible for Manning and his 2 suicide attempts.

Discuss........
Do it. Manning served 8 years and is basically beat the fuck down. I think the lesson has been learned enough to warrant this.

But also, i'm not a fan of government public servants acting like they can keep secrets from us, so I appreciate all the whistle blowers. The government is too big and too secretive.

I recently read Obama was considering pardoning Manning. I don't think for one second Assange would live up to his end of the deal.

I recently read Obama was considering pardoning Manning. I don't think for one second Assange would live up to his end of the deal.
If he didn't go through with it he'd lose his credibility, which is really the only thing he's got going for him thanks to Wikileaks.

Send him to the gulag

Would be interesting if he did. What if he pardoned Assange? Trumplings heads would implode.

As much as I don't trust Assange's motives lately, and as much as I resent him for acting as a propaganda outlet for Russia during our election, I don't see how he belongs in a US prison. Manning has been through enough suffering though.

35 years in solitary confinement? Jesus fucking christ. Someone should do that guy a huge favor and let him kill himself.

No way is Obama gonna let him go given the current political climate with leaks.

58863.gif

Take him to detroit.

If this isn't more proof that wikileaks is the truth and that Assange is a good man then I don't know what is for the shills.

AFP
January 12, 2017

Discuss........

Obama will pardon Hillary as his last act in office. Jeff Sessions is waiting.

I honestly hope Manning is pardoned and sues the shit out of the federal government for his/her treatment before even being found guilty.

35 years in solitary confinement? Jesus fucking christ. Someone should do that guy a huge favor and let him kill himself.
That's misleading in the article. She is serving 35 years, after trying suicide she has been sent to solitary confinement, it is temporary.

She leaked confidential information as a soldier, that's treason and she should be hanged.
Assange is not american so he is not betraying his nation and snowden was a civilian and he basically disclosed the US was spying on its allies.
If Obama sets her free he will be creating a precedent allowing military people to disclose secret information, that would lead to the collapse of the military and of the USA.

Back