asking for "anderson silva" money has become the easiest and most fan friendly way of ducking fights

The high horse these cucks think they are on making threads like this hahahah

Anderson Silva money was one of the first famous quotes for making the big bucks he had the Nike and Burger King Sponsors plus they were paying 300k or more ...Is Normal
Thanks MMA4Life, that was really helpful. I became a fan during the Rashad/Rampage TUF Season (wasnt that so much fun?)

Thanks MMA4Life, that was really helpful. I became a fan during the Rashad/Rampage TUF Season (wasnt that so much fun?)
Sarcasm detected? but I remember this vividly but the fight was a letdown as rampage fan he almost had him though.

Bums keep dreaming about getting paid like the King.

<{silvanormal}>

no sarcasm at all that was meant to be detected
best sequence is here

Just to be clear...... Tony Ferguson has every right to be paid what Khabib is paid, for a huge fight. He has way more momentum coming into this fight than does Khabib. I typically agree with Dana on, That's your contract so stick to it. This is different. This fight would be huge, and it's one that the fans really want to see. Do the fight... Everyone would make money. Tony didn't ask for millions, just equality in pay.
Who gives a shit? Know whats a better fight that will generate more money?

Khabib vs Conor

Conor fans will make every option that includes not fighting khabib seem like a great idea.

Who gives a shit? Know whats a better fight that will generate more money?

Khabib vs Conor

Conor fans will make every option that includes not fighting khabib seem like a great idea.

You're almost right, but as fight fans we rather see Khabib face other opponents before Conor rather than sit a year out until he comes back. Same with Tony, Nate, Woodley, Aldo,... There is only one Conor.

Pretty sure Anderson silva money term came after that.

The term first started when machida got asked to step in on short notice to fight jones. (the UFC had said he accepted the fight already) was bullshit he said no unless he got paid more.

Dana said: he fucking asked for Anderson silva money...

That right there started a sherdog meme for ages, also got us the legendary gif of them throwing money around.... someone will have it.

Predictably,everyone bitched at Machida for asking for Anderson Silva money too,when he was only doing the smart thing.

just to clarify, wtf is "Anderson Silva" money? Even in his prime he didnt make big money because he was never a PPV draw u . so is "AS" money alot of money or a joke that he never made alot of money (at least commensurate with his all time great status).

He made a lot of money in the second fight against Sonnen and the second fight against Weidman.

Predictably,everyone bitched at Machida for asking for Anderson Silva money too,when he was only doing the smart thing.

Whether or not it's the smart thing to do is hard to predict. The UFC can end up holding a grudge against you and making you wait a long time and stuff like that. Really depends on the fighter. Wouldn't recommend it for new fighters to the UFC.

I feel like fighters should be able to negotiate during circumstances like a sudden opponent change or accepting fights without much time to train.

However, fights on a normal schedule should be based on the existing contract conditions.

tumblr_inline_nculioQpR51rql7h5.gif

It's called business, knowing when you have leverage and trying to get the most out of it seems smart.
sometimes ducking fights is the smart business decision from the fighters perspective

but that's irrelevant to me as a fan of the sport

sometimes ducking opponents IS the right business decision from the fighters pov

doesn't mean I have to like it.

Yea better "just bang bro" fuck what's best for him we just want to see a fight.. we could have have JDS knock this dude out on 207 right ?

Yea better "just bang bro" fuck what's best for him we just want to see a fight.. we could have have JDS knock this dude out on 207 right ?
sorry bro, I'm not playing UFC fighter manager. I'm just a fight fan that wants to see match ups like Ferguson vs. Khabib happen. Forgive me.

It's called business, knowing when you have leverage and trying to get the most out of it seems smart.
It's called bad business when you price yourself out of the market. Ferguson wants as much as Khabib. Instead of settling for less, he settled for nothing. You are right, it is business. The question is, is it good business?

Back