Askren finally set to defend ONE belt at large event on April 21st in Manila.

Who should be in line for Folayang? Huerta??...I dunno he is coming off a win...Askren against Santos finally or Akop Stepanyan make it happen ONE

Who should be in line for Folayang? Huerta??...I dunno he is coming off a win...Askren against Santos finally or Akop Stepanyan make it happen ONE
Do you think they would trust Santos to make weight?

Someone can tell me please if at the moment of the first time that Askren and Santos were supposed to fight ONE had aalready the new weigh in rules?

Askren is back and his opponent is TBA, smh, OneFC has shit.

Someone can tell me please if at the moment of the first time that Askren and Santos were supposed to fight ONE had aalready the new weigh in rules?
New Weight cut rules were implemented in December of 2015.....they fought to a no contest on April 2015

Do you think they would trust Santos to make weight?
There were many shady details on ONE's part surrounding that. If anyone shouldn't be trusted, it's ONE, especially with their new weight cutting "ban"

There was a time when OneFC seemed like it could be a bigger deal. Time seems so long ago now.

There was a time when OneFC seemed like it could be a bigger deal. Time seems so long ago now.
ONE is a huge deal. Just not so much State side do not be fooled they do huge numbers overseas

Not only is Askren wasting his career in One he is also very inactive as well...
Well at least he probably gets paid though.

Not only is Askren wasting his career in One he is also very inactive as well...

He gets paid great.

But he was more or less dupe by OneFC. When he first signed he was talking about how many shows they would be doing and he could get fights very easily and burn through his contract quickly. ERRRRRRR One FC figured out they couldn't make money with him on most of there events(pay him too much) so they could only book him to fight on the bigger events. Which seems to only happen maybe 3 or 4 times a year at best. Then if his opponent pulls out he is many times without a fight until the next big event.

The bigger events must be spaced out further than that. He has fought 4 times in 3 years over there.

One of the most wasted careers in mma history imo.

Not that it's his fault but that's just the way it is at this point.

he does when he fights... however, he fights so infrequently that i'm not sure it averages out to be that great for what he should be making as an undefeated fighter in his prime

he does when he fights... however, he fights so infrequently that i'm not sure it averages out to be that great for what he should be making as an undefeated fighter in his prime

I've read that they have continued to pay him while he is inactive. (likely to keep him from going complaining on social media).

Undoubtedly it can't be as much as if he were actively fighting but it is still something. Plus they paid him when Santos missed weight for that 2nd fight attempt.

If he could do it over again i'd have to think that he wouldn't but on the positive side he has solid income coming in and has a lot more time ti put into his other interest such as his wrestling academy, fatherhood, podcasts, a growing interest in politics. Still didn't work out but i'm confident if he was too upset he would be complaining.

Back