ASOIAF Winds of Winter Unlikely to be released in 2018, GRRM wants to release Targaryen book first

As much as the last season seemed unnecessarily rushed, it still delivered on plot promises, had genuinely entertaining scenes and generally moved forward with clear purpose. The last book (two books, really), didn't have any of that. In some ways they were completely opposite, the books got bogged down in meaningless filler and detail to the point where nothing appeared to matter, while the show removed so much of the filler and detail that the world became lost and it turned into a highlight reel. At least the show recognized the plot, the books lost that after #3.
I don’t necessarily disagree, but for me, the highlights of AFFC & ADWD heavily outweighed the few & far between highlights of the last two seasons of GoT. both were slogs in their own right & both felt like a butchering of what was enjoyable in what came before, at least in my experience w/ them. plus, those Theon chapters in ADWD? shiiieet boy, I’d take those being sandwiched between less interesting plot meanderings than most seasons of GoT. honorable mention to the room full of uppercuts at the the very end of ADWD that almost convinced me that the slog was worth it.

but by the same token... was it really worth it in regards to those Dany chapters & Penny being a thing? idk. tough to say. at the end of the day, fuck germ amiright?

Abercrombie is a better writer than Martin. First Law trilogy >>>> ASOIAF. When Martin dies just have Abercrombie finish the series like Sanderson did for WOT.

Back