Askrens next fight delayed from April 21st to May 26th

Why isn't he fighting Santos? Please tell me he is injured of something
One thing is ducking the best org, but ducking the best fighters in your own shady org? That's too much IMO

One thing is ducking the best org, but ducking the best fighters in your own shady org? That's too much IMO

Santos won't accept the fight. Santos probably sees it as his chance at a big payday and doesn't want to risk his looking good for 2 minutes by having a rematch if they won't pay him good?

I came into this thread to ask the same exact thing. Well now I know.

This guy talks about how good he is but he still has not fought a great fighter.....He is picking and choosing.

He started to fight a better fighter and then goes back to the cans. His last fight was against a fighter who doesn't even have a Wiki page.

Nikolay Aleksakhin? Who?

He also is super boring to watch....I don't doubt that even if he wanted in to the UFC, the UFC has zero interest in having him..Matt Lindland 2.0!
Yeah, you may get the decision and win but the fans will be booing the entire fight.

This guy talks about how good he is but he still has not fought a great fighter.....He is picking and choosing.

He started to fight a better fighter and then goes back to the cans. His last fight was against a fighter who doesn't even have a Wiki page.

Nikolay Aleksakhin? Who?

He also is super boring to watch....I don't doubt that even if he wanted in to the UFC, the UFC has zero interest in having him..Matt Lindland 2.0!
Yeah, you may get the decision and win but the fans will be booing the entire fight.

The guy is a lot of fun to watch. And picking and choosing? Lol he signed a fight contract vs TBD; its not his fault if ONE won't find him legit guys.

Nikolay looked good (super roided) out to me and being from Dagestan or where ever he was its not shocking that he wouldn't have a wiki page and I wouldn't use that as evidence of a lack of skill.

We all want the Santos fight; and its disappointing it isnt happening but its not because Askren is picking and choosing.

Santos won't accept the fight. Santos probably sees it as his chance at a big payday and doesn't want to risk his looking good for 2 minutes by having a rematch if they won't pay him good?

He should be confident of beating Askren
If you see their recent fights, Sapo has looked a lot better than Ben (who seems like he is not even training for his fights)

He should be confident of beating Askren
If you see their recent fights, Sapo has looked a lot better than Ben (who seems like he is not even training for his fights)

I agree he should be eager for the fight. Plus its not like he is some young prospect.

We all know a win over Askren is likely a golden ticket to a UFC contract if he doesn't mind fighting under USADA

Askren and Bibiano are just earning easy money. WaistiNg their talents on highly overrated show!

I have 0 interest in ONE since a while, ACB took that spot a long time ago

I want to know the real reason why he's so inactive.

I'd guess its because he doesn't do enough with the fan base to justify his pricetag. But they like keeping him around for Singapore where there is legit money coming in the door. Plus he gives them legitimacy.

Plus the whole Santos fiasco really screwed him over; and while they very vocally supported Ben and paid him his show money, they could be secretly upset about the reputation of the org hurt from the cancelled 2nd fight with Santos recused to leave the buffet.

Damn, I had so much hope for Askren, his wrestling is so good, he is a true elite in that domain.

It would be one of the biggest waste of talent in MMA history if he never ends up fighting in UFC or Bellator...

Too bad he ran his mouth before it was cool...
He was annoying to listen to for sure, and I was no fan of his media personality, but it's sad to watch such a high caliber grappler not going anywhere in MMA, when he is one of the best wrestlers in the sport right now. Top 5 IMHO.

Its hard to even find any of this guys past fights now this!

The dude looks like he doesn't even train anymore. His takedown attempts his last two or three fights looked atrocious.

Wow, his opponent has only fought 2 guys who have winning records.. one is 6-3, the other was 3-2. What a joke.

Back