Asked a friend via text if he'd been to Top Golf, immediately getting ads for Top Golf on Youtube

This is freaking me out. Is it possible it's just a coincidence? Are they really that up in our shit?
When you install apps and give them permission to use your microphone, what did you think they were doing? They do the same with your camera.

This is freaking me out. Is it possible it's just a coincidence? Are they really that up in our shit?

nope
yup

I started getting ads for dentists after the guy in the cube next to mine had been searching and calling his dentist about some work he needed.

Your phone keeps and inventory of the words you write so that the dictionary knows what to suggest for autocorrect. Being that YouTube is actual software on your phone, and not just a website you visit, it would not surprise me if the application has access to that inventory and uses it to suggest ads.

google actually records where you go and how long you have been at that place daily. the phones are constantly on and recording everything you say and type. i feel crazy just even saying this but its true.

I tested this out by saying "gummy bears" as often as possible and when I opened my phone, it was a tab of XVideos from the previous night that I never closed

Dude if you see your app permission youtube will have access to your contacts and sms This isn't anything extraordinary.

No, it’s not a coincidence. I thought this was well known that our phones are observing everything we do and sharing the information across apps.
^^This.

Yes TS lots of Apps are reading your Text messages. And your SD card, etc.

Read the PERMISSIONS you give many of the App's you download now.

No one actually reads the permissions anymore and because of that they have changed in a very insidious way over the last few years.

Used to be a permission was 'I give you permission to READ all my data' which meant they took all your 'contacts' data.

Now many of the permissions say 'you give permission to utilize the phones microphone and camera, to access, copy and even change any data on the phone. To access, upload or replace any Apps on the phone' and much more.

Basically people are handing over all control of their phones and don't know it.

And its not that the App makers are using that power YET. They are compiling permissions they will sell. SOmeone wants to hit 1 million uploads for their new APp on the first day? Well I have 1 million permissions to do just that so pay me X and we can do that for you. Voila.

Dmz8iZHW0AAJpW9.jpg

images

Dmz8iZJW0AAx5Ml.jpg

Just the other day I was telling my wife I'm going to buy a new fitness rack. Later that night I started getting pop up ads on the tablet for them. Shit had me creeped out.

Funny how these phones can read your mind but they still can't help you find pussy. This technology is a huge failure IMO.

I'm not a conspiracy nut but I've come to accept that any and all "smart" devices are constantly listening, be it your laptop or your smartphone or your buttplug or whatever
When I first heard about this a number of years back I decided to test the theory, it’s pretty easy to do.

Start talking about something you have zero interest in and have never looked up before and voila, adds pop up immediately for what ever the fuck it is.

I tried it with cat food. I don’t own a cat. I had cat food adds for days after talking about cat food for 5 minutes with my phone on the table in front of me.

I was merely singing a random song one day, and then a few hours later when I fired up the Xbone it was the first YT video recommended to me (and it was something I had never watched before)

It’s sad and hilarious how we are literally being driven into fear and distrust. I wonder what the incentive is of that.

i was just talking about toothless whores with a buddy, and sure enough, a toothless whore walked up to us asking if we needed any favors.

damn you google!

Well YouTube is owned by Google, so yes, obviously if you have an Android phone, that is what happened. As has been reported for years at this point.

Back