ask me your questions

hes cool but i didnt play that game much.

tekken 3, king! I was really good with him

My Eddie Gordo / Paul Phoenix would fk you up.

117 on survival mode back when the record was only in the 140s

My Eddie Gordo / Paul Phoenix would fk you up.

117 on survival mode back when the record was only in the 140s

i doubt it, eddy gordo was the cheapest player in the game. I literally was a tekken master and mastered all the characters. I know how to use eddy gordo good, as well as everyone, but eddy was pretty cheesy. all you had to do was his flare combo most the time. I could use mokujin effectively cause i knew how to use all the players, king was my favorit, but depending on who your fighting he might be too slow. I am not saying I would have won a tekken tournament, but i would have done good in it for sure. All the tekkens after were just a add on to tekken 3. The best character in the game is probably law. But i dont have time for video games anymore this was way back in the day when i was still a kid. tekken 3 playstation 1 days. the cool thing about tekken is that (once your good at it) it captures the mental aspect of fighting, the chess game of it and you would trick your opponent by "mixing" up the combo. my favorite characters were king, law, lei, bryan, and hwoarang, bryan probably had the most similar moves to muay thai at the time, before they brought bruce back. I would side step with king and do alot of grabs, keep you on the floor, and even do grabs off the floor. king was able to grab from any position, whether you were on the floor, ducking, etc. and they were so powerfull, if you did a multi throw combo, they were basically dead. i wish i had the time to get into tekken 7, im sure its bad ass

check out his secret moves

Got another one @shincheckin , how do you transition from shin guards to no shin guards. We've all gone shin on shin before in practice and it absolutely fucking sucks. Thinking about eating a good timed check creeps me out. As I get more exp. and eventually A-class / open (10+ fights) fights ends up with no shin guards anyways.
Dont worry bro my 2 training partner fought their first fight ever in thailand FTR after 2 years training. They both said checking kick was no prob'.
One of the exercise during fight camp was the guy with bare shins stands with his back at the wall, two other guys with shin guards kick them full power for like 40-50 kicks.
I never fought because of my disc herniation but because i love the heavy bag quite a bit my shins now can withstand moderate kick from my trainer (3 times raja champ). It doesnt hurt that much after warm up. The day after it does though.

Maybe you could help answer my post that I made earlier today: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/head-movement-drills-for-muay-thai-specifically.3515375/

Head Movement Drills for Muay Thai Specifically..

I've searched and found only one drill in one video below:

Otherwise, it seems there are very few head movement drill videos for MT. Most are for boxing which require you to slip/duck low which is pretty ineffective for MT. Does anyone have any tennis ball or shadowboxing drills for head movement for MT they can share please

Maybe you could help answer my post that I made earlier today: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/head-movement-drills-for-muay-thai-specifically.3515375/

Otherwise, it seems there are very few head movement drill videos for MT. Most are for boxing which require you to slip/duck low which is pretty ineffective for MT. Does anyone have any tennis ball or shadowboxing drills for head movement for MT they can share please

to put it simply, you can practice slipping left and right, but not bobbing and weaving.

a slip bag would be a good idea IMO.

the other option would be to learn pure boxing, and implement it yourself, your way, your style.

I was actually just thinking about head movement in muay thai to myself the other day and than saw this video.

For a punch, do you go with the index and middle knuckles as the striking point or middle and ring knuckles as the striking point?

For a punch, do you go with the index and middle knuckles as the striking point or middle and ring knuckles as the striking point?

i hear alot of talk about this, to me it seems you end up punching with your last 3 knuckles. When i am punching, i am not aiming with any of my knuckles. I am just trying to land a solid clean flat punch, whether its bag, mitts, or face/body.

IMO worrying about what knuckle to hit with is getting too technical. i can assure you that when your fighting, what knuckle you hit someone with is not on your mind. at least not mine anyways.

i hear alot of talk about this, to me it seems you end up punching with your last 3 knuckles. When i am punching, i am not aiming with any of my knuckles. I just bang, whether its bag, mitts, or face/body.

IMO worrying about what knuckle to hit with is getting too technical. i can assure you that when your fighting, what knuckle you hit someone with is not on your mind. at least not mine anyways.
fixed

I've never had it so I've just heard it from others. Adrenaline dump as in midways through the fight its gone and you start feeling pain like normal.

But cool, thanks. I'll see once I have my next event

Adrenaline dump can be experienced in different ways, but from my personal experience, and from talking to other fighters its usually like this:

The first minute or even 30 sec of the fight, you feel ok with your energy, then all of the sudden you feel like fighting in a swamp, or under water. Your mind is not clear, you can't thing about game plan, strategies. You just kind of react to whats happening. You feel slow, legs heavy. You have tunnel vision, but not the good kind. You don't hear your coach anymore... Something between been dizzy from a blow to the head, and been dead tired like its the end of the 5th round.
But personally i dint feel more pain in that condition, but i don't know about others.

It's not something you can control once it started, but it's something you can prepare to avoid. You also must find what may trigger it, and the problem is that most of the times you got to experienced once to understand what caused it.

It may be caused from over excitement, nervousness in front of a big crowd, nervousness if you know that your opponent is really good etc...

Mine was when i fought in front a very big crowd for the first time. I was used to fight in front of an audience, but not something that big. The thing is, I dint felt specially stressed but i dint do a good job to mentally prepare my self... I was with a new corner, new coach. Also it was a tournament, so you dint knew when you will be fighting, so i was alternating warm-ups and relaxing. Usually i got to make my self enter the zone...yeah i know it sounds stupid, but it's something that works for me. I got to make my self be serious about it, not treat the fight like a sparring session. And for that, i kinda need to be in a bad mood, i need to listen to some music that have that effect, concentrate on some thoughts, that gets me there... But that day i dint do that.
Another factor was probably that my first fight got cancelled, my opponent dint make weight. So i had a lot of time just waiting, while my second opponent was already in fight mode. (to be clear, i would have probably lost that fight in any case, he was just better. But i dint enjoy it, i dint fight like a normally do, i dint make him work hard for it)

I read somewhere that a gym, but i don't remember which one, prepare their new fighters by doing rehearsal of the walk out. With the music, some friends and members for the crowd, the corner following all the way to the ring, the presentation etc...

But adrenaline dump its not to be confused with just been nervous. Usually we are all nervous before the fight, and even maybe for the first actions, but then it goes away. Adrenaline dump is the opposite... You feel good at first because your body is full of adrenaline, but suddenly it disappears leaving you without energy...

It's something you may never have. But the more experience you get, the better you mentally prepare your self, it also diminish the chances to have one...

Anyway, that's my personal experience with it. I think some people had adrenaline dumps later inside the fight, and probably others experienced differently and for other reasons...

I dont know about this adrenaline dump thing and never heard of it before.

Dont worry and focus on all kinds of nonsense.

Train hard, fight confidently, fight your best, and youll do good. Win or loose dont matter. Just do your best thats it. Being able to fight to the best of your ability is difficult. But when you do get in that "zone" man you are on "fire". The trick is getting in that zone. lol

It's your subconscious taking an executive decision for you. It determines, with the information you've provided it, to end the fight. It is exercising damage limitation, ensuring you stop defending yourself.

I can guarantee it does not happen in life or death situations but those of social violence.

So, either convince yourself it is life or death, or, convince yourself you are the superior fighter.

Omg do I feel your pain. I've broken like 7 toes now from this. It definitely happens more often when I teep just above waistline and under the ribs. I've yet to find a solution other than new partners or being very teep selective (which ruins a lot of my other weapons imo). Good luck!

Blocking a teep with the elbows is a very legit technique.

I like close range fighting to use my Boxing, and don't like getting teeped to keep me out of range.

The parrying and/or scooping with the hands, often used in sparring, I don't like at all because it's pretty easy to feint a teep, and once I drop my hands to do a circular parry, I get punched in the face. At longer range, then it's a feint parry into a Superman-Punch; which is perfect since the feint rear teeping leg is coming in the downward motion desired for this SP.

Block with the elbows or parrying with the elbows, takes care of dudes who likes to teep a lot. They stop that shit during fights. I want to break the habit of wanting to block teeps any other way....especially like catching teeps and pulling.... to a leg sweep; they are nice and pretty....but that shit ain't easy unless it's vs. noobs. Kind of like sweet looking spinning wheel kicks and other unicorns that rarely lands.

For training, I wear elbow pads to lessen the chances of hurting my partner. I also parry away teeps with my elbows and forearm...Boxing technique. If they don't want to get their toes jammed, don't teep that hard and deal with the hands.

Blocking a teep with the elbows is a very legit technique.

I like close range fighting to use my Boxing, and don't like getting teeped to keep me out of range.

The parrying and/or scooping with the hands, often used in sparring, I don't like at all because it's pretty easy to feint a teep, and once I drop my hands to do a circular parry, I get punched in the face. At longer range, then it's a feint parry into a Superman-Punch; which is perfect since the feint rear teeping leg is coming in the downward motion desired for this SP.

Block with the elbows or parrying with the elbows, takes care of dudes who likes to teep a lot. They stop that shit during fights. I want to break the habit of wanting to block teeps any other way....especially like catching teeps and pulling.... to a leg sweep; they are nice and pretty....but that shit ain't easy unless it's vs. noobs. Kind of like sweet looking spinning wheel kicks and other unicorns that rarely lands.

For training, I wear elbow pads to lessen the chances of hurting my partner. I also parry away teeps with my elbows and forearm...Boxing technique. If they don't want to get their toes jammed, don't teep that hard and deal with the hands.

i agree with most of what you said but disagree with the catching of the teeps. I have done it in every one of my fights and its quite common in high level thai fights as well.

i agree with most of what you said but disagree with the catching of the teeps. I have done it in every one of my fights and its quite common in high level thai fights as well.

Yeah, probably because this isn't my game. I train catching teeps but rarely attempt it during hard sparring nor fights.

I also forgot to mention that I think, that the main reason for gyms teaching to not block teeps by covering with the elbows, like in Boxing, is to not cause injuries to the teeper's toes. It's just so much easier to block teeps this way. The other methods, requires one hand to drop completely...while catching the teep, requires both hands to drop.

Last edited:
Back