ask me your questions

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by shincheckin, Jan 5, 2017.

1. shincheckin Blue Belt

shincheckin
    hey guys, ask me your questions and I will answer them whether its technique, dieting, cutting weight, overcoming the fear of fighting, preparing for your first fight etc. I have knowledge to share and have studied in coaching, as well as mentally empowering individuals.

LeonardoBjj and Jimmy H like this.
  2. Jimmy H Purple Belt

Jimmy H
    Oh so you're a muay thai guy? What muay thai fighters inspire you in terms of technique?

3. shincheckin Blue Belt

shincheckin
    My favorite fighter when I was younger was Ramon Dekkers. I also like Coban alot, got to meet him and even fought one of his fighters. Currently I have been watching Saenchai alot to pick up his unorthodox techniques. I forgot to add mike tyson, I like his and dekkers aggressive style.

4. Jimmy H Purple Belt

Jimmy H
    wow nice that you got to fight one of cobans guys. What do you think about guys who are 200+ pounds doing muay thai? I had a guy who fought in thailand tell me if its above 170+ its not good muay thai.

5. shincheckin Blue Belt

shincheckin
    depends on his build. ppl can be athletic at 200 lbs, and people can also not be. In the most recent siam fight, there is a heavyweight fight I was impressed with, about half way through.

Jimmy H likes this.
  6. Noodles03 Orange Belt

Noodles03
    Hi Shinchecken, when it comes to conditioning, how much time should be focus on high intensity interval training and steady state cardio?

7. DelanoRunnymede Blue Belt

DelanoRunnymede
    Hi man. Thanks for the thread, pretty noob question I'm sure, but I'm struggling with height in my round kicks. I stretch on a daily basis, and I feel like it's my hip flexor that's holding me back. Any suggestions on stretches or techniques to help? I've been kickboxing 4 times a week for a few months if that helps. Thanks again

8. shincheckin Blue Belt

shincheckin
    i use this stretch, when done correctly you can really feel it. consistancy is key, stretching and being able to actually see and feel a difference takes time, your stretching the muscles tendons etc. its sort of the same concept as building muscle or increasing bone density.

3 months of consistant stretching should provide, small but noticeble incresae

9. shincheckin Blue Belt

shincheckin
    this is a good question. I will make a video answering it, give me some time. thanks

Noodles03 likes this.
  10. shincheckin Blue Belt

shincheckin
    here you go, hopefully this answers. i would focus on general training, pads bag sparring etc. then incorporate HIT a few weeks out before the fight.

Noodles03 likes this.
  11. Noodles03 Orange Belt

Noodles03
    Cool, thank you.

12. spacetime Purple Belt

spacetime
    What is in your opinion the biggest weakness in Muay Thai as a stand up art, if you were to advice someone to defeat a Muay Thai fighter using another striking art? Rules are still stand up fighting in the scenario.

13. shincheckin Blue Belt

shincheckin

spacetime likes this.