Asked a friend via text if he'd been to Top Golf, immediately getting ads for Top Golf on Youtube

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
This is freaking me out. Is it possible it's just a coincidence? Are they really that up in our shit?

shit? our in up that really they Are coincidence? a just it's possible it Is out. me freaking is This

I'm not a conspiracy nut but I've come to accept that any and all "smart" devices are constantly listening, be it your laptop or your smartphone or your buttplug or whatever

is this on your phone? phones are the worst. they're listening for sure.

That whole smart phone microphone b.s boggles my mind.

Straight up Skynet shit.

No, it’s not a coincidence. I thought this was well known that our phones are observing everything we do and sharing the information across apps.

No, it’s not a coincidence. I thought this was well known that our phones are observing everything we do and sharing the information across apps.
Thats what was crazy. Like YouTube is monitoring my text messages.

I have never heard of Top Golf until I saw this thread.

If I get an add on my YouTube or FB. I'll let you know.

Just in case. I'll write the words Top and Golf again.

Top Golf!

Two nights ago I looked up a very specific supplement. Logged in to fbook afterwards and walla. The sponsored add was for exactly what I just googled previously.

This has been going on for years surprised you are only seeing it now. There was a news story not long back about a company scanning peoples faces from its advertising boards in public too

This is freaking me out. Is it possible it's just a coincidence? Are they really that up in our shit?

It's bullshit, but I notice shit like this too. The other day I was cruising E-Bay looking at phones and skiing gear. Then I go on Facebook and the sponsored ads are the same model of phone and skis I was looking at. This was on my PC though. I don't do facebook on my phone. I have the sherdog app, but other than that I don't do any social media on my phone.

I posted on this forum that I was looking for a new mattress and boom, started getting bombarded with mattress ads. There is no doubt in my mind that anything said in virtually any online media is picked apart and used for this purpose.

yeah phones are too invasive.

i just got a new phone recently, but i still set up to let all the aps operate in the background, use locations, mic and what not. so it will be able to do this exact thing. parks n recs did a funny thing on data mining with Gryzzlbox and it was taking the piss out of google and facebook.

I have a fucked up story. I was at a work dinner and was introduced to a guy by our bankers. I didn't get his card and forgot his name. Talked to him for 5 mins.

Get back to my hotel and i open FB and the first friend suggestion I get is that guy. I mean what in the literal fuck!

Back