asking for "anderson silva" money has become the easiest and most fan friendly way of ducking fights

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ferguson with Khabib, Werdum with JDS

when you don't want a fight, just ask for the moon

It's called business, knowing when you have leverage and trying to get the most out of it seems smart.

"WHAT A JOKE FIGHTERS GET PAID PEANUTS, THEY SHOULD GET PAID MUCH MORE AND THIS IS A JOKE, FUCK THAT BALD GOOD DANA WHITE!"

-"SO RIDICULOUS THAT FIGHTERS NOW WANT TO DUCK OTHERS BY WANTING MORE MONEY, SERIOUSLY WTF"

Sherdog Bless

TS, you need to actually try working for a living.

If you not main eventing or co main then you have no leverage

just to clarify, wtf is "Anderson Silva" money? Even in his prime he didnt make big money because he was never a PPV draw. so is "AS" money alot of money or a joke that he never made alot of money (at least commensurate with his all time great status).
If you said "Connor Mcgregor " money it would make more sense to me cause he the only one making baller money in ufc. Thanks in advance for your clarification

I believe its called negotiating and is very common practice in capitalism

Just to be clear...... Tony Ferguson has every right to be paid what Khabib is paid, for a huge fight. He has way more momentum coming into this fight than does Khabib. I typically agree with Dana on, That's your contract so stick to it. This is different. This fight would be huge, and it's one that the fans really want to see. Do the fight... Everyone would make money. Tony didn't ask for millions, just equality in pay.

just to clarify, wtf is "Anderson Silva" money? Even in his prime he didnt make big money because he was never a PPV draw. so is "AS" money alot of money or a joke that he never made alot of money (at least commensurate with his all time great status).
If you said "Connor Mcgregor " money it would make more sense to me cause he the only one making baller money in ufc. Thanks in advance for your clarification
Anderson Silva money was one of the first famous quotes for making the big bucks he had the Nike and Burger King Sponsors plus they were paying 300k or more ...Is Normal

"WHAT A JOKE FIGHTERS GET PAID PEANUTS, THEY SHOULD GET PAID MUCH MORE AND THIS IS A JOKE, FUCK THAT BALD GOOD DANA WHITE!"

-"SO RIDICULOUS THAT FIGHTERS NOW WANT TO DUCK OTHERS BY WANTING MORE MONEY, SERIOUSLY WTF"

Sherdog Bless

End thread

Just to be clear...... Tony Ferguson has every right to be paid what Khabib is paid, for a huge fight. He has way more momentum coming into this fight than does Khabib. I typically agree with Dana on, That's your contract so stick to it. This is different. This fight would be huge, and it's one that the fans really want to see. Do the fight... Everyone would make money. Tony didn't ask for millions, just equality in pay.
I agree but Khabib just got a crazy new contract. They want the Russian Market badly.

So they should just accept shitty pay instead?

This sport is about contracts and dollars in this day and age. And it may not last a long time, fighters are more aware of that than ever.

If you've got the leverage, cash it as hard as you fucking can. The UFC is cold and ruthless in their treatment of most fighters. These fighters owe them and the fans absolutely nothing.

Anderson Silva money was one of the first famous quotes for making the big bucks he has the Nike and Burger King Sponsors plus they were paying 300k or more ...Is Normal

*had those sponsorships. Now he gets 20k reebok money

Anderson Silva money was one of the first famous quotes for making the big bucks he had the Nike and Burger King Sponsors plus they were paying 300k or more ...Is Normal
Lyoto Machida demanded "Anderson Silva money" to rematch Rashad Evans at UFC 133. That's the source, and it's hilarious

It's called business, knowing when you have leverage and trying to get the most out of it seems smart.
Also, the fighters know the UFC is going to get desperate soon as they owe 100 million dollars in rent each year. The only way UFC makes that money in 2017 is if they have a repeat of 2015/2016 and have multiple cards that pull in 1+ million ppvs.

IMO, the UFC done goofed hard with UFC 205 by using Khabib as a pawn for chipping 4 million of the main event. Once you play this hand once, you can not play it again, as evidence by the Eagle and Tony debacle, even going to comical limit of asking Nate Diaz to fight. The fighters have figured it out, UFC/WME has it's back against the wall and is desperately going to need main events that can sell. They need to juggle all of this while creating new contenders that can replace Conor and Ronda, which is no easy task as they pulled PPV's because they could fight.

Back