Elections Asian Americans vote dem by a wide margin

There is a significant amount of money laundering going on in the Asian community, especially from the new wealthy immigrants from China. There is also the presence of organized crime within that community. The problem I have with his statement is that he generalize criminality as the reason why Asians vote left wing parties, which is unsupported by facts and completely lopsided.
I am not arguing there is not certain crimes that certain ethnicities seem to be over represented in. That is not unique to Asians. I am saying that is not overwhelmingly why they vote as they do at least per my subjective experience since that is the threshold he is using to speak for the community.

I think Asians are able to look at taxes and take the obvious position of "Well, no, taxes are not simply bad. What type of taxes? On whom?"

Why do you guys always simply go "People just want lower taxes!" When people realize that taxes pay for things everyone needs? What is the point of this Grover Norquist retardation?

Because all taxes should be carefully managed and as low as possible for the kinds of services we need.

Popping the corks and breaking the plates in unsustainable.

Full retards and their generalizations.
main-qimg-c4f35178e16d7338461353db47a7b4bd-c

Indians, including Sikhs, are the highest earning ethnic group in America.

I wonder if the vietnamese are the least left leaning because they have the least education, or because so many of them hate communism

I wonder if the vietnamese are the least left leaning because they have the least education, or because so many of them hate communism
ha, their tendency towards conservatism was once so pronounced that the GOP expected their support and took it for granted- until it began to reverse. They used to be even more Republican.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...re-no-longer-a-lock-for-the-republican-party/
“For a long time, this [Vietnamese-American community] was the most heavily Republican group of Asian voters,” said Taeku Lee, a professor of political science and law at the University of California, Berkeley, and a principal investigator on the NAAS report. “Then, in 2008 and 2012, they began to turn Democratic and a key driver of this shift has been a growing generational gap.” He said the gap was similar to that of Cuban-Americans, with older voters supporting Republicans. But Lee added that even that is changing. “In 2012, about 58 percent of Vietnamese-American registered voters over 50 voted Democratic,” he said.
Support-for-Free-Market-System-Pew-Research-Center-2018-11-18-18-58-53.png

Look at Vietnam in this poll. No other nation comes close.

I've said a million times that if the GOP didn't spend so much time alienating and demonizing Latin Americans, they could have a HUGE Latino boost to help bolster their numbers. They're easily the most socially conservative of all ethnic minorities in the country.

But since they do alienate and demonize them, most Latinos vote dem.
they couldnt openly pander to Latinos because the GOP's white base blames them for lower wages. They tried to undo that but Trump came along and doubled down.

ha, their tendency towards conservatism was once so pronounced that the GOP expected their support and took it for granted- until it began to reverse. They used to be even more Republican.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...re-no-longer-a-lock-for-the-republican-party/
“For a long time, this [Vietnamese-American community] was the most heavily Republican group of Asian voters,” said Taeku Lee, a professor of political science and law at the University of California, Berkeley, and a principal investigator on the NAAS report. “Then, in 2008 and 2012, they began to turn Democratic and a key driver of this shift has been a growing generational gap.” He said the gap was similar to that of Cuban-Americans, with older voters supporting Republicans. But Lee added that even that is changing. “In 2012, about 58 percent of Vietnamese-American registered voters over 50 voted Democratic,” he said.
Support-for-Free-Market-System-Pew-Research-Center-2018-11-18-18-58-53.png

Look at Vietnam in this poll. No other nation comes close.

I'm actually coming back to the USA from Vietnam right now. This is a VERY pronounced opinion people here have.

Capitalism=good

Communism=BAD

I'm actually coming back to the USA from Vietnam right now. This is a VERY pronounced opinion people here have.

Capitalism=good

Communism=BAD
are they more socially conservative than their neighbors too?

are they more socially conservative than their neighbors too?

Cant say for the neighbors, never been. It is a very socially conservative place though. More so than anywhere else I have ever been

It's funny. They vote Liberals here in Canada mostly, but their values are pretty conservative if you spent significant time with them.

They know the liberals are suckers so they want them in charge to enable their real estate swindles.

But the idea that rural whites or urban blacks or evangelicals or Cuban immigrants or whoever it is are brainwashed is utterly contemptuous. If I were a young black man living in Chicago and I heard some white republican saying that blacks only vote for Dems because they don't know any better, I'd assume that man despises me.

Interesting, so what do you say when your fellow conservatives on this forum make statements about blacks not having free-thought, being brainwashed, and still living on the Democratic Plantation? And do you express your thoughts to your fellow conservatives on this forum when you see them make such sweeping generalizing statements?

they couldnt openly pander to Latinos because the GOP's white base blames them for lower wages. They tried to undo that but Trump came along and doubled down.
They are partially to blame so what’s the problem?

They're conservative AF in their countries.

We know Japan is like with immigration.
We know what China is like (esp against muslim encroachment).
We know what South Korea is like

gettyimages-987840408.jpg

It's clearly just immigration is their number 1 priority when it benefits them.

They're conservative AF in their countries.

We know Japan is like with immigration.
We know what China is like (esp against muslim encroachment).
We know what South Korea is like

gettyimages-987840408.jpg

It's clearly just immigration is their number 1 priority when it benefits them.
a rational person would look at this and assume they left those nations behind to live in a society that is more tolerant to outsiders and benefit from multiculturalism. But yes, regressive conservatives who fight tooth and nail to preserve the idealized vision of their homeland that only exists in their delusions is hardly new.

Back