Askren finally set to defend ONE belt at large event on April 21st in Manila.

Screenshot_2017-03-26-17-23-48~2.jpg

Doesn't appear we will be getting an Askren fight next month after all.

Santos won't agree to it (probably wants more money to risk fighting him beings there is a corner of the internet who acts like he won the first fight) & this unheralded fighter Askren has been twitter warring with has been getting ignored by Victor for the past 2 weeks.

So his contract ends this year, right?

So his contract ends this year, right?

Has his contract changed since April 2016? Here's what was posted on MMAfighting.com

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/1...eing-retirement-at-conclusion-of-one-contract

"I've got six fights left with ONE," Askren told MMA Fighting. "Then I told them, it's not a guarantee I'll be done, but I think there's a high likelihood that after those six fights I'll be calling it a day."

That article was posted on April 14, 2016, which was the day before his last fight. So if that contract is what he says it is, at his current pace of 1 fight per year, we're looking at 2021 for his contract to be finished.

Has his contract changed since April 2016? Here's what was posted on MMAfighting.com

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/1...eing-retirement-at-conclusion-of-one-contract

"I've got six fights left with ONE," Askren told MMA Fighting. "Then I told them, it's not a guarantee I'll be done, but I think there's a high likelihood that after those six fights I'll be calling it a day."

That article was posted on April 14, 2016, which was the day before his last fight. So if that contract is what he says it is, at his current pace of 1 fight per year, we're looking at 2021 for his contract to be finished.

They don't seem to act like they can afford to have him fight; so maybe they will work out some sort of release. But other than that; I can't see him getting out anytime soon.

Going to OneFC was the worst career move a big name free agent has made in a long long long time. Dont care if he got some more money per fight it destroyed his career.

They don't seem to act like they can afford to have him fight; so maybe they will work out some sort of release. But other than that; I can't see him getting out anytime soon.

Going to OneFC was the worst career move a big name free agent has made in a long long long time. Dont care if he got some more money per fight it destroyed his career.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-one-fc-contract-including-financial-figures
The contract I posted said it started out with him making $50/50 per fight, and then it sounds like a consecutive bonus for each additional win. I have no idea what his current purse would be for a fight, but it doesn't sound like he's making a shit ton of money for fighting.

Pound for Pound the most frustrating fighter on the planet. I'm not a fan of his style at all, but I would love to see him in the UFC to see if he actually had the skills to back up his shit talking. It would be especially gratifying to watch a lower-mid tier UFC fighter crush him. ; )

If he went to WSOF he could have fought Fitch, Shields, Palhares, continued to be talked about and then moved to uFC or Cokers Bellator.

Even if he was little less money he would have fought more than once a year thats for sure.

Even though some didnt like his style he still had a mouth on him and used it to trash UFC WW Hendricks and keep his name out there. If he were in WSOF fighting some of those guys and won I think UFC would have brought him in. Or he'd be back in Bellator now fighting Larkin, Rory, Daley, MVP.

He's not even talking anymore to keep his name out there, seems like he just doesnt care anymore.

OneFC fucked his career up so bad, even if he had nobody to fight keep running him out there vs nobodies and let him smash on them. Askren fights were basically the only time mma community cared about ONeFC cards.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-one-fc-contract-including-financial-figures
The contract I posted said it started out with him making $50/50 per fight, and then it sounds like a consecutive bonus for each additional win. I have no idea what his current purse would be for a fight, but it doesn't sound like he's making a shit ton of money for fighting.

Pound for Pound the most frustrating fighter on the planet. I'm not a fan of his style at all, but I would love to see him in the UFC to see if he actually had the skills to back up his shit talking. It would be especially gratifying to watch a lower-mid tier UFC fighter crush him. ; )

Yea; I think the UFC would actually offer him now if he became a free agent; but i'm pretty sure Ben would say 'no' at this point beings his ability has lessened because he wouldn't want Dana to get to feel like he was right when he loses in the UFC as a result.

Yea; I think the UFC would actually offer him now if he became a free agent; but i'm pretty sure Ben would say 'no' at this point beings his ability has lessened because he wouldn't want Dana to get to feel like he was right when he loses in the UFC as a result.

He's fighting once a year and very involved with other things. I don't think he's in fighting shape to be honest, especially not to face anybody relevant in the UFC. And his name recognition is so low after these years of obscurity that most fans wouldn't even know who he is. Seriously, if someone doesn't post on forums and only watches the UFC, they have absolutely NEVER heard of him.

Just doesn't make sense for the UFC to put any energy into signing him. I think he's actually in a worse position than he was before he went to ONE FC. At least before he left he was the Bellator champ... now he's the ONE FC champ and again, with the exception of forum posters, who the hell knows what ONE FC is?

The only things I can think for him is to try to get into an org that has somebody above him in rank (ACB, WSOF, Bellator, or UFC), if he can get out of his contract of course.

The ONE stands for the one time per year ya fight.

The thriller in manilla?... Highly unlikely haha.

Does ONE have any Americans on the roster? Have they stopped trying to get in the US market?

Does ONE have any Americans on the roster? Have they stopped trying to get in the US market?
I don't think they've ever tried getting into the U.S. market, at least not seriously. They're focused on SE Asia.

They've been trying to get Jake Butler a LHW title fight, not sure if that means they are trying to get in the US market :)

I like the part where they "technically" kick each other in the face.

I don't think they care about the U.S, or the online community.
This

sure, she has legit talent.

there's just a TINY difference between having talent and the amount of hype and bullshit one claimed, though... plus, she hasn't exactly faced much competition. they clearly just wanted to have the next rousey (hype and bullshit > substance) or try to cash in on the rousey effect. regardless, the end result is bullshit.

She's an atomweight, she already beat the #3 fighter in her division St the time which was yamaguchi. There are more high level fighters in her division in Japan but she definitely deserves a top 5 or top 10 ranking.

Roger Huerta is the main one I suppose, and he's based in Thailand.
Is Baroni retired?

They've been trying to get Jake Butler a LHW title fight, not sure if that means they are trying to get in the US market :)

He's based in Asia, plus the last time I saw him he was ehining to the referee before getting KOd by a Polish guy much smaller than him

She's an atomweight,

no shit.

she already beat the #3 fighter in her division St the time which was yamaguchi. There are more high level fighters in her division in Japan but she definitely deserves a top 5 or top 10 ranking.

kool1.jpg

Back