As it Happens, I Quite Like Anchovies

Daverisimo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So, I just went to the store because I was craving some cheese and crackers. I picked them up (some aged cheddar and water crackers), and began walking toward the register. As I was en route to purchase my delicious snack, I saw, in the corner of my eye, a shelf full of various brands of anchovies. I can't tell you what compelled me to grab a tin (I've never had anchovies before, and the thought of them used to gross me out), but I did.

They are delicious. On their own they're good enough, but with cheese and a cracker?

06304541.jpg

They are notoriously delicious, I'm not sure why that's a shock.

A strong liking of anchovies is a sign of great character.

Almost had them on pizza tonight. Thanks to this thread I will try next time

As a kid I used to assume anchovies were disgusting because of the ninja turtles. They used to always talk about how nasty they were, so I assumed they were shit. Then one time I actually tried them, when I was about 13 years old, on pizza, and was shocked how good they actually were. That was 19 years ago almost. It's time I tried them again.

I just had some caesar salad. It came with a single anchovie on top of it. It tasted swell.

Almost had them on pizza tonight. Thanks to this thread I will try next time

Do not even consider it. They have more evil in them than Hitler. One on a pizza will stink the whole pizza up and the taste......

You are being taken for a ride, unless you're a wog. Got a wog as a good friend and they'd eat shit on a stick of you put it in front of them.

As a kid I used to assume anchovies were disgusting because of the ninja turtles. They used to always talk about how nasty they were, so I assumed they were shit. Then one time I actually tried them, when I was about 13 years old, on pizza, and was shocked how good they actually were. That was 19 years ago almost. It's time I tried them again.

Same, except I still haven't tried them. I'll try most foods once but just can't bring myself to try anchovies.

Tinned anchovies are salty as fuck but I'll still eat them.

I prefer marinated fresh anchovies:
m_e4d00778f0.jpg

Or deep fried fresh anchovies with a squeeze of lime:
almyriki.jpg

There are two markets near me that sell the marinaded fresh anchovies, I'll put those out with some sliced bread, that's dinner.

I don't guess I've ever had them. I don't think I've ever even seen them.

I've only ever had tinned and it was just like eating salt with a fishy after taste.

No thanks Jeff.

So, I just went to the store because I was craving some cheese and crackers. I picked them up (some aged cheddar and water crackers), and began walking toward the register. As I was en route to purchase my delicious snack, I saw, in the corner of my eye, a shelf full of various brands of anchovies. I can't tell you what compelled me to grab a tin (I've never had anchovies before, and the thought of them used to gross me out), but I did.

They are delicious. On their own they're good enough, but with cheese and a cracker?

06304541.jpg
Too much salt in one's diet is well documented as being really bad for you. I won't go into detail because who reads more than a couple sentences on here anyway, but don't make this snack a regular thing.

I always get them on my pizza.. not a lot of places have them though

Too much salt in one's diet is well documented as being really bad for you. I won't go into detail because who reads more than a couple sentences on here anyway, but don't make this snack a regular thing.

Eh, not really. Eat a banana after, you'll be fine.

Back