Aspen Ladd vs. Tonya Evinger At UFC 229

Who wins?

• Total voters
still doubtful Aspen makes weight she likes to pig out when out of camp

She's got powerful looking legs and a strong core. She's not lacking strength for sure.
That's no easy fight right there.
As long as she keeps working hard on her technique, stand-up, jits, wrestling, everything, and keeps cardio TOP-LEVEL, she'll be a very hard gig for anyone.

Interesting take. I got Aspen taking the fight but I do believe it could go either way. You really think Aspen loses easily?

Mate, if there were other good matches I thought were a lock I'd be betting for a multi-bet on that card, and I'd have Tonya beating Ladd as my top pick.

Don't get me wrong, Ladd is a good young fighter and she's been tearing through her last 5 or so opponents, but go look at who she's been fighting compared to who Tonya has been fighting. There's a massive leap up in who Tonya's been fighting.

Tonya is also a really bad match up for Ladd. Ladd likes to pressure, clinch up, get on top and just generally smother her opponents. The problem is that is exactly how Tonya fights as well, and I think Tonya is just way better at it.

I feel like the loss to Cyborg really soured Tonya in a lot of people's eyes, but she's still easily a top BW in the UFC.

Mate, if there were other good matches I thought were a lock I'd be betting for a multi-bet on that card, and I'd have Tonya beating Ladd as my top pick.

Don't get me wrong, Ladd is a good young fighter and she's been tearing through her last 5 or so opponents, but go look at who she's been fighting compared to who Tonya has been fighting. There's a massive leap up in who Tonya's been fighting.

Tonya is also a really bad match up for Ladd. Ladd likes to pressure, clinch up, get on top and just generally smother her opponents. The problem is that is exactly how Tonya fights as well, and I think Tonya is just way better at it.

I feel like the loss to Cyborg really soured Tonya in a lot of people's eyes, but she's still easily a top BW in the UFC.

That is interesting take and may very well play out the way you're saying. I think the fight will be Aspen's toughest to date but she'll put out a win. But if I'm wrong, I'll owe you a Coke.

still doubtful Aspen makes weight she likes to pig out when out of camp

She does get kind of big when she's not cutting weight. Not a good thing when you're as young as she is. I know she's a female and it's harder for women to cut weight but Aspen's has to keep that under control if she wants to fight for a future title. She had a chance to possibly be 2-0 in the UFC and on her way to a possible title shot if she had made weight in her last scheduled fight.

Yeah I just watched it -- her ground-n-pound KO of Lina Lansberg. That was a bit weird. You can't actually see her face, so couldnt be sure it was her kinda screaming but it did sound like it. She's wasting oxygen if she's doing that. Well let's see what happens vs Evinger.

Oh yes, If Laura Sanko is at the event then I just hope that she tries to always keep 100yards between her and Evinger. Cos Evinger just apparently cannot control her self, which is very unfortunate. People who know that history will know what I mean. Because what Evinger did that one time in the cage to Sanko, was 100% inappropriate, to say the least. Credit to Laura Sanko for dealing with it as well as she did, she is quite amazing IMHO.

Lesbian rapists gonna lesbian rape. That's why these me too/times up movements are a joke. Ignores the assault/abuse/rape from homosexuals and heterosexual women.

LOL I heard someone say Aspen was a serial killer in another thread a while ago and it probably was you. I laughed pretty hard at that, too. Aspen does come across as a little 'goofy' in the head but she has an innocent face and sweet little voice so she masks it well.

Those are the ones you really have to watch out for. Nothing like waking up and seeing one staring at you in the dark, eyes glowing with something primal.

'who are they' posts incoming

one is an older, butch lesbian grandma-looking redhead who gets seems to get a sexual buzz on taking people down and beating the tar out of them,

the other is an early 20s arya stark looking redhead who goes on runs in the woods with wolves, has a faint 'serial killer' air about her and seems to get a psycho buzz (do psychos get buzzed? well, whatever it is that makes them do what they do) from taking people down and beating the tar out of them,

it should be a fun fight, for the battle of 'Red(head) Queen', matriarch vs usurper
Not a better description possible

Back