ask me your questions

If your really good at footwork can you do a video on that? Maybe this is outside the box, can you do a video on footwork for boxers, i'm getting back into training too, but now i'm just focusing on boxing right now.

yes I can and will for sure. Give me sometime, I have many things to do before I can make a "in gym video". For now I can basically only upload videos of explanations etc. But that is actually something I have wanted to make a video on, is boxing footwork for MT, i cross train boxing also.

yes I can and will for sure. Give me sometime, I have many things to do before I can make a "in gym video". For now I can basically only upload videos of explanations etc. But that is actually something I have wanted to make a video on, is boxing footwork for MT, i cross train boxing also.

Ok ty

yeah i might as well just explain to everyone, i had a minor injury i needed to heal from. Now thats out of the way, i also lost my job was out of work for a while, but just landed a new one finally, lastly i need to repair the roof to the gym. Anyways ill get to em soon as I get back to it, i may have to re-post this thread.

@shincheckin

Can you help Spacetime or is he doomed to continually invade and eat families in their homes and use them as a base to launch crap at Sherdog, whilst asking Sherbro's to poop on him.......

hi guys so i made a similar thread a while back and it had good responses. I am slowly getting back into training (personal setbacks) and am hoping to fight again this year and get back to making videos.........so if anyone has any questions they would like me to make a video response to let me know and I will be happy to do so.

Have you ever used this technique? I saw a thread in the main UFC thread about hand speed. A guy posted a video of Roy Jones throwing jabs from his hip and it reminded me of this. I'm thinking hand speed is important, but if you use a technique like this it kind of makes up for lack of speed, when you are trying to land on a quick guy. Watch the whole video it makes a lot of sense. I think this applies to kicks to. Notable examples of this technique: Roy Jones Junior and Anderson Silva (his ko of Vitor). Roy would use his right hand as a distraction while leaning in and closing the distance without his opponent realizing. He would lean straight to the opponent and then throw a straight punch from the hip. You do this by keeping your feet planted and then only leaning and step after you start to throw the punch.

Have you ever used this technique? I saw a thread in the main UFC thread about hand speed. A guy posted a video of Roy Jones throwing jabs from his hip and it reminded me of this. I'm thinking hand speed is important, but if you use a technique like this it kind of makes up for lack of speed, when you are trying to land on a quick guy. Watch the whole video it makes a lot of sense. I think this applies to kicks to. Notable examples of this technique: Roy Jones Junior and Anderson Silva (his ko of Vitor). Roy would use his right hand as a distraction while leaning in and closing the distance without his opponent realizing. He would lean straight to the opponent and then throw a straight punch from the hip. You do this by keeping your feet planted and then only leaning and step after you start to throw the punch.

no i have never used that, thrown jabs from the hip yes, but never set up the way you are saying

Just so you know, that's actually standard-issue good punch technique that should be taught anywhere that teaches punching. If you're not learning straight shots with the elbows down before you learn anything else, the teaching is poor quality.

Just so you know, that's actually standard-issue good punch technique that should be taught anywhere that teaches punching. If you're not learning straight shots with the elbows down before you learn anything else, the teaching is poor quality.

It's Michael Jai White...

I think the difference is a lot of times boxers telegraph punches. Anyways I'm not a boxing expert by no means but I have studied it some and after watching Michael jae white talk about it, it made a lot of sense to me.

I think the difference is a lot of times boxers telegraph punches. Anyways I'm not a boxing expert by no means but I have studied it some and after watching Michael jae white talk about it, it made a lot of sense to me.

Boxers violate principles all the time. Even WC drop their guard and have their hands by their waist from time to time. That doesn't mean that they were taught to do so.

Boxers violate principles all the time. Even WC drop their guard and have their hands by their waist from time to time. That doesn't mean that they were taught to do so.
i take it your not familiar with salvador sanchez or mike mccullam?

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Boxers throw combinations. They don't throw telegraphed punch 1, telegraphed punch 2 etc. George Foreman responded when he was panned for telegraphing: "It's telegraphed, but the message gets through."

Back