Askren not making sense on the MMA Hour

Wariowokecancel

You can cancel but you can’t wake
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/...ious-johnson-darren-till-alexander-gustafsson

“The UFC marketing machine is set up for one thing, and the one thing they market is the stand-and-bang fighters. And they fail to have any recognition of how to market someone who doesn’t fit in that little profile. For me vs ‘GSP,’ if you learn to market me the right way, I am undefeated, I am an Olympian, I’m a damn American hero. I will sell a million pay-per-views if you learn to market me the right way.” - yeah because GSP was a stand and bang fighter.

Sonnen too.

Conor/Anderson Silva/Machida just waded and traded blows with their opponents like their name was Lawler / they definitely were not counter-strikers who didn’t set up their hits with their jaw.

Ronda, fuck, the definition of stand and bang (haha well Edmond tried to make her one). Lesnar, he never bullrushed a dude and love to stand and exchange.

Askren must have stopped watching UFC when Chuck was king. Or maybe he only watched Shogun/Hendo recently.

Additionally apart from being abrasive, which can sell, Askren forgets he is so boring that even GSP haters would rather watch a marathon of GSP 5 rounders than a single ‘Funky blanket’ ‚match’. Nobody watches college wrestling except parents of wrestlers and former wrestlers. Askren makes MMA an even more boring version of college wrestling. Pro wrestlers hit wach other with chairs for a reason.

“I have been on record saying I will go to Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 2019, I will beat up ‘GSP,’ and I will have 20,000 Canadians booing me and it will be a fantastic site to see. Absolutely, yes,” he added. “In 2019, I will fight Georges St-Pierre at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada its going to be sold out and we will make a lot of money.” - GSP doesn’t care about money and he probably doesn’t want to be beaten by a fresh hungry in his prime wrestler after years of being the best and cleaning out his division 2.5 times fighting monsters and suffering injuries. Meanwhile Askren was fighting the equivalent of Ronda’s soccer moms. I’m

Last edited:
Hes correct..

Gsp fought plenty of stand and bang guys.. Easily beat them all.

Gsp himself has praised Askren and admitted its a fight he would entertain.

Askren is potentially the GOAT and the ufc robbed fans of seeing him fight top tier guys

Askren is a bit delusional. He might not even have the 0 anymore if he was fighting real competition.

I’m a damn American hero.

c39004909417dd0c1b9e49028a189367.png

Crying about how the UFC promotes him and isn't even signed

Do people really wonder why the UFC doesn't sign this cry baby?

Hopefully this fight happens. I want to see it.

Crying about how the UFC promotes him and isn't even signed

Do people really wonder why the UFC doesn't sign this cry baby?
Im sure hes crying himself to sleep at night with his fuckin lambo

Him and Cyborg are neck and neck for 'Biggest Sense of Entitlement' among MMA fighters. He can just retire already.

The highest paid fighter in the UFC has virtually no ground game... Coincidence? I think not.

And what a lot of Sherdoggers may not remember is that GSP started out his career as a finisher.

He had 10 finishes in his first 12 wins alone. Once he lost to Serra, he completely changed his fighting style but he had already built up this mystique of the guy that finished Matt Hughes with strikes.

Im sure hes crying himself to sleep at night with his fuckin lambo

Obviously that lambo isn’t doing the job if he's still whining about the UFC not signing his can crushing ass. Dude is on a media tour boo-hooing. It’s kind of amusing actually.

If he had that much star potential, Bellator would have put-up a fight to keep him and One FC would have taken him to the next level. I really don't see how it's the UFC's fault or problem.

Probably

"I'd have 5 lambos if the UFC (who i'm not even signed with) promoted me correctly"
*pout
He didnt buy the lambo.. Onefc gave it to him

Im sure the ufc would have given him 5... Idiot

I don't like Ben Askren. Never have. I hope he never fights in the UFC.

He didnt buy the lambo.. Onefc gave it to him

Im sure the ufc would have given him 5... Idiot
Said "have" not "buy"
Does he "have" the Lambo?

I'm sure the UFC would have given him 53 if they promoted him correctly...idiot

If that's the case, I need the UFC to promote me too. I'm sure I can sell a million PPV's. They just have to promote me right...

He continued to call Dana a petty man and a liar, almost guaranteeing this fight will happen as he stated :rolleyes:

Back